Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Anyone back from Twickenham yet?
Posted by: lmatth8461 ()
Date: August 21, 2006 01:59

The indications are the boys are back on form.
What the verdict from those that went?

I'm a bit annoyed as I was supposed to go, but had to rearrange at the last moment...still, I should be about 30ft away from Keith on Tuesday. Maybe I'll catch one of his picks this time! Just missed out in 2003....

Re: Anyone back from Twickenham yet?
Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: August 21, 2006 02:28

Just got back. Indications are 100% correct. The gig was a million times better than any gig I saw in 2003. This gig will go down in history as a classic.

Sway was perfet - not too fast like in previous versions I've heard on boots. Midnight Rambler was just right too. Ronnie is back on form and was actualy playing some brilliant stuff.

Shame you had to miss it.

Posted by: PiotrRSpl ()
Date: August 21, 2006 02:31

woo hoo thanx for this shortcut sjs 12 !!! can't wait to hear more and so happy for all attenders tonight!!!

Posted by: lmatth8461 ()
Date: August 21, 2006 02:31

Great news. Hopefully they will keep up the vibe for Tuesday!
My sis-in-law went last night and will be going Tuesday too, so I'll get her verdict tomorrow. She's over here from Tokyo with about 20 members of the Japanese Stones fanclub. How's that for dedication?

Lee

Posted by: stein ()
Date: August 21, 2006 02:35

This show was great realy great, shure it will be a classic. I wonder how to do it better.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: August 21, 2006 02:54

Not long back. I thought it was fantastic, the highlights for me were Sway on the main stage and Get off of My Cloud on the B stage. I would agree that Ron worked his ass off, and all in all it was a very memorable show. I know we've all heard some of these songs a thousand times now ...... BUT ................ the version of Tumbling Dice among other things that they played tonight was truly to die for, that killer riff went on and on and on and ............ well YOU get it !!!

I hope it was filmed, and I hope there'll be a DVD of it or even PART of it. There deserves to be. It will be VERY interesting to see what the "great British press" have to say tomorrow.

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: August 21, 2006 03:01

paulywaul Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Not long back. I thought it was fantastic, the
> highlights for me were Sway on the main stage and
> Get off of My Cloud on the B stage. I would agree
> that Ron worked his ass off, and all in all it was
> a very memorable show. I know we've all heard some
> of these songs a thousand times now ...... BUT
> ................ the version of Tumbling Dice
> among other things that they played tonight was
> truly to die for, that killer riff went on and on
> and on and ............ well YOU get it !!!
>
> I hope it was filmed, and I hope there'll be a DVD
> of it or even PART of it. There deserves to be. It
> will be VERY interesting to see what the "great
> British press" have to say tomorrow.

Hey Paulywaul, glad you enjoyed it. I couldnt make tonight, but im there tuesday, cant wait! I cant believe start me up was #2... Nice! Its great to hear a real hardcore fan enjoying the show as much as you did. GREAT! Ruby tuesday, sway and MR in one show...

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Date: August 21, 2006 03:13

Mr Jimmy Wrote:
>
> Hey Paulywaul, glad you enjoyed it. I couldnt make
> tonight, but im there tuesday, cant wait! I cant
> believe start me up was #2... Nice! Its great to
> hear a real hardcore fan enjoying the show as much
> as you did. GREAT! Ruby tuesday, sway and MR in
> one show...

Yeah, have to confess ............. all that embarassing inflatable palm tree waving coming from A5 row 3 was down to me and Beast. I know, I know ........ we're such children and so irresponsible !! What a killer show. Tuesday to come, but I do wonder how they're gonna trump this !

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: August 21, 2006 03:15

Got back about an hour ago. Thought they were superb. Everyone on fine form, including Ronnie and Keith. Highlight for me was an unexpected one - Streets of Love played quite brilliantly, and the whole of the B Stage set.

I really hope this isn't the last time The Stones play London.

Posted by: backstreetboy ()
Date: August 21, 2006 03:16

so glad to hear it,thats how the msg show was back in sept,05.truly stunning.when there focused the result is stellar.on the on nights they blow any other band off the map.

john scialfa

Posted by: seebee ()
Date: August 21, 2006 03:22

What a fantastic night. Had a cheap seat tonight and was back up in the middle tier, but even up there everyone was rocking. Sound was great, have to agree with Paulywaul on the Get off my cloud, absolutely loved it. Can't wiat for Tuesday...A5 row 1!

Date: August 21, 2006 03:27

seebee Wrote:
> Can't wait for Tuesday...A5 row 1!

HOLY SHIT ........... so am I !! SEE YOU THERE !!

Date: August 21, 2006 03:29

Seebee,

What is the show like from back there? Is it spectacular?

Date: August 21, 2006 03:34

thank you guys for all your HOT reports!!!!

Now - how was Mick, some dude on Shidoobee is saying that Mick had voice problems in the middle of the show? Was struggling at the end of it? Is it true??

here's the quote:

"Mick tried his best, but about halfway through the show his voice just gave out, and he completely stopped singing any high notes. He pulled through, but he was clearly struggling. I have a feeling that YCAGWYW was on the set, but when it came time to play it, Mick just couldn't do it. He was really struggling by the end."

[p081.ezboard.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-08-21 03:35 by PiotrRSpl.

Date: August 21, 2006 03:45

I didn't notice that but I suppose it makes sense about YCAGWYW. More likely is the STRICT curfew for Twickenham of 10.30 pm.

Date: August 21, 2006 03:48

well, alsmo most likely he maybe didn't want to screw his voice again.

Posted by: seebee ()
Date: August 21, 2006 03:48

Sjs12, I was a bit apprehensive about being so far away, and wondered if the crowd were going to get into it, but once it started the section I was in were definitely up for it...lots of very hot women dancing all night...that was like the cherry on top of the cake! Especially that woman in the blue dress (just in case anyone else was in 126).
But the show itself was great. On licks I was on the pitch for Twickenham so it was much closer. In the middle tier you do feel a bit more removed from it, but saying that I really enjoyed tonight. Not sure if that was because it has been a few years since I last saw them, or whether it was just a geat show. Actually, it was just a GREAT show. Did seem to fly by though.

Paulwaul, got my numbers mixed up...just checked my ticket and I'm A2 row 1.Can't wait for Tuesday though!

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: August 21, 2006 04:00

Ohhhhhhh, what a fantastic gig, Mick's voice was really good, Ronnie was buzzing and the whole band were clearly enjoying themselves.
AND Sway, what more could one wish for....... (okay, okay..... Loving Cup LOL)?

Hmmmmmm, now I just gotta wait and see if I can score a FOS ticket for Tuesday!!

Cheers
SD

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: August 21, 2006 04:13

It certainly did fly by - that's what happens when you're having fun :-) YCAGWYW was omitted from the encore at the last minute because it would have taken the show beyond the wonderful 10.30 curfew. Note to the boys - GET ON STAGE A BIT EARLIER ON TUESDAY!! Mick's voice sounded stronger than I'd expected but he did avoid hitting any high notes throughout. And he proved yet again that he really is THE consummate performer and front man.

Posted by: Richard Deaner ()
Date: August 21, 2006 07:09

Thanks for posting all the great comments about tonights show so quickly! So good to hear they were on such great form!!! Happy for you all! Thank you!

Rick

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: August 21, 2006 09:01

x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-12-06 07:18 by Beelyboy.

Date: August 21, 2006 11:02

seebee Wrote:
>
> Paulwaul, got my numbers mixed up...just checked
> my ticket and I'm A2 row 1.Can't wait for Tuesday
> though!

OK ........ well in that case you'll be blowing the kisses at Ron an' I'll be blowing them at Keith !!

Posted by: john r ()
Date: August 21, 2006 11:21

Great to see some happy fans here...But that Guardian review is so irritating (as always grudgingly favorable), with its sum of the Stones' cumlulative ages (would BB or Barbra or Ray Charles, all who did many a rote show in recent decades, be discussed with such exhausted, predictable terms? No, no, & no) and reminders that the wrinkly rockers are 'irrelevant' in case we confused them with Christina Aguillara. US, Uk, thay have some variations, but most of these 'critics' publish the same old show, almost word for word, & after 25 years not a hint of inspiration.

Posted by: Valeswood ()
Date: August 21, 2006 11:29

Great show and great sound with the guitars right out front. I don't think I have seen a stronger start to a Stones show with the double header of JJF and Start Me Up. Sway was great (I thought they would play it at one of the Twickenham shows) but Get Off Of My Cloud was the real surprise for me. Probably the best SFTD I have seen with Ronnie on great form again.

I don't think it was a time issue that they cut YCAGWYW. I think they finished just after 10.20 and it didn't stop them letting off the fireworks about 10 minutes after they left the stage.

Date: August 21, 2006 11:38

I made it 10.25 (more or less). YCAGWYW is a long song and they would have gone past the curfew.

The fireworks were so late (I guess) because the pyro techs probably were taken by surprise.

Anyway, it wasn't meeded - even if it would have meant one extra song.

Posted by: Fred Rambler ()
Date: August 21, 2006 12:29

What to say?
I dont remember the details as I was blown away by the music.
One thing for sure: Ronnie on fire.
Midnight rambler, oh my god...

Posted by: sherer ()
Date: August 21, 2006 12:43

yeah what a show and they were on form.. had teir 2 tickets on Ronnie's side near the front.. in typical Stones style I had to pay more to sit further away than the last time I was here but after that performance who could complain

was worried about the sound but seems they had this sorted out this time and it was crystal clear

show started with a rocking JJF and just got better.. Sway was brilliant and it seemed as if Rambler could have gone on all night of they wanted it to

only thing i noticed was there was longer breaks between each song this time so Mick could drink alot of water.. not sure if this was just because of of illness or if this has happened on all the shows this tour

Keith was on form but didn't even bother to play during Slipping Away except for the solo.. he followed that off with a storming rendition of Before they make me run..

Ronnie was on great form and after each solo was raising his hand high in the air as if to show everyone he could still do it..

the fact that i'm looking into goin on Tues now just shows how great a night it is

lets hope we get a mini Euro tour next year

Date: August 21, 2006 13:55

john r Wrote:
> Great to see some happy fans here...But that
> Guardian review is so irritating (as always
> grudgingly favorable), with its sum of the Stones'
> cumlulative ages (would BB or Barbra or Ray
> Charles, all who did many a rote show in recent
> decades, be discussed with such exhausted,
> predictable terms? No, no, & no) and reminders
> that the wrinkly rockers are 'irrelevant' in case
> we confused them with Christina Aguillara. US, Uk,
> thay have some variations, but most of these
> 'critics' publish the same old show, almost word
> for word, & after 25 years not a hint of
> inspiration.

I think you misunderstand the Guardian review. They say that it would be easy to compare their ages almost as a jibe against the fact that other reviews do this. I thought it was a pretty good review. You have to remember that the review is for the public at large and not just hard core fans. I think they were pretty positive.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: August 21, 2006 14:02

Great show and great sound. Mick was in super shape. Keith guitar was...what can I write : rough,very rough. He riffed as hell. It was the first time in 3 shows that he has been able to produce some decent work. Charlie was master tempo. The crowd was in the gig at the time of the B-Stage. Highlights for me :
SFTD ( electrifying version with a wonderful audience), Sway, IORR ( with a powerful Keith) and MR. Thanks to the boys. The week rest was a good thing. London is still rocking.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: August 21, 2006 14:53

phd Wrote:
> Great show and great sound. Mick was in super
> shape. Keith guitar was...what can I write :
> rough,very rough. He riffed as hell. It was the
> first time in 3 shows that he has been able to
> produce some decent work. Charlie was master
> tempo. The crowd was in the gig at the time of the
> B-Stage. Highlights for me :
> SFTD ( electrifying version with a wonderful
> audience), Sway, IORR ( with a powerful Keith)
> and MR. Thanks to the boys. The week rest was a
> good thing. London is still rocking.

Hooops. I should have reread before posting. " He ( Keith) riffed as hell. Ronnie was very present.It was the first time in my 3 shows that he ( Ron ) has been able to produce some decent work. "

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1590
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home