Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

How to get from Zurich to Nice?
Posted by: angieluvsmick ()
Date: July 26, 2006 23:53

Hey all,

For anyone planning to go to both Zurich and Nice, how do you plan to get to Nice from Zrich? The train seems to take forever (via Geneva? Marseilles?), and there don't seem to be many direct flights, though I think Swiss International Air flies direct.

Heck, how are the Stones & co. going -- by chartered flights?

Any suggestions would be most appreciated, thanks!
ALM

Re: How to get from Zurich to Nice?
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 27, 2006 00:03

You can fly direct with Easyjet to Nice from Geneva or Basle

[www.easyjet.com]

The Stones have their own plane. No room for riff raff like us!!

Posted by: glimmer twin 81 ()
Date: July 27, 2006 00:07

beamer

Posted by: mariannerl ()
Date: July 27, 2006 00:30

On Sunday 6.8. with Easy Jet CHF 140.00 (EUR 90 or so) incl..service.. taxes.. 19.15 from Basel to Nice. And don't forget your Stones-Ticket includes train ticket to Basel or even to Geneva on Sunday. That's very special, nowhere in Europe thats included in the ticket price. Every place in Switzerland you can choose for your return travel. Same on Saturday arriving in Switzerland. Ticket is included from the boarder, from airport. Even from Airport to the hotel from the hotel to the venue. It can be Airport Geneva, Basel or Zurich or.... or train from the boarder.

So in your case. You can travel from the venue to a hotel in Zurich or else where and after relaxing and sleeping you can travel to Basel. All inclusive.

That's no joke.

Date: July 27, 2006 00:35

One very amusing example.

One from Geneva travels by train to Zurich on 5.8. and will take a train in the night 6.8. after the event (there are some trains departing till 1 a.m.) back to Geneva, would pay CHF 162.00 regular train ticket prize. With the Stones "standing ticket" which is CHF 165.00 .. the Stones concert costs CHF 3.00.. EUR 2.00 for the Stones !!!!! Who can say they have high ticket prizes..

Date: July 27, 2006 00:41

Travel time from Zurich Main Station.

to Basel-Mulhouse Airport: 1.20 to 1.40 h (change to bus in Basel City)

to Geneva Airport: 2.52 h (direct trains)

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: July 27, 2006 01:01

Plane, Train, Automobile, Motorcycle, Helicopter, Hot Air Balloon, Boat, Zeppelin, Hang Glider, Skateboard, Roller Skates, Vespa, Scooter, Bicycle, Walk, Hitch Hike, Hover Board (from "Back To The Future"), GO - Kart, Lawn Mower (that you sit on), Get a car by "Car Jacking", Crawl in a post box - close it up from the inside, and mail yourself to NICE (go for the Par Avion - "Air Mail"), Click your heels 3 times and say "There's no place like Nice", "There's no place like Nice", "There's no place like Nice" (Fade Out), that's how you get there - take your choice.......

Date: July 27, 2006 01:08

Beam me up "MicksBrain"

Date: July 27, 2006 01:10

....Forgot that one......lol

OH, just came to me....Find a Circus in Zurich and shoot yourself out of the Circus Cannon (2 Rules to Remember) # 1 Wear a helmet, it's a long ride # 2 Tell the Circus Guy to point the Cannon towards Nice (if not you might end up in Venice - Italy, not California....)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-07-27 01:17 by MicksBrain.

Date: July 28, 2006 01:10

Thanks for the informative and amusing replies! The train&plane option sounds like the way to go.

So, if you had to pick a city to hang around for a day, would you pick Zurich, Geneva or Basel?

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: July 28, 2006 02:49

I drove it once. You go through some long tunnels through the Alps and then come down into Italy and past Milan. I forget how long it took but we almost missed the plane we were catching because it took longer than we thought.

Date: July 28, 2006 04:32

angieluvsmick Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks for the informative and amusing replies!
> The train&plane option sounds like the way to go.
>
> So, if you had to pick a city to hang around for a
> day, would you pick Zurich, Geneva or Basel?

Ok, I would drop Basel first. Had some friends that used to live there so I spent a lot of time there and it was alright but it's not THAT interesting. Geneva's OK - Lake Geneva's nice.My favorite though is hanging out at Hotel California in Zurich (I would definitely stay there over night if possible) go to [www.hotel-california.biz] to check this place out. It's the funkiest little hotel in a great location. The best thing is the restaurant downstairs that serves all kinds of international/tropical dishes and drinks. The best is the Brazilian Caiparini's(Sp?) that's kinda like rum but not exactly. 3 of those and you'll think you're in Brazil. They make them really good there too.The gang who runs the restaurant also runs the hotel and they're a fun group. Very interesting place - especially in conservative Zurich. I would also suggest getting to Nice earlier. Try the Hotel Marina, a block from the beach.Cool little hotel in a good location with good prices- Stay there everytime I'm in Nice. check out www.tripadvisor.com for info on both hotels, good luck/bon chance...MB

Date: July 28, 2006 08:32

other options are hotels in "Zurich West" (definitively not the conservative part of Zurich LOL). Ibis Zurich West (not Zurich Oerlikon), Etap Zurich West. Near to railway station "Zurich-Hardbrücke" which is connected with Zurich airport, Duebendorf venue and Zurich Main Station. But there is a part of Zurich where Micksbrain could drink tons of "Caipirinhas".. served by brasilian girls.. but that's nothing for tourists....LOL...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-07-28 08:39 by mariannerl.

Date: August 2, 2006 01:56

Great suggestions, folks -- thanks. Do you think it's feasible to go by train from Zurich to Lausanne/Lake Geneva for a daytrip? Sounds like it would be about 2hrs each way....probably too much to fit in between concerts!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1467
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home