Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Little Baby
Posted by: James Lynn ()
Date: July 23, 2006 19:33

Whats your thoughts on this tune / version on Stripped? I quite like it. Grew on me over time. Good for that type setting. Did they play it regularly on those club gigs 95 or just some of em? MEZ

Re: Little Baby
Date: July 23, 2006 19:41

I believe that was a live rehearsal.I don't think they have ever done it on stage.

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: July 23, 2006 19:46

Unfortunately they didn't. Although they played plenty of interesting material during those 1995 club shows. To name a view : Shine A Light, Still A Fool,It's All Over Now,Jump On Top Of Me.

I still like the 94/95 tour, I think the last tour where the stones consistenly performed a good show. Later on it more and more became a good or not so good show (hit or miss)imho.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-07-23 21:57 by barbabang.

Posted by: James Lynn ()
Date: July 23, 2006 19:49

Thanks for the info did not realize that. MEZ

Posted by: JuanTCB ()
Date: July 23, 2006 21:54

Elvis did a great version of Willie Dixon/Little Walter's My Babe on Live At The International Hotel (from '69) - My Babe & Little Baby are essentially the same song - definitely worthwhile to check out if you like Little Baby and are into Elvis.

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: July 23, 2006 21:56

Theif in the Night Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I believe that was a live rehearsal.I don't think
> they have ever done it on stage.

Yes they have! In 1962!!!

Posted by: Joss ()
Date: July 24, 2006 00:10

Little Baby is Howlin' Wolf's version of My Babe. The Stones' rendition on Stripped is pretty faithful to Wolf's arrangement, which is also well worth checking out, coz it's a killer.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: July 24, 2006 01:11

Little Baby is my favorite song on Stripped; for some reason that one just got stuck in my head when I first heard it and won't go away. I love it when the Stones do straight up blues these days, probably partially because they don't do it very often now. Maybe in ten years they will tour sitting on stools and performing acoustic blues numbers - I'd love to see that.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: July 24, 2006 01:12

The more blues the better!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 24, 2006 08:20

Can't help but dig Willie Dixons dirty little double entendre'.....

"You go and I'll come with you little baby"

ROCKMAN

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: July 24, 2006 09:31

not a fan

Posted by: sluissie ()
Date: July 24, 2006 09:50

Stripped was a gift from a friend of mine, who said: if you like Flashpoint (my first Stones record) you should listen to this, because it is so much better...
Little Baby is a wonderful and well chosen closure of the 'B'-side, which is so great, with WH, LIB, Dead Flowers, Slipping Away (Hope they'll perform it in Paris!), (Angie), Love In Vain, Sweet Virginia, and finally Little Baby.......................Little baby............. Usually we put on another disc when the former one is finished, but with stripped, there always is a long silence, liitle speech, no other music. What can you choose after these great performances?
(The answer is easy, just turn up the volume a little more and restart the album with Street Fighting Man ;-)

Jelle

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1963
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home