Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Seattle in October??? Bring your umbrella!
Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: July 26, 2006 17:30

I'm really surprised that they have scheduled an outdoor concert in mid-October in Seattle. Qwest field is a good venue for an outdoor concert, but by mid-October the infamous Seattle rains will most likely have long since begun. I know that really it can rain almost anywhere on any outdoor concert no matter what time of year. But, this is a real risk to schedule a Seattle outdoor show in October. It is also cold by then, so it could make for a very uncomfortable day. There is also the possibility that the day could be dry, but I'm not going to spend a small fortune for a ticket and sit in the cold and rain. Why not go back to Key Arena? Some of Qwest Fields's seats are under cover, but it'll still probably be a chilly day. I don't get the logic of this . . . .

Re: Seattle in October??? Bring your umbrella!
Posted by: ablett ()
Date: July 26, 2006 17:32

wear a coat?

Posted by: altamont69 ()
Date: July 26, 2006 17:41

Come up to Vancouver B.C. for the Nov. 3rd show.

It is in B.C. Place Stadium which is a covered dome.
The sound near the back won't be very good but you will be dry!
Try and get some good seats nearer to the front of the stage.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: July 26, 2006 17:43

Have a nice day..

Posted by: goinhome ()
Date: July 26, 2006 18:16

Of course in mid-October the PNW could still be in the "Indian Summer" time of year, making it a crisp, clear fall night.

Nevertheless, pack a good fleece and raincoat for Seattle.

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: July 26, 2006 18:29

at least its a justifaction for them to play the wonderful RFD.

and if it doesn't rain due to indian summer - well then they can play one of my all time faves: Indian Girl!

p.s. i'll be there indeed!

Date: July 26, 2006 18:43

Yeah, I hope it IS an Indian Summer here. Those are some of the most beautiful days here in the PNW, crisp, colorful days.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: July 26, 2006 19:04

At risk of being mischievious ;^)
Seattle weather in mid autumn is not too disimilar to Northern European weather is it ?

Date: July 26, 2006 19:14

Spud, I think you're right, although I am not aware of what mid-autumn is like all over Northern europe. A big difference may be that of the topography and the proximity here in Seattle to the ocean, which makes for a very many gray, drizzly days throughout much of autumn and winter.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: July 26, 2006 19:38

x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-12-07 07:05 by Beelyboy.

Date: July 26, 2006 21:13

Hey Beelyboy, the retractable roof is at Safeco Field, the baseball stadium down the street from Qwest Field, the home of the Seattle Seahawks, where the concert will be. It would be much better to have scheduled it for Safeco Field probably. You can be certain that in October there will be no World Series games at Safeco!!

Posted by: goinhome ()
Date: July 26, 2006 21:29

Safeco would have been great... also would've brought the whole baseball stadium thing with this tour full circle. Qwest field is a lot bigger, though, so hopefully they're expecting to sell many cheaper seats to fill the place this go-round.

At least the show isn't at the Tacoma Dome!

Date: July 26, 2006 21:31

As long as the money pours in, they'd play an outdoor stadium in Beruit. Seattle in October is actually REALLY nice weather! It's mid November to June thatcha gotta worry about!

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Posted by: phd ()
Date: July 26, 2006 21:41

FYI,it may rain heavily next Friday in Paris !!!! 2 Bangs.

Date: July 26, 2006 22:10

Yeah, but it'll be a warm rain!!!

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: July 27, 2006 20:52

I'm sure that Cohl takes weather into consideration when he's booking venues. They most likely tried to book it early because you would think it would be booked before or after Vancouver in early November.
It is a bit strange that they wouldn't have booked Safeco field though. Not sure what the capacity would be for a concert configuration but it could probably hold 50,000.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1560
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home