Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

i have to go
Posted by: terry ()
Date: August 21, 2006 21:52

i decided that due to my son michael taking his own life earlier this year, i couldnt face going to twicks without him.But having giving it some thought ..ive decided to go the second twicks show.its not going to be easy, but he would want me there..i first took mike to see them on the voodoo lounge tour...and his been a fan ever since...lol more a fan than me. he lived and breathed the stones.We last went to see them on the licks tour at twicks, thats why i find it hard to go back.My four daughters have told me to go and enjoy myself.So i will wear his stones t shirt,and rock with the stones.It will be a bitter sweet day.

Re: i have to go
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: August 21, 2006 22:06

Sounds like you went through a tough time, Terry. I don't know what to say except for wishing you all the strength you need. Sure hope that in spite of all the sadness you had this year, you will have a great time at Twickenham. Mixed Emotions.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: August 22, 2006 00:53

He'll be with you.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 22, 2006 01:10

I'm glad your daugthers supporting you, as rolling hansie quoted "Mixed Emotions" hope you get yours Emotions straight.

Forgot the h in straight

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-08-22 01:14 by NICOS.

Posted by: Niklas ()
Date: August 22, 2006 01:11

This is hard work, I know, cause I lost my brother earlier this year. Although he was more for The Beatles, we both love both bands, and we've attended both McCartney and Stones together. I've seen three shows so far, and two to come, and just right in the middle of some great song - his memory turns up in my head. Strange and very very sad, but I know he would have been pissed to see me staying home. He would have told me to get out there and get on with my life and do what I love the most. But sure, it's depressing and sad, but all in all it's better than staying home... Mixed emotions is the best way to put it.

Posted by: Turd On The Run ()
Date: August 22, 2006 02:04

Your son will be there with you...from beginning to end...and he'll be so proud of you. Bless you.

Diamond rings, Vaseline, you gave me disease, well, I lost a lot of love over you.

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: August 22, 2006 07:20

hey terry....I remember reading your post months ago....I marveled then as I am now at your courage....strength can be gained from sadness and I see you are building muscles as we speak.....my humble hat is tipped in your general direction, my friend

Posted by: terry ()
Date: August 23, 2006 03:30

As you will see in the other post..i manage to go to twicks and im glad i did.It felt right being there,even though it was tough.When they played ycagwuw mikes fave song ..i had a few tears in my eyes. My daughters keeped in touch by phone during the show. michael would of been proud of the stones ..they put on a great show...thanks for your nice comments ..lukester.and turd on the run.Bless you

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1488
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home