Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Your Worst Stones Experience?
Posted by: Potted Shrimp ()
Date: April 19, 2006 11:36

Standing next to a fat girl in line, waiting for the gaites to open before the show in Landgraaf (1995). Out of nowhere she drops her pants and takes a pee RIGHT in the middle of the row. There was no shame, just urine. I was worried that people might think that she came with me. I had to stand next to her (and her leftovers) for another 4 hours or so. My own personal crying game........

Re: Your Worst Stones Experience?
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 19, 2006 11:42

All down the line....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: RoddyD ()
Date: April 19, 2006 11:44

Dirty Work

Rod
Perth
Australia

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: April 19, 2006 11:51

IORR threads getting hijacked by Americans so they can bicker
about their political preferences...yuck

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: April 19, 2006 11:51

seeing this:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-04-19 12:09 by nikkibong.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 19, 2006 11:53

Potted Shrimp Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Standing next to a fat girl in line, waiting for
> the gaites to open before the show in Landgraaf
> (1995). Out of nowhere she drops her pants and
> takes a pee RIGHT in the middle of the row. There
> was no shame, just urine. I was worried that
> people might think that she came with me. I had to
> stand next to her (and her leftovers) for another
> 4 hours or so. My own personal crying game........

+++ blank friggin' stare ++++

suppose it COULD have been worse, in that the 'leftovers' could have come from somewhere else, if you get my drift....

Date: April 19, 2006 14:08

I think the show would have been canceled then.

Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: April 19, 2006 14:42

Making my way to Stanmore underground to get to Wembley 1990 to see the Stones.
We're all geared up for it, saved some cash, looking forward to it for months.
We buy our travel cards and walk down to the platform. A huge sign hand written stands in front of us. ROLLING STONES CONCERT CANCELLED. Can you imagine the feeling. Apparently Keith fell from a ladder in his library and hurt his little finger. All public telephones in use and when we did get through engaged.

Date: April 19, 2006 14:51

youre getting your cancellation excuses mixed up

The Wembley and Cardiff 1990 shows were postponed because he burst a finger (think it was the index one) on his right hand when a guitar string (or something similar) pierced it at the wembley soundcheck a week earlier. The finger turned septic and although he played the wembley show in question and the Glasgow one a couple of days later, the next 3 were postponed - in a couple of cases while at the soundcheck.

The library fall was in May 1998 just before the start of the European tour, when he cracked a few ribs. The start of the tour was delayed for about 3 weeks as a result.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: April 19, 2006 14:56

I turned up to the Cardiff gig that was cancelled!!! Doh!!

Date: April 19, 2006 14:56

I think the entire UK tour being postponed for a year in June 1998 was my worst.

I had tickets for all 4 shows and a week or so earlier the 2nd Paris show which was due to take place on Mick's birthday was also cancelled. In the space of a few days, I went from having six shows to look forward to that summer to just one. At least i got to see the 4 rearranged shows (plus Shepherds Bush) a year later however.

Dublin 1990 I had tickets for but it was cancelled and then Twickers #1 2003 was postponed just as I was leaving for the airport to go to what I thought was 4 shows in London that week. Didnt get to the rescheduled one as going back for it would have been my 5th trip away from home in the space of a month and I was just broke by that stage and would probably have been divorced by now had I gone!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-04-19 14:58 by Gazza.

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: April 19, 2006 14:57

Seeing the Barcelona concert 1990 on TV and waiting for something to happen. All plastic Vegas Stones and I was so mad. Tried to convince a friend that they really were rock n roll bought he just sighed. Showed him Rock n roll circus and a boot Ladies and Gents and he agreed.

Date: April 19, 2006 14:57

ablett Wrote:
> I turned up to the Cardiff gig that was
> cancelled!!! Doh!!

I think that one was only called off at the last minute too, wasnt it? Hardly an oversight on your part.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: April 19, 2006 15:00

Giving Ticketmaster my credit card number.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: April 19, 2006 15:15

Still having my pre 9th code. :-( Where is the promised club gig?

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: April 19, 2006 15:24

Potted Shrimp Wrote:
Standing next to a fat girl in line, waiting for the gaites to open before the show in Landgraaf (1995). Out of nowhere she drops her pants and takes a pee RIGHT in the middle of the row. There was no shame, just urine.

That is really disgusting, but amusing as well. I applaud her for her "free-ness", but I despise her selfishness. Would it have been ok if she wasn't fat though?

Date: April 19, 2006 15:30

CindyC Wrote:

> Would it have been ok if she wasn't fat though?

That goes without saying

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: April 19, 2006 16:25

Anaheim, 1978.

Posted by: Andrew ()
Date: April 19, 2006 16:32

On this tour I am walking up to the American Airlines Center in Dallas and there is a sign on the door that reads "Merle Haggard has canceled due to illness. Delbert McClinton will be the opening act". I was more excited at the prospect of seeing Merle for the first time than the Stones for the 11th time. I think at least the Houston show is in a couple of days and the Los Lonely Boys are opening. They are young and can not be sick? Wrong. One of the guys is sick and they cancel as well. They were replaced by some lame comedian. No complaints with the Stones for either show.

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: April 19, 2006 16:37

Potted Shrimp Wrote:
> Standing next to a fat girl in line, waiting for
> the gaites to open before the show in Landgraaf
> (1995). Out of nowhere she drops her pants and
> takes a pee RIGHT in the middle of the row. There
> was no shame, just urine. I was worried that
> people might think that she came with me. I had to
> stand next to her (and her leftovers) for another
> 4 hours or so. My own personal crying game........

The same thing happened to me, but at an oasis gig, the first knebworth concert august 1996 i think. Massive field, so the grass was there to 'soak it up'. But this time two girls did it at the same time. They were quite fit, maybe only 17 or 18, but still... I just remember thinking, "Dirty @#$%&' bitches..."

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: April 19, 2006 16:38

Chcago, 1997. The word had already been out for hours that the Stones were going to play a club gig at the Double Door that night. I was far from downtown and knew my chances of getting a ticket were zero. So I went to their hotel in the early evening where I saw many from the road crew in the downstairs lobby waiting to go to the show. Among them was Bobby keyes who had recognized me (after meeting him several times when he would play with Joe Ely in Chicago.) he asked me if I was going to the show and I told him I didn't have a ticket. He asked if I wanted to go with him!!! Of course...so he went to ask one of the road managers who said "no" because their insurance did not cover non-band-related people.

So I went to the Double Door anyway and could not get in. But as I was being turned down, the chief of staff for than Illinois Secretary of State George Ryan walked in with his girlfriend...not his wife. I was pissed. I was even more pissed when I heard old George Ryan was inside...a move to make him look hip. Give me a break. Long story short, I never did get in and they did.

These days I don't mind as the chief of staff is now serving time in the pen and Ryan was just found guilty on a 20-count indictment and will soon be going the pen, too....ah......serves 'em right!

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: April 19, 2006 16:39

Wearing sandals to a Stones gig. My feet were more like beer sponges when I came home.

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: April 19, 2006 16:43

Anyway, now for my worst STONES experience. It would have to be Twickers #1 being cancelled the day before. I was working, and having one of THE worst days ever at the office, you know, really tests you as to why the hell you work there. The only thing getting me through the day was looking forward to the stones the next day, also with the concert day being my birthday. I was sitting at my desk, and my mobile phone rings, and it's my brother. He just says, "Have you heard...?" And straight away i knew it was about the gig. I almost cried, and almost killed all my work colleagues. I really coudlnt believe it. After a while i felt better, because I had tickets for the astoria gig.

The next one, like gazza, would have to be the 1998 UK shows postponement. Had tix for both the wembley shows plus sheffield. Again was completely gutted. Bastards!!

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: April 19, 2006 17:29

When the Stones were playing at Paradiso, there was a phone contest to win tickets. One of the questions was to play Angie over the phone, if it sounded good enough, you would win a ticket. So I kept calling the number, and at one point got hold of the station. The guy told me to get ready, and I would be on the show any minute. I was sitting on my couch, guitar ready, phone in my hand, and shaking knees. They suddenly they guy said "Oh, sorry, we already have someone else", and he hung up.

That sucked. But we went to the outdoor big screen that night anyway to watch the show.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: April 19, 2006 18:18

Actually, puking while Van Halen played in Orlando on the 81 tour. Got to feeling a lot better when "Under My Thumb" started!

Date: April 19, 2006 18:22

Charlottesville

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: April 19, 2006 18:22

Atta boy, Elmo. I had a friend at that show, too. It was hot as hell that day, I heard.

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: April 19, 2006 18:42

But wait, did Elmo puke on SOMEONE or just the ground....puking on someone else is really an art form, the best pukers (black belts) let the person know it's coming before it happens...there's alot to it.....

Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: April 19, 2006 18:43

Gazza, you're right, I stand corrected. But the feeling was still the same. Pure shiite!

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: April 19, 2006 19:00

MicksBrain Wrote:
> But wait, did Elmo puke on SOMEONE or just the
> ground....puking on someone else is really an art
> form, the best pukers (black belts) let the person
> know it's coming before it happens...there's alot
> to it.....

Oh, I'm almost sure he puked on someone. Probably someone that deserved it, if my hunch is right.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1953
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home