Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

HELP NEEDED FROM FRENCH FANS
Posted by: jigsaw puzzle ()
Date: August 11, 2006 10:11

Dear IORRmembers,

Bill Wyman has issued another book on the Stones. Bill has collected cartoons/drawings about the Stones and now presents them to us in this nice book.
The foreword from by Andrew Oldham is fantastic rock writing.
The book is divided in four chapters (60’s + 70’s + 80’s + 90’s and beyond) and has on each page a cartoon / drawing with complimentary information from Bill about the event / the date.
Because the cartoons/drawings are the leading factor here, we get much new information about the history of the Stones. It gives a good picture about the timeframe in which events took place. Many of the cartoons are hilarious . They give a good laugh. The subjects are clear : hairdo – rubber lips – mick’s and bill’s women – aging - knighthood & fortune. Best one for me is the one where Mick helds up a newspaper headlining his knighthood, as where Charlie Keith & Ronnie say: Oi! Wot abaht the workers?. The expression on their faces is brilliant!
Great story about Charlie giving a Bill a call after he’d left (page 145).
There’s even some research to do for French and Finnish fans => page 78 has a cartoon from 1973 where Bill misses the clue. It’s a cartoon based on “Lucky Luke”=>
Mick, Bill, Charlie and Keith are drawn as the Daltons, Mick Taylor is Rataplan. In the back two images are leaving, (looks like one Canadian mountie and a prisoner). The prisoner says “Il a ose nous vendre a ce sordide trafiquant de Rock….”. Any French/Belgian fan can help us out ?

On page 114 there’s a two page story in finnish about the 82 tour. Anyone up for translation?
This book “The Stones history in cartoons” is another great piece of Stoneshistory. The price is high GBP 16.99 , but compared to general admission to a Stones Stadium show it’s peanuts.
Please check out yourself.
Erwin J. Hoetjes
ISBN 0-7509-4248-7 price GBP 16.99 published by Sutton Publishing
(www.suttonpublishing.co.uk ) 160 pages Hardcover

Re: HELP NEEDED FROM FRENCH FANS
Date: August 11, 2006 10:14

I CAN SEND A PIC FROM THE CARTOON TO YOUR EMAIL ADDY IF YOU CONTACT ME AT erwin@kevl.com

Posted by: Yazid Manou ()
Date: August 11, 2006 10:40

jigsaw puzzle Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
The prisoner says “Il a
> ose nous vendre a ce sordide trafiquant de
> Rock….”. Any French/Belgian fan can help us out ?

It could be translated as : "He even sold us to this awful rock dealer !"

Regards
Y

Date: August 11, 2006 12:05

Thanks Yazid.
It still doesnot make much sense.
Can you send me an email then I can forward the pic to you. erwin@kevl.com
Erwin

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 814
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home