Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

I think I'm going mad
Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: July 29, 2006 13:24

This B side (on she was hot) is one I like very much because of the rythmic progression, Mick's voice and the saxo overdub. This is a mid tempo really pleasant.

I think this one comes from Keith and you can listen to a 15 minutes version sung by Keith on UNDERCOVER OUTTAKES (Rogue), very lascive style, with nice guitars.

The problem is the sound quality, very muddy. too bad...

anyone has this particular version (not the one on the static in the attic cd) with a better sound ?

Re: I think I'm going mad
Posted by: rooster ()
Date: July 29, 2006 14:32

This song is outstanding..Ilurv it!!

Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: July 29, 2006 15:44

Truly a hidden gem, really. Could have been a single, in my opinion.

Posted by: otonneau ()
Date: July 29, 2006 15:45

One of the most moving song ever recorded by the boys, in my top 5 without a doubt

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 29, 2006 15:49

...and one which was apparently omitted from 'Rarities' because.....no one could locate the master.... sad smiley

Posted by: James Lynn ()
Date: July 29, 2006 15:53

Awesome Awesome Awesome!!! Sexy at its core MEZ

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: July 29, 2006 16:39

an absolute gem. this is why i love the band so much.

drew

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: July 29, 2006 17:02

And the sax is also great!

Posted by: john r ()
Date: July 29, 2006 20:13

Another missed opportunity as far as the so called "Rarities" is concerned - that cd could have been a 2-disc set, w/ all those Voodoo/Stripped era singles, unedited versions of 'Miss You' "Undercover" (6:22), "Feel On Baby(Dub)" (6:27) - those 2 are not remixes in the latter day sense (i.e. Teddy Riley's 12 identical Love is Strongs with the band wiped), thank god...Coulda been a 2-cd set WITHOUT actually having to dip into anything truly unreleased! Gotta stop getting agitated over that set, but Think I'm Going Mad is a beautiful number, and had it been used on ER in place of Indian Girl, I bet perceptions of that album would be quite a bit more favorable. Haven't heard the 15 minute take, just the 4:20 single and an earlier mix around 6 minutes long included on the old 'Claudine' vinyl LP (w/ other ER outtakes like We Had It All and Let's Go Steady, etc), some fine drumming, Bobby's sax, Bill clearly playing Bill, and a strong Mick vocal, KR/RW in good form...It's been awhile, but I recall one of Nicky's last exquisite piano contributions (correct me if I'm inventing Nicky in my head)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1308
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home