Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

voodoo lounge cdr/stripped enhanced cd
Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: August 5, 2006 20:44

Can anyone help me with a couple of things,first I bought Stripped cd on release but didn't have a pc back then,when I got a pc couple of years ago I found out it is not enhanced as it said on the liner notes ,So is it still available in enhanced form. Secondly I bought the Voodoo lounge cdr last year but how do I get it to work on my pc somebody said it was old technology and left it at that ,so I thought maybe somebody on here would know ,there seems to be quite a few pc savi guys on here and all Stones fans to boot so I hope somebody can help Thanks

Re: voodoo lounge cdr/stripped enhanced cd
Posted by: PiotrRSpl ()
Date: August 5, 2006 23:45

I also tried to open Stripped as a cd-rom - I once saw it at my friend's old computer. Found some advices and paths on internet but they doesn't work really. Maybe my Stripped is only a cd and not a cd-rom? Or every Stripped is a cd-rom as well?

Posted by: john r ()
Date: August 6, 2006 03:58

I am profoundly challenged as a computer user, or dealing with technology in general..After a decade I've never seen/heard the "Stripped" cd extras, & nobody Iknow has been able to access the bonus material. The VL CD Rom (I recall an article from December '95 or so in the NY Times about how this thing proved the Stones were, after 33 years, still on the cutting edge of technology) on the other hand I have "seen" some of VLcdrom - my roommate during this period figured out how to use the cd rom, and it seemed rather silly, with animated rooms etc, Stones voices popping out, clues to get to next room, etc. There was a mildly interesting section devoted to blues greats, and maybe a couple Keith/Ron guitar duets that I really don't remember, and were probably pretty brief. Excerpts from some VL remixes (a la Teddy Riley) seemed to have made it in there as well.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: August 6, 2006 12:04

The VL CD Rom is kindda fun, but it gets boring when you realize that it hasn't got that much in it. Back in 1995 it might have been huge...

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: August 6, 2006 12:26

well thank you kindly i thought it was me i'll just keep listening to the the stripped cd i do like it very much,the cd rom well i suppose it only takes up same amount of room as a regular cd shame though it could have been so much better thanks again for the informed opinion

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: August 6, 2006 17:37

from what I remember of the stripped cd bonus material, there were a couple of videos, like a rolling stone and one other. they can probably be found on youtube.com

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: August 6, 2006 17:40

My Stripped doesn't run either, but I have seen it once. There was some stuff from the VL Cd Rom in there too...

JumpingKentFlash

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1777
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home