Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Has Lisa got a laryngitis ?
Posted by: Doc ()
Date: August 30, 2006 11:12

No Night Time, no Gimme Shelter during the last shows, what happened ???

Night Time is one of the most specific songs of the ABBB Tour, it's weird that the UK fans did only get it one time in London.

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Re: Has Lisa got a laryngitis ?
Posted by: rknuth ()
Date: August 30, 2006 15:40

It got boring! That's it. During the US-leg they changed the cover version but in Europe they played Night Time the whole time. So it was a good idea to stop it! If Lisa got laryngitis she can't sing at all.

Posted by: OILY_DIPSTICK ()
Date: August 30, 2006 18:15

Less of Lisa is just what the doctor ordered.
The cod-soprano garbage she turns out on YCAGWYW makes my head hurt.

Oily.

Posted by: Slick ()
Date: August 30, 2006 20:53

OILY_DIPSTICK Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Less of Lisa is just what the doctor ordered.
> The cod-soprano garbage she turns out on YCAGWYW
> makes my head hurt.
>
> Oily.

lol

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: September 1, 2006 06:18

sounds like she's had laryngitis since 1994

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: September 1, 2006 07:36

Lisa is great. What's the problem? I don't get it.

Let me say it again:

LISA IS GREAT, SHE TEARS IT UP

Posted by: stonedmike ()
Date: September 1, 2006 08:28

i can only hope that the night time is gone forever. bring back gimme shelter

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: September 1, 2006 08:33

Send It To me Wrote:
> Lisa is great. What's the problem? I don't get
> it.
>
> Let me say it again:
>
> LISA IS GREAT, SHE TEARS IT UP

i agree. i am sick of night time too though. she said last fall that everyone told her they missed gimme shelter - maybe we got it in the US because we complain more?

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: September 1, 2006 08:38

Send It To me Wrote:
> Lisa is great. What's the problem? I don't get
> it.
>
> Let me say it again:
>
> LISA IS GREAT, SHE TEARS IT UP

too 'throaty' for me . . .

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: September 1, 2006 08:57

Lisa's lungs are fiiiiiiine.

Posted by: KCSTONES ()
Date: September 1, 2006 09:39

Wish the Stones would get rid of all background singers including Blondie...and take that damned guitar away from him..please!
If the Stones feel they need a third guitarist for God sake please get Taylor back!

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: September 1, 2006 11:20

I love Night Time, it was one my highlights during the Amsterdam show. Lisa is great on that tune!

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: waaghals ()
Date: September 1, 2006 12:01

Doc Wrote:
> No Night Time, no Gimme Shelter during the last
> shows, what happened ???
>
> Night Time is one of the most specific songs of
> the ABBB Tour, it's weird that the UK fans did
> only get it one time in London.

To me it's obvious that they stopped playing "Night time" because of Mick's Laryngitis which started in Porto when they played that song! It's a gospel song which means that there are a lot of high notes in it!

Date: September 1, 2006 13:14

I asked in a very provocative way but no more Lisa work on the shows these days : no GS, no NT.

If Micks is back in shape, I think they should continue doing NT.
NT is one of this tour's exclusive features.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: September 1, 2006 13:27

she has agreat voice but lets face it, her versions are getting played out man.
its the same gimme shelter since 89, enough already, thank goodness they took her off monkey man

Posted by: RadioMarv ()
Date: September 1, 2006 14:33

Lisa is the sexiest lady on the planet.

I like the way she sings as wellsmiling smiley

Date: September 1, 2006 14:33

I did not like the Monkey Man version without her.
Too flat IMO

Posted by: Turning To Gold ()
Date: September 1, 2006 19:00

"Night Time" was great for a while in 2005 right after Ray Charles died, but it's overworn its usefulness.

I am sure she is very talented, but if I wanted to hear Lisa Fisher sing Stones and Ray Charles songs, I would pay to go see her do her set in a nightclub with a backing band. Even without Mick's laryngitis, Lisa's spot in the set since '89 is basically filler to stretch the show and allow Mick to rest and sing one less entire song by himself. Her song always preceeds the band introductions and Keith's set, which means Mick doesn't have to sing as much for like, what, twenty or so minutes. It's a fact.

Contrary to what someone posted above, there are NO high notes for Mick in "Night Time Is The Right Time" although it does take a certain amount of growl in the voice, which can be a strain. But rather than being difficult, I'd say it's actually a song for him to basiaclly coast.

I was very surprised it's been dropped and I hope it stays dropped. The whole Lisa thing always been too much attention on someone who is basically a BACKING MUSICIAN and should be BACKING, not FRONTING. And judging from the very positive reviews of the last few shows, I think it's nothing but a good thing for the band.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: September 1, 2006 19:09

Doc Wrote:
> I did not like the Monkey Man version without
> her.
> Too flat IMO

why thats how the original is

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: September 1, 2006 21:12

I like lisa, but agree that I dont like her vox on YCGWYW. yet, somehow overall I still like that song live.

Date: September 1, 2006 21:43

"I am sure she is very talented, but if I wanted to hear Lisa Fisher sing Stones and Ray Charles songs, I would pay to go see her do her set in a nightclub with a backing band. Even without Mick's laryngitis, Lisa's spot in the set since '89 is basically filler to stretch the show and allow Mick to rest and sing one less entire song by himself. Her song always preceeds the band introductions and Keith's set, which means Mick doesn't have to sing as much for like, what, twenty or so minutes. It's a fact. "

Thank you. Totally agree. If I wanted to see an attractive female singer I'd go to a club. I want to see the Stones!!!

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: September 2, 2006 00:13

i respectfully disagree. I think giving her a little bit of the spotlight makes for a good all around show. I think the stones have enough tatse not to take it too far.

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: September 2, 2006 03:25

Like Billy Preston in 75/76 they should give Lisa one solo song to extend the show a bit. She's a SWEET SEXY THANG with a great voice, give her more stage time I say I say....

Date: September 2, 2006 04:11

..give Lisa one song to extend the show. Its a @#$%& Stones show...What about having Keith do another number. I'm not paying to see Lisa. If I wanted to see a sweet sexy thang I'd go to a titty bar.

Date: September 2, 2006 04:14

....better yet. If you wanna stretch the show find a guitarist who can actually play lead guitar and add to the song...Mick Taylor anyone!

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: September 2, 2006 08:03

I like Lisa but I don't like Night Time. It is my new bathroon break replacing Miss You, since they are on the move to the B stage during that song.

Mick loves to do covers and that is fine....it's how the band got it's start. BUT they have 100 other song of their own that most people would love to hear. Instead, we get Night Time, a few times we got Get Up/Stand Up, last tour Love Train, and a Blues Band cover, the list goes on.

I guess my golden rule is if they didn't record a remake of it on their own album/CD ala Just My Imagination or Ain't to Proud to Beg, then leave it the F off the live set.

Posted by: shedooby ()
Date: September 2, 2006 09:26

What's the fuss about; I rather see the Stones plus a sexy lady and an incredible singer than without..

Date: September 2, 2006 09:47

Sorry...I would love to see just the Stones....no backup singers...and NO Blondie on guitar. Is it no surprise that the Stones are best when playing on the small stage with no extra personnel.

Posted by: Chav Watch ()
Date: September 2, 2006 10:32

Leave Lisa alone. I would happily get rid of everone apart from the four Stones on the proviso that Lisa could play bass!

Posted by: john r ()
Date: September 2, 2006 10:52

Billy Preston in '75 was one rare lapse in taste, probably due to Preston's manager's demands and Mick's (drug inducef?) temporary loss of identity as his bizarre vocal mannerisms of the period suggest, but Lisa is fine on her feature part of one song which they don't even always do, and is unobtrusive and sometimes soulful in her backup role

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1347
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home