Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Kim MacLagen
Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: August 7, 2006 21:06

The people who update Ian's myspace page sent out this message today. Thought some of you might be interested in reading it.

I apologize, the previous bulletin left off the time of Kims memorial service. It will be at 7 pm on Tuesday, August 8th. Here is the corrected version. -- Lynne

For Kim McLagan from her loving husband, Mac

"She is my shining light and always will be. Her life was a testament to love and healing and everyone who met her felt the glow from this warm, loving and giving being. She means everything to me but I know we'll be together again in a better place. She is a flower and a dream, and finally the Angel she always was...Her family and friends are spread all over the world but the outpouring of love for her is just a reflection of the love she gave. She said, "You get what you give" and as always she's absolutely right.

Kim is an Angel, finally. "

Please come join us Tuesday, the 8th of August at 7 pm to celebrate Kim's life.

Rock Garden at Zilker Park
2100 Barton Springs Road
Austin, Texas

Flowers and candles welcome.

The Rock Garden is located just north of the Zilker Hillside Theatre, veer right as you enter main entrance.

If you are unable to join us in person, please join the wonderful online community available for you to share your thoughts with Mac and his loved ones.

Sign Kim's guest book:

[www.legacy.com]

We have chosen a very important charity in Kim's honor. The Women's Advocacy Project is a statewide, nonprofit, legal organization with a mission to provide free legal advice, expand legal education, and promote access to justice for Texas women and children in need. The Project was established in 1982 to respond to the needs of countless women with questions about their legal rights and now operates six programs focused primarily on domestic violence and family law.

[www.women-law.org]

Checks may be made out to the Women's Advocacy Project and mailed to the following:

c/o RajiWorld
806 A. West 10th Street
Austin, TX 78701

Flowers may be sent to the Cook-Walden Funeral Home, from there they will be delivered to the memorial service at Zilker Park on Tuesday, August 8th. Please make delivery for Monday afternoon or ideally Tuesday before noon.

Ian McLagan
c/o Cook-Walden Funeral Home
6100 North Lamar Boulevard
Austin, TX 78752
512-454-5611

Thank you all for your love and support.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-08-08 20:05 by CindyC.

Re: Kim McLagen
Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: August 7, 2006 22:06

I noticed on Mac's website this morning that he will be playing his regular gig at the Lucky Lounge in Austin on the 10th.

What an emotional show that will be. God bless Mac.

Re: Kim McLagen
Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: August 8, 2006 11:17

Ian says to Cindy, above, "If you ever mention my name in an IORR post, please spell it correctly."

Re: Kim MacLagen
Date: August 8, 2006 20:39

Lukester!!!! Only I'm allowed to post my own picture!

BTW, I didn't type any of the stuff in the post, I only typed the subject line. I started to type it as Mac, but then noticed the text I got off myspace had it as McLagen, I was too lazy to go back and check, so I went with what they had.

Posted by: Lizard ()
Date: August 8, 2006 20:51

Spot the tightest pants.

Date: August 8, 2006 20:55

Lizard - you're just jealous because you were probably still in diapers!

At least I wasn't wearing "mom" jeans.

Date: August 8, 2006 21:31

Diapers?

Erm.. fashion-wise, I'm assuming this is the 80's.

Isn't it?

ISN'T IT?!?!?

Date: August 8, 2006 21:33

Nope, it was the early 90's.

Date: August 8, 2006 21:35

Hehe, ok.

What's the story behind this pic?!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1365
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home