Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

can anyone recommend stones camp i n Horsens?
Posted by: Nelson ()
Date: August 26, 2006 03:32

thers not one single hotel rum avaible,and theres not lot of hotels eighter

Re: can anyone recommend stones camp i n Horsens?
Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: August 26, 2006 09:50

Take the place in the camp. Recommended.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: country honk ()
Date: August 26, 2006 10:49

"thers not one single hotel rum avaible,and theres not lot of hotels eighter"

Horsens is "out there" in nowhere...... it is a smaller city without too many facilitites......

They should have done the show in Copenhagen, where the facilities are much better....

Date: August 26, 2006 11:00

It's not "out there". Stick to what you know mate. There's not a long way to Århus, Silkeborg, Vejle and so on. It's not in the middle of nowhere. Horsens handled Madonna perfecly, counting out the problem, which was the ONLY problem, at the southern parking lot. Copenhagen has been a dull city for years now. It's too boring being there. Horsens is the new place and you can't argue that we don't have the facilities, because we have the camps. The whole city thinks Stones right now, and Copenhagen would never have. If they played Copenhagen it would just have been looked upon as "Just another event in our city". I'd take Horsens any day and I've been both places. Horsens makes a big deal out of it and Copenhagen doesn't.
You've been reading too many jerk reviews from Henrik Quitsch I guess. ;-) He had the Madonna experience turned upside down. And he's been a jerk since I can remember...

JumpingKentFlash

Date: August 26, 2006 13:03

I would go to the camp if I didn't have to go to work the day after the concert.
According to most reviews and fans' reactions - not only the jerk JumpingKentFlash refers to - the organisers didn't really do a good job after the Madonna-concert.

I think it's ok and fine that concerts are held in Horsens, but it is quite clear after the Madonna-concert that 85.000 people on a field are far too many. I'm sure that only 10% actually could see and enjoy anything. This according to all reports in the Danish media and on the web. The remaining 90% paid for being at a video performance. I'm quite sure the Stones have a better and bigger video-screen. The Stones do have their B-stage set. And a Stones-show isn't choreographied the same way as Madonna's shows. So they should reach a far bigger percentage of the audience. But there'll still be a majority who won't stand a chance of watching anything on the stage without the help of the video-screen. This is a fact, and the whole concept of field-concerts must be condemned imo. This has NOTHING to do with the fact that the concert is held in Horsens.

Many people in Horsens - including the organisers - now claim the critics are part of a Copenhagen-conspiracy against Horsens. That's a lousy way of arguing. Nobody claim that Horsens haven't organised great events in previous years. But with 85.000 people for Madonna and Stones Horsens is simply squeezing the lemon, and that's why a hell of a lot people prefer places like Parken stadium in Copenhagen. There's a reason why hundreds - if not a few thousands - of people actually left the Madonna-concert long before the concert was over. Apparently it wasn't only because of Madonna singing false : ). It also appears that you could watch the show a little better outside the area. This really makes you think.
All credits to Horsens. To all hard working volunteers. I'm sure they want to do their best for everyone. But it's simply just not possible. And that's the lesson I hope they'll learn in Horsens.

Date: August 26, 2006 13:22

It's always been like that. Whenever it's a big concert on a big field it's the same. It was the same in Rio 2006 for the Stones. As I wrote on another board: It wasn't Horsens that wasn't geared for the concert. It was the concert goers...

And BTW: The Copenhagen conspiracy I never heard of. But it sounds pretty much like BS to me. Of course Copenhagen would never do that.

Furthermore: I heard from many that Madonna just sucked. I guess that was part of it too.

And: It's not squeezing the lemon at all. When you go to Hockenheim and see a show it's pretty much the same. That just proves my point that it was the concert goers that wasn't ready for such a big event. Horsens has been ready for months. If you go to Copenhagen and sit at the back of Parken you still can't see much.

The reason I called Henrik Quitsch a jerk is that, to him, if one thing is wrong, EVERYTHING is wrong. To him the concert field was a "pløjemark" (Just to make it seem more farmer-ish). It's not. It's football fields. And he couldn't see anything, so then he writes that it was neither music nor culture. What a jerk...

JumpingKentFlash

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-08-26 13:25 by JumpingKentFlash.

Date: August 26, 2006 13:39

Rio was a free concert. That's a difference. Apart from the fact that I do believe that Copacabana - beach is a bit more beautiful than fields in Horsens, outside Zürich, Hockenheim or any fields....I may of course be wrong smiling smiley

If you're a concert-goer you to a concert. Not a video-perfomance. If you sit in the back of any stadium you will at least be able to see the stage. Still it sucks. I agree. Big is not the same as better.

Copenhagen-conspiracy against Horsens: This is more or less claimed by the chairman of the organisers ( : Musikforeningen Eigils ), Erik Munk Jacobsen. According to today's Politiken.

Date: August 26, 2006 13:45

You know we can't rely on what is being said in the papers and in these sort of "wars". Yes you go to a concert to see the ones doing it (I myself go for the music, but whatever). But I'm very surprised that you, a great Stones fan, doesn't know that big concerts are like that...

And what do you mean by Rio being a free concert? That makes no difference at all....

BTW: Did you know that Erik Munk Jacobsen actually signed my ticket??? Lol....

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: August 26, 2006 14:12

no nervous breakdowns Wrote:
. There's a reason why
> hundreds - if not a few thousands - of people
> actually left the Madonna-concert long before the
> concert was over.

That was also the case in Twickenham

Date: August 26, 2006 14:14

For Madonna or Stones?

JumpingKentFlash

Date: August 26, 2006 14:29

The biggest Stones-concert I ever attended was in Leipzig 2003. I had FOS-tickets. Close to the stage. Lots of space. I had a great concert. BUT I was indeed wondering after the concert what at least 40.000 out the 70.000 crowd had been watching. I couldn't even hear those 70.000 people. The crowd-noise was always louder in a stadium. And that's the reason for being critical of concerts this big. It simply may backfire at the performers and the organisers. At a stadium you'll never have 30.000-70.000 people in front of you.
Of course people ought to be aware that everybody won't be able to watch everything with so many people in attendance. Most probably do not realize this. I agrre. I do indeed realize it. But still I do criticize these arrangements. Let's just imagine that people actually were aware of the facts of standing several hundred meters away from the stage : Do you really think they would then pay $100 or more for a concert ? I doubt it. Do you think Madonna could sell the same amount of tickets the next time in Horsens ? I doubt it. OK, I know that she apparently was quite bad, so she wouldn't sell the tickets anyway : ) - I just hope this won't be the same scenario after the Stones-concert. Stones are better prepared for these kind of shows, but still....
I think the free concert in Rio did make a difference. Nobody had to spend hours - and days like yourself - in front of a ticket agency or on the web in order to spend money. They could just go down to the local beach on the very day. It always makes a difference when you pay for something. I think.

Date: August 26, 2006 14:43

In all fairness I know that the concert info was available from the day they announced the show. People should have checked it out before buying tickets. That can't be the promoters headache. But the difference with Rio: There is none. Why? What we're talking about here is not the fact that I sat in line for days on end. We're talking about the fact that concert-wise, Rio was/is pretty similar to Horsens.

JumpingKentFlash

Date: August 26, 2006 14:55

It could turn out to be the headache of the promoters - and the performers. I think it should TOO. But I do agree : People should check it out. They should think. But I honestly think we're asking for too much : )
Rio and Horsens ? 1, 5 millions vs 85.000. A free concert vs paying for it. I think there're differences. I would prefer the free beach in Rio. Just looks more sexy than Horsens : ) No offense. I may be wrong of course. - Musically it's all the same. What matters is the group's performance. If that's what you mean, then we agree.

Date: August 26, 2006 15:03

Yes, but CONCERT-WISE there's no difference.

JumpingKentFlash

Date: August 26, 2006 15:14

JumpingKentFlash Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> For Madonna or Stones?

Stones

Date: August 26, 2006 15:28

So many people left during the concert???

JumpingKentFlash

Date: August 26, 2006 15:32

Well, during Satisfaction. I was one of them. Saved me a few hours

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1590
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home