Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Europes setlists...
Posted by: Dale42 ()
Date: July 20, 2006 19:40

Jumping Jack Flash
It's Only Rock'n Roll
Live With Me
Tumbling Dice
Oh No Not You Again
Back Of My Hand
Dead Flowers
Midnight Rambler
All Down The Line
Night Time Is The Right Time
--- Introductions
Slipping Away (Keith)
Infamy (Keith)
You Got Me Rocking (front stage)
Wild Horses (front stage)
Get Off Of My Cloud (front stage)
Sympathy For The Devil
Honky Tonk Women
Start Me Up
Brown Sugar
You Can't Always Get What You Want (encore)
Satisfaction (encore)

The above is a pretty good setlist. Now not to add fuel to the fire....and I am happy that the band is still with us.. they could sing Connie Francis and I'd go, just the whole atmosphere and the butterflies are worth the ticket to me. With that said, with all the hipe going to Europe and the press conference and the tix going on sale I think the bands owes more to Europe that the first shows show. You guys had to wait an extra month cause of KEITH, and that cause alot of shows to be cancelled ( I think ) ANYWAY... the shows are gone. Then they say they would make it up in 2007 and that was removed. UK and Europe is where the band is from... its HOME, it where they grew up. The setlist for Europe should be no less than the one I listed or the MSG shows in Jan. Which are being said to be the best of the tour and look how many NON warhorses are in those lists... Come on boys... that warhorse excuse is old.... Evertime the Stones do a show with more Classic songs vs Warhorses they get the most exposure and best reviews from everyone... So dont blow smoke up anyones butt anymore...BLAH BLAH BLAH.. Take a risk.. IF the band is not going to due more shows for Europe and its a hassel getting money returned and all that crap.. then the SHOULD show that it's not about the MONEY like they say and do something very special on each show... SORRY.. its only 21 shows or so... not alot. THIS BAND IN MY HUMBLE OPINION owes you people in Europe much more that a play it safe setlist...... OK OK, go ahead beat me up. This is my first passionate thread.. but I mean it. Stones need to put up and put out for Europe. OR SHUT UP. .....

Re: Europes setlists...
Date: July 20, 2006 19:49

Btw That setlist is from the hollywood bowl

Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: July 20, 2006 19:52

Is the glass half full or half empty?

Posted by: RollingStonesUSA ()
Date: July 20, 2006 19:54

1.Satisfaction
2.Tumbling Dice
3.Rough Justice
4.Rocks Off
5.Oh No, Not You Again
6.Streets Of Love
7.Shattered
8.Midnight Rambler
9.Street Fighting Man(Introductions)
10.Infamy(Keith)
11.Before They Make Me Run(Keith)
12.Miss You(To B-Stage)
13.Under The Radar(B-Stage)
14.It's Only Rock 'N' Roll(B-Stage)
15.Honky Tonk Women(Back To Main Stage)
16.Out Of Control(Or Sympathy For The Devil, 2000 Light Years From Home)
17.Start Me Up
18.Paint It, Black
19.Brown Sugar
"ENCORE"
20.You Can't Always Get What You Want
21.Jumpin' Jack Flash

"It's Good To Be Here, It's Good To Be Anywhere"-Keith Richards

"Halloween Is Every Night Of My Life"-Keith Richards

"I Got The Sticky Fingers, For Some Girls"

Date: July 20, 2006 19:58

Half empty if the best they can do after all the comotion they caused is what they are putting out.

Half Full if they add a Sway or Monkey man or Worried about you or 21-22 songs

I am not saying at all the the Shows are Bad.. I am sure they are GREAT.. but they could do something really special.. they owe that... and if they feel they dont after all that has gone down.. then I find that very sad.

I am a businessman... I own retail shops....if I have to close due to something that I did and my customers were expecting me to be open and I want my regular ( my bread and butter ) to keep coming back well then I have to offer something to them.. its just good business......

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: July 20, 2006 20:06

Well,if the band decide to play SOL...its a risk..indeed..it might could not work at all only in Italy (where it was a hit)...they keep on playing it and it works.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: July 20, 2006 20:23

rooster Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well,if the band decide to play SOL...its a
> risk..indeed..it might could not work at all only
> in Italy (where it was a hit)...they keep on
> playing it and it works.

works as an early bathroom break - that what you mean?

Posted by: Steven ()
Date: July 20, 2006 20:27

I am a businessman... I own retail shops....if I have to close due to something that I did and my customers were expecting me to be open and I want my regular ( my bread and butter ) to keep coming back well then I have to offer something to them.. its just good business......

The point is they don't care if you come back because it is essentially over after this.

Date: July 20, 2006 20:39

Well.. I hope they do care or they should call the tour GOING OUT LIKE A LITTLE GIRL TOUR!!!!

I really hate myself for feeling this way.. I LOVE THIS BAND.. But I think they are extremley RUDE... I know they are rich and all that.. but shit come on... give me something to chew on....... WOW me with something new or make old new again... make me say OMG I cant believe they are playing this.....

I guess I am stupid.. I dont know...and hell, who am I. If your Happy with it... then I am happy for you......

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: July 20, 2006 20:47

I've just about given up on complaining about setlists, altho I may feel differently tomorrow. I'm just not going to go see them again until and unless they make significant changes to the setlist. Which most likely means I have seen my last Stones concert. Oh well, at least I can still enjoy the many fine recordings!

Posted by: J-J-Flash ()
Date: July 20, 2006 20:49

Here here ohno, as a lifelong Stones fan I have said the same thing. As did many of the guys who grew up loving the Stones with me. Very sad.

Date: July 20, 2006 21:07

Recordings..... If they do decide to come back to the States this year... and all I can hear is Miss you, HTW ( which they ruin on the moving stage ),sftd, RGMR, TD, BS ( which keith has been butchering this whole tour ), SMU.. and if this is their last tour then the should NOT be playing to the NEW FANS... it should be a Fantastic good bye.. hey thanks for all the $$$$$$ over 40 years, "Tonight is for all those people who stuck with us for so long".........thats a last tour.... who gives a crap about the new fans at that time.. there is enough in the list for them.. and here is a brain thought... what if they played STRAY CAT BLUES, DANCE, 100 years ago....etc.. Just maybe some of those new fans will buy those CD's and expand their collection like we did.... HOT ROCKS IS NOT THE BEST STONES RECORD nor does it sum up their career...but hey.....who am I?

Well, I guess... if it has to been this way.... ONNYA I got the beer and whiskey...and you bring the DVD's and we can alternate..... you bring the beer and whiskey and I have the DVD's. YOUR ALL WELCOME TO JOIN US!!!

Date: July 20, 2006 21:12

Frankly - aside from the wonderful Licks theater shows I was lucky enough to go to, it's been a long while since the draw for a Stones show has been purely (or even mostly) about the music. It's about atmosphere, the pre- & post-show parties, hanging with friends - basically, the show has been the excuse for the other aspects. I'll continue to go for those reasons...but I certainly understand the reasoning for not going anymore.

Date: July 20, 2006 21:18

Here's one point. We are aspirating men who are steadily reaching bus pass age. It takes balls to reach into the vast catalogue and variate their choice. Knowing how well we all know the songs. In a dream world I would have only pre 1970 played. They have only one flaw. Their years. Although competant and reverred it must scary to bring out favoured oldies, or not so old to replace what they can play backwards in their sleep. The Jews have a wonderful expression.ENJOY!

We all know the game is almost up. And as sad and tearful I shall be when they step down, why not enjoy what there is. While it's still here. LONG LIVE THE ROLLING STONES.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: July 20, 2006 21:19

StonesTod Wrote:
> It's been a
> long while since the draw for a Stones show has
> been purely (or even mostly) about the music. It's
> about atmosphere, the pre- & post-show parties,
> hanging with friends - basically, the show has
> been the excuse for the other aspects.

That's what the Stones are counting on - enabler! smiling smiley

Date: July 20, 2006 21:21

It ain't about the Stones - it's about StonesTod

Date: July 20, 2006 21:31

Jagger50 I understand what your saying..... but in business if you dont have those kind of balls to reach back and do the right thing...Which.. cant be that hard.. if they can relearn CYHMK then heart of stone or Lady Jane should be a sinch..... but if they can't then this is a SCAM.....because being a Professional is all about taking the risk for your fans/customers.......RISK is what is supposed to warrant your HIGH tix prices.... hell, Barbara Streisand is asking out rageous prices for her tour.... but she will do songs that haven't been heard for 30 years and then some and change it up everynight....and RISK... OMG... to go out infront of people with the potential of that voice being off.... thats call guts and Professionalism... I am not fan of hers but... give due where due deserves.

Maybe thats the answer... maybe the have toured to much latley and we lost our appreciation for the setlist.

Date: July 20, 2006 21:52

Maybe maybe not. As an observer, collector and admirer of the Stones for over 30 years I believe that in the last 45 years we have experienced the most phenomenal musical journey of all time. If that sounds a bit heavy take a look back. When they played white man rb in the begining people didn't even know to dance to it. These juggernaut world tours were instigated by them. Four Flicks dvd leads the way that all other music dvds shall be made. They changed everything. And for their fortitude and bringing it on I thank them.

Date: July 20, 2006 21:53

Well said.......

Posted by: midrambler ()
Date: July 20, 2006 22:26

I wish stay in Europe to see them, but I am not able. So the only thing I want is: See them again!!! and it doesn't matter the songs they play.

P.S: I live in Venezuela, so you can imagine the imposibilty for me to see them in concert (I attended only once to a Stones Concert -Licks Tour-)

See ya

Posted by: TeleK ()
Date: July 21, 2006 05:07

i am totally satisfied with their setlists in europe. munich concert was @#$%& great

-----------------------------------------------------
Oh, give me the beat, boys, and free my soul
I wanna get lost in your rock and roll and drift away

Posted by: JJFlash88 ()
Date: July 21, 2006 06:44

The following is my PERFECT setlist for "A Bigger Bang" Tour stadium (or anything w/ a B-Stage) show. I know I am only dreaming here but take a look....
1 Start Me Up
2 Let's Spend The Night Together or You Got Me Rocking
3 Rough Justice
4 19th Nervous Breakdown
5 Streets Of Love
6 Harlem Shuffle
7 Midnight Rambler
8 Gimme Shelter
Introductions - - - -
9 Slipping Away [KR]
10 Before They Make Me Run [KR]
11 Look What The Cat Dragged In (To B-Stage)
12 Oh No Not You Again (B-Stage)
13 As Tears Go By (B-Stage)
14 Honky Tonk Women (To Main Stage)
15 Sympathy For The Devil
16 Paint It Black
17 Brown Sugar
18 Satisfaction
19 You Can't Always Get What You Want (Encore)
20 Jumpin' Jack Flash (Encore)

Posted by: fougace ()
Date: July 21, 2006 12:41

All Dale 42 wrote is correct!
Stop blaming the set list and just enjoy the show and don't be egoist!don't forget to share the set list and the show with people who are going to only ONE SHOW! and just think what they want to listen from the Stones!!! I am sure if they gonna play gunface, you got the silver, the lantern, you can't catch me, hitch hike, 2120 south michigan avenue, I'm a king bee,... instead playing jjf, satisfaction, brown sugar, angie, tumling dice,... all those guys were gonna be so disapointed they'll critizise so much the Stones they'll never come back to any show...
The real Stones fan enjoy all the show and if you are a huge fan I am sure you had the privilege to go in a arena ot theater show in 2002-2003 and had enjoyed the set list who was much different that in Stadium!
LOVE THE STONES FOREVER

Posted by: keefed ()
Date: July 21, 2006 13:52

I can't see the reason why this bitching about the setlists.

Vienna was my 50+th show and the Stones delivered 4 new songs for me (RFD, SOL, TPIE) and ATGB.
If you attend 1 or 2 shows per tour don't expect big differencies. You have to pay your dues to get a bunch of different songs.
I try to go to tour openings in the USA as well as the European first dates, and of course the last show on the tour too, I attended club shows, arenas, stadiums in the different parts of the world and I managed to see over 100 songs altogether.
Anyway I have no problem with the current setlist, and I have no problem watching JJ Flash or Sympathy or even Miss You for the 50th times. And for instnace Miss You in Vienna was a real good version.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: July 21, 2006 19:57

Not anyone has the time nor the money to attend 50 shows, Keefed.
If you live in some sleepy state or country you might
wanna hear some odd number as well?

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: July 21, 2006 22:48

Dale42 Wrote:

> and that was removed. UK and Europe is where the
> band is from... its HOME, it where they grew up.

Europe is'nt home! ENGLAND is!!

Posted by: Keith The Beast ()
Date: July 21, 2006 22:59

01. Jumping Jack Flash
02. It’s Only Rock N’ Roll
03. She’s So Cold
04. Oh No, Not You Again
05. Tumbling Dice
06. Streets Of Love
07. As Tears Goes By
08. 19th Nervous Breakdown
09. Midnight Rambler
10. Night Time Is The Right Time
---- INTRODUCTIONS ----
11. Infamy (KR)
12. This Place Is Empty (KR)
13. Out Of Control (To B-Stage)
14. Rough Justice (B-Stage)
15. Get Off Of My Cloud (B-Stage)
16. Honky Tonk Woman (Back to A-Stage)
17. Sympathy For The Devil
18. Start Me Up
19. Brown Sugar
20. You Can’t Always Get What You Want (encore)
21. Satisfaction (encore)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1470
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home