Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

anyone go to the Bonnington Hotel last Monday?
Posted by: barking paul ()
Date: August 27, 2006 19:22

Did anyone go to the Stones Convention there last week?
Was it worthwhile, anything interesting?

Re: anyone go to the Bonnington Hotel last Monday?
Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: August 27, 2006 19:33

Yes, it was great. Bought 3 photos signed by Philip Townsend. Four Licks box set mint condition, Four Licks poster. And had a great time.

Posted by: Stikkyfinger ()
Date: August 27, 2006 19:35

I got a Rolling Stones book and a Brown Sugar beer mat. What more could a poor boy do?

Rolling Stones Tribute

Play Rolling Stones

Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: August 27, 2006 20:08

Ali Zayeri had a mind blowing Stones exhibit on. Saw things I didn't even know I didn't know about.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: August 28, 2006 01:03

I call it a Stones memorabilia show more than a convention. There were about 10 dealers in a small basement-type room. I thought there would be more dealers. A lot of posters, buttons, mugs, knick knacks, vinyl, CDs, DVDs, t shirts -- some rare and some not. I was surprised that there weren't more dealers with CD boots, but did pick up one item.

The best thing for me was a couple of dealers who had Stones guitar picks. They generally did not appear to be used and was told that they came from the Stones "stock" (they did not actually use this word) i.e. one dealer who had been at Ronnie's party after the first Twicks gig and was friends with him had simply been given some out of Ronnie's pocket. I bought two -- one with Rolling Stones one one side and the tongue with 2003 on the other; and another which was all red with Rolling Stones on one side and Keith Richards on the other. Hope they are genuine.

I think I paid too much as a guy attending came along and showed me one he had which he offered at less than I had just paid (it was a Bigger Bang pick).

A real oddity -- a Stones pinball machine. And perhaps rarity -- someone had an orange rectangular poster which he claimed was from the first Stones gig ever but he was not selling it.

I heard something else from the photographer Townsend which I will make the subject of a separate post.

timfrommontana

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: August 28, 2006 01:08

I did not buy anything, I thought the bootcd.s and DVD:s were way overpriced. They cost about 20£, and that´s double the price almost, compared to Sweden.
Anyway, here is me wíth Alexis Korners guitar from the time he held our boys under his wings (Ali Zayeri Collection).

More from the convention at the Stonesvikings site, check it out.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-08-28 01:10 by mickijaggeroo.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: August 28, 2006 02:45

Vilhelm

Where on your site do I go to find more on the convention?

tim from montana

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: August 28, 2006 08:43

Just follow the "Stonesvikings in London" link on the first page.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: Matt ()
Date: August 28, 2006 09:38

I was also there. It was fun looking at old magazines and memorabilia. There were only a few dealers selling expensive bootleg CD's and DVD's. I bought "Stripped" on DVD since my old VHS has been worned out.
Matt

Posted by: shidoobee ()
Date: August 28, 2006 09:54

Yes! Two lovely Phil Townsend photos, signed and framed, look great on my lounge wall. But the best stuff I found in London - Camden Lock... 15 kilos of DVDs, CDs and vinyl to take home. And with the nazis presently working for the British airport security, I had to use my best tricks to take the gems on board. So I opened every CD, every DVD. Showed them a Stones tattoo, and they understud I'm just a Stones-freak, definitely refusing to die before I've seen / Heard all the new stuff I bought.
Ans Jaggeroo's right. The stuff at the convention was a bit overpriced. But then again, I live in Norway - and everything's overpriced.

Posted by: barking paul ()
Date: August 28, 2006 10:39

describing security staff working at British airports as 'nazis' is offensive.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1346
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home