Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

abb is their last tour?
Posted by: glimmer twin 81 ()
Date: July 21, 2006 13:45

thru the past month i have read here a few times
that this will be the last tour
because charlie said he wouldnt go on tour anymore
and so on

fact is that charlie watts never said that and
no one within the stones called it their last tour

so be sure in 2 years a new stones tour will roll over the
world

Re: abb is their last tour?
Posted by: stonesfrk ()
Date: July 21, 2006 14:56

Hey glimmer twin 81, Ă–bviously you have nt been traveling around seeing this tour. Charlie said in Minniapolis in 05 that emphaticaly this was the last world tour they were doing. Then in Australia he said that he himself was not touring past December of 06. Those were his direct words on the news that i saw and minniapolis was on the today show.

Posted by: James Lynn ()
Date: July 21, 2006 16:19

I never believed this would be thier last tour at all. But Charlie is the wildcard. Would or could they tour as Stones without Charlie? Perhaps they could persuade him as they always seem to do. Many argue its Keiths health that may limit future .That may be true if his health worsened but I always thought Charlie was the one to worry about more. The Stones cannot go on /tour without Keith but could they without Charlie??? MEZ

Posted by: TeleK ()
Date: July 21, 2006 16:28

without charlie? you are kidding.
no chance of touring without him

-----------------------------------------------------
Oh, give me the beat, boys, and free my soul
I wanna get lost in your rock and roll and drift away

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: July 21, 2006 16:40

Doesn't Charlie say its his last tour on nearly every jaunt out?

Posted by: LolA ()
Date: July 21, 2006 16:59

stonesfrk Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Then in Australia
> he said that he himself was not touring past
> December of 06. Those were his direct words on the
> news that i saw and minniapolis was on the today
> show.

You mean he was on TV and explicitely said he wouldn't tour after December 2006?

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: July 21, 2006 18:24

The questions is not really whether or not the show would go on without Charlie, but what woud they bill themselves as. Because of Charlie's illness, the band faced this possibility shortly before the beginning of this tour. I think both Mick and Keith made it pretty clear that it woud be tough but they woud carry on without him. On multiple occaions, they have made it clear that they love RON, but will not stop if he drinks until incapacitated.

Would they have the BALLS to call themselves the Rolling Stones without Charlie? Probably. Would hard core fans accept that? They would grumble and bitch for a while then probably buy the tickets. The other 90% at the stadiums, as much as we regulars hate to think this way, probably woud not know the difference. My guess is as long as Mick and Keith can and will play together, there will be some form of band calling itself the Rolling Stones out on the road until they cannot any longer.

Posted by: bruno ()
Date: July 21, 2006 18:48

kahoosier Wrote:
> My guess is as long as Mick
> and Keith can and will play together, there will
> be some form of band calling itself the Rolling
> Stones out on the road until they cannot any
> longer.

I hope you're wrong, kahoosier. The Rolling Stones touring without Charlie and without Ronnie would be the nadir of their legacy and credibility, if there's any still... And in my opinion, touring without Ronnie, despite his "bad shape/performance abilities/whatever", would be a nasty gesture too. I think that at this point of their career, if any of them four decides to leave/quit, The Rolling Stones should quit as a functioning band and take car of their legacy, before they fall in the wagon of an oldies act. My 2c

(For God's sake, even Page and Plant had the decency of not touring as Led Zep! some years ago. You can argue about their musical output when they did that, but they didn't start a Led Zep tour)

[There'll be no wedding today...]

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: July 21, 2006 19:06

As I've understood the various quotes from Charlie, he hasn't said he won't tour anymore.
He's said that he doesn't want to do any more long world tours.
Stones tours typically last a year and a half ! ... and in recent years they've toured a lot. I'll bet they've spent half of the last ten years either on the road or preparing for it !
Most bands do an album every year ot two and tour for a couple of months.
They'll probably just scale it down. Maybe we won't see any more world tours on the current scale...but I don't think we've seen the back of the Stones as a live band just yet.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: July 21, 2006 19:14

WHo would mourn if they got off those madness world tours anyway?

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: July 21, 2006 19:25

No its not their last tour. Yes, they would tour without Charlie if the money is right and not have to split it 4 ways. Jeezus, who do you think we are talking about here?

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: July 21, 2006 19:31

ablett Wrote:
> Doesn't Charlie say its his last tour on nearly
> every jaunt out?

yes, but one of these times it HAS to be true!!

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: July 21, 2006 19:37

Charlie is irreplaceable. Even Jagger's got a heart deep deep down inside.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-07-21 19:37 by Baboon Bro.

Posted by: glimmer twin 81 ()
Date: July 21, 2006 23:33

again charlie watts never said that this is his last tour
this are rumours by some press idiots
he never said those words in front of a camera
and even if he doesnt want to tour again
i think he would change his mind if cohl offers him
again a huge check

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: July 21, 2006 23:42

After Charlie's scare with the dreaded C word it would be surprising if he hadn't sat down and thought about what he was doing... and maybe that he ought to find a bit more time for himself and his family.
It will certainly have occurred to him that life might not be as long as we think it is.
My guess is that he just wants the Stones to take up a bit less of his life ...and who can blame him for that ?

Posted by: tkl7 ()
Date: July 22, 2006 00:06

They would not tour as the Rolling Stones without Charlie. They would tour without Ronnie.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1533
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home