Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

so what was the last no.1 worldwide.?
Posted by: blockheadblue ()
Date: August 2, 2006 19:43

who knows?
please?

Re: so what was the last no.1 worldwide.?
Posted by: Lizard ()
Date: August 2, 2006 19:48

Me.

Date: August 2, 2006 19:53

clever DICK,

Never buy a stupid dwarf.
it`s not big and its not clever.

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: August 2, 2006 20:02

[www2.wbs.ne.jp]

even tatoo you was reached only n°9

if you speak about singles, the last one must be start me up

Date: August 2, 2006 20:05

yes singles, worldide

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: August 2, 2006 21:30

SMU was a big hit in some countries as USA, Canada or Australia but in Europe its success was moderate, best position in UK at #7. The same goes for Miss You.
Their last single that reached #1 worldwide was Angie, their last #1 album worldwide was ABB the last year, two weeks at the top.

Posted by: TeleK ()
Date: August 2, 2006 21:41

Mainstream Rock Charts [US]
1989 Almost Hear You Sigh
1991 Highwire

UK & US Single Charts
1969 Honky Tonk Women

Album Charts
1971, Apr-Sticky Fingers (US #1)
1972, Jun-Exile on Main Street (US #1)
1973, Sep-Goat’s Head Soup (US #1)
1974, Oct-It’s Only Rock 'n Roll (US #1)
1976, May-Black and Blue (US #1)
1978, Jun-Some Girls (US #1)
1980, Jul-Emotional Rescue (US #1)
1981, Sep-Tattoo You (US #1)

1980 Emotional Rescue in UK & USA
1994 Voodoo Lounge in UK

1985-single-Dancing In the Street (w/David Bowie) (UK #1

-----------------------------------------------------
Oh, give me the beat, boys, and free my soul
I wanna get lost in your rock and roll and drift away

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: August 2, 2006 22:34

Dear blockheadblue,
don't worry about the Stones and their No 1's.
As already mentioned long players usually go to No1 (or get close to that) and receive platinum. This means a lot of people like the Stones.
I remember reading in the 80s that they got gold in the US for some of those weird Decca samplers and thus broke Elvis' record and had some 36 albums going gold (most of them platinum afterwards) which at the time meant that EVERY lp in the US (and I bet it's the same case in other countries, too) went at gold at least! And that was a message from the 80s. This means a lot of people regularly buy the Stones even if it's unauthorized rubbish by the Stones.
Singles nowaydays, and probably already in the 80s when Start Me Up was very high, are bought by 13-year-old girls who want to marry Paris Hilton's brother (if there is one) and those make up the charts. Count in the downloads or whatever, it doesn't matter, people who know the Stones go out for the real thing and buy the lp (thanks to A Bigger Bang this time they didn't miss the Blues pearl usually hidden as a single-b-side). This means a lot of people buy Stones singles because they can't wait for the lp released - a week later (in former times there was a real time gap! between the releases).
Record Collector claimed that counting was wrong even in the 60s and that 19th Nervous Breakdown was a No1! This means a lot of people even bought stuff by the Stones which unfortunately the band regards as not worth to become a live war horse.
Look at the number of tickets sold (and not only at the box office gross for the tickets): All Stones tours are usually No1 in their season. This means a lot of people spend a wonderful evening with their beloved ones (at least with some beloved mates from England).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1946
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home