Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Happy Birthday ABB!
Posted by: franzk ()
Date: September 6, 2006 23:44

It's been a year this week since A Bigger Bang was released. Time passes by very quickly, doesn't it? What's your opinion on album after a year? Has it changed?
I still see it as a very good album, although I would reduce it to 11-12 songs and add Under the Radar to it.
Best songs (then and now): Rough Justice, This Place is Empty, Let Me Down Real Slow, Laugh I Nearly Die.
Song I didn't like when the album came out but I like now: Streets Of Love (after hearing live versions)
The worst Songs: Driving Too Fast, Sweet Neocon

Re: Happy Birthday ABB!
Posted by: Pokalheld ()
Date: September 7, 2006 00:32

I still love this record. And my opinion didn't change the last year. And it's great to have 16 songs! Everybody says, the trackslist ist too long. But everybody chooses 12 different numbers. So it it great to have the choice, isn't it?

My favorists:
Rough Justice, It Won't Take Long, Rain Fall Down, Back Of My Hand, This Place Is Empty, Oh No Not You Again, Laugh I Nearly Died, Sweet Neocon, Look What The Cat Dragged In and Driving Too Fast

Also good:
Dangerous Beauty, Don't Wanna Go Home

The worst song:
Streets Of Love

BUT: Streets Of Love became a wunderful power ballad on stage. It got a super ending with Ronnies new guitar part and Micks performance. That change was really amazing.

Posted by: abb05 ()
Date: September 7, 2006 00:51

abb will always be a good record to me. just wish they would play more of it on stage.

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: September 7, 2006 02:50

I still love it after a year. I agree with Poka..
Most people think you can trim two or three songs but everyone disagrees on which songs to trim. I love Streets of Love and other people hate it.

They were better off leaving all 16 songs on the final cut. If they left some songs off people would be scouring the internet anyway trying to get their hands on the "outtakes".

Everyone can custom trim it if they want. Burn you own cd with the songs you like or program your cd player to skip the ones you don't like. I wish they had included the other two that came out on the special edition so I would have them too.

Posted by: keefstheman ()
Date: September 7, 2006 03:03

May you rest in peace...

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: September 7, 2006 03:39

holds up great after one year. Still dig it

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1600
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home