Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Tickets of Twickenham
Posted by: kaskatanas ()
Date: July 4, 2006 19:02

Just received next email :

Dear Customer,

This is a courtesy email to notify you that your tickets for Rolling Stones on 20 August 06 at Twickenham will be held for collection at the box office. The gates open at 16.00 hours. Please take your booking reference number and credit card used to make the booking in order to collect the tickets.

I hope you enjoy the event.

Kind Regards

@#$%&...... somebody more received this email??

Re: Tickets of Twickenham
Date: July 4, 2006 19:11

No, i received emails for every other UK shows, but nothing for Twick. Bloody bastards! It seems that my tourism plans in London are off.

Posted by: abb05 ()
Date: July 4, 2006 19:14

I just got one

Posted by: madmaxx ()
Date: July 4, 2006 19:19

This is really silly

1st they make it all seated so they make more money and people make plans to do things as no rush to get in line for the gates opening.

Then they decide to tie you up for half the day collecting the darn things.

Why can they not let people pick them up from their offices in London from 8am ?.
Atleast they would be able to get on with whatever for a few hours before heading for the Stadium.

Date: July 4, 2006 19:24

Better still unless the buyer wants the actual ticket why not email them one and they can print it off.

Same as you can do for flights trains etc.

If it had your actual name on it and you had to produce photographic ID to gain entry.

Wont help anyone who got them as a gift though.

Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: July 4, 2006 19:49

I was told long ago I should collect my tickets at BO. Why do I feel pessimism overflowing? Get ready for the queue of your life, not forgetting the arguments and, "hold on a minute please, our computer is down." I bet when I get my ticket I'll just about catch the encore. So let's see, shall we. The World Cup was a fiasco for real fans getting tickets. Maybe TM ran that as well. I thought estate agents were hated. Move outa the ways guys. Here come TM!

Re: Twickenham
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 4, 2006 20:08

>> The gates open at 16.00 hours. <<

the gates open at 16:00?? so what time do the will-call windows open??
*please* please write back and ask what time the will-call windows will open,
how many will-call windows there will be for customers from outside the UK who are now stuck in this crummy situation,
and exactly where these will-call windows will be located.
if everybody who's getting these emails makes enough of a point of it,
maybe TicketMaster will wake up and realize that they need to get this organized properly.
the correspondence i'm having with some sort of TM supervisor type about the message about another venue is freakin unbelievable -
i'm being advised to get to there "as early as possible" - and at the same time they can't tell me what time the will-call windows will open.
and the decision about how many will-call windows there will be "will be made on the day based on demand" -
like they don't know how many international customers they're sending these emails to??
grr grr GRR (am i scary?)

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Posted by: jomo297 ()
Date: July 4, 2006 23:15

I haven't received my email yet. Now I'm concerned.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: July 4, 2006 23:32

jomo297 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I haven't received my email yet. Now I'm
> concerned.

Not me either. But my credit account was raped very quickly. I'm very concerned of this whole mess.

- Doxa

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: July 4, 2006 23:36

I got an e-mail...I used seetickets, not ticketmaster.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: July 5, 2006 01:11

No mail here yet....

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: phd ()
Date: July 5, 2006 10:06

Don't received it yet.

Date: July 5, 2006 15:00

Just received a new one for the tickets of day 22 (the first one was for day 20!!)........

Posted by: Erhard ()
Date: July 5, 2006 20:09

One question.

The customer must show his credit card at the box office. But what is, when a friend bought the tickets with his credit card and the concert visitor is not the buyer. I think there is a problem.

Street fighting man

Date: July 5, 2006 20:18

I have left the country I bought the tickets in. I asked TM to send them to another address. NO they said, we can't do that. I said yes you can, you are holding my legal property. It went on and on. Until TM said can you collect from box office. I'd get some where quicker talking to an aspirin.

Posted by: Erhard ()
Date: July 5, 2006 21:11

I have sent a mail to Ticketmaster and hope to get a answer.

Ticketmaster UK is not normal.

Street fighting man

Posted by: jomo297 ()
Date: July 5, 2006 21:18

I still haven't heard anything.

Date: July 5, 2006 21:23

Erhard

You think TM UK is not normal Lol (of course you are right)

You want to try our banking system....

Then you will really see NOT NORMAL in action.

You can ask 3 bank officials the same question and each one will give you completely different information!!!.

They all work for the same Bank by the way.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: July 5, 2006 21:29

Do we get the 5£ postal charge back? It's not that big a deal but in Belgium I once got it back when they weren't able to send it to me on time.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: July 5, 2006 21:34

Harm: Yes, they do credit the postage.......S

Date: July 6, 2006 14:11

This is good...... some weeks ago I send a mail to ticketmaster asking about my refund of some tickets and about WHEN they goes to send the tickets than I keep...... Today I received the answer.....

Response (Vicky Hargreaves) -
06/07/2006 10:39 AM
Dear Mr Herrero, I have located your bookings and have issued a refund for the booking you requested. 28-XXXXXXXX the amount £276.00 back onto your visa card. Also your other bookings were dispatched recently so it is quite certain you will recive your tickets in July. Kind Regards.

So, I guess they will send me the tickets and then I´ll got then in the post offices same day of the show.... don´t is??? This is really crazy....

Date: July 7, 2006 01:04

Harm Wrote:
> Do we get the 5£ postal charge back? It's not that
> big a deal but in Belgium I once got it back when
> they weren't able to send it to me on time.

Well, i purchased 17 tickets for the UK tour (friends and family) and because i ordered them one bye one, considering it's the best solution to get better seats, yes it's a big deal for me. 17 x 5 = 85 £ for postage only. If now i have to queue for hours instead of tourism and pubs, yes i want my money back!

Posted by: phd ()
Date: July 7, 2006 09:43

Still don't receive anything .

Date: July 7, 2006 10:33

... isn't the 4.95 GBP postage charge per order rather than per ticket?
the "service charge" is per ticket, but i think the 4.95 postage is per order -
and it says it "includes order processing fee" so i reckon not all of it will be refunded.
what the hell the "service charge" is for is ... is ... LoFL - never mind! :E

- Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-07-07 11:51 by with sssoul.

Date: July 7, 2006 11:39

Yes the £4.95 p&p is per order.

Service charge is the Ticket Master processing fee which is non refundable.

Date: July 7, 2006 12:50

Can anyone confirm if everyone must collect from bo, or is it for certain cases only? You just wouldn't believe that we are their customers. Treated so badly and totally unprofessionaly.

Date: July 7, 2006 12:54

>> Can anyone confirm if everyone must collect from bo, or is it for certain cases only? <<

what they're saying is that everyone with a delivery address outside the UK (and Ireland? i'm not sure)
has to collect them at the will-call windows. it's like they're cruising for a class-action lawsuit on charges of discrimination.

- Keith

Date: July 7, 2006 13:03

Thanks. I asked TM to change the mailing address, within UK. They said they can't. I must collect them at bo. But I can't make either show. So my money is gone and probably empty seats in the stadium where I'm sure someone else would love to be.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: July 7, 2006 13:21

with sssoul Wrote:
>
> what they're saying is that everyone with a delivery address outside the UK
> (and Ireland? i'm not sure) has to collect them at the will-call windows.
> it's like they're cruising for a class-action lawsuit on charges of
> discrimination.

To be honest, what they OUGHT to be facing is a class action lawsuit on charges of the most unbelievable and unforgivable incompetence. I got an e-mail response from them on Thursday 6th July concerning correspondence I had with them going back to 21st/22nd June. If you read my original message to them, you will note that I asked them to phone me (I did this over 3 consecutive days). No-one from Ticketmaster ever did. And it has taken them over TWO WEEKS to get back to me by e-mail. And this is not exactly a trivial issue we're dealing with here.

This is it, below:

=======================================================================

Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support
center. Below is a summary of your request and our response.

We are continuing to work on your issue. If you have more
information, please update your question here
[ticketmaster.custhelp.com]

Subject
---------------------------------------------------------------
I spoke to customer services earlier today (Wednesday 21st June) to draw your...

Discussion Thread
---------------------------------------------------------------
Response (Emlyn) - 06/07/2006 06:35 PM
Dear Paul ,

Thank you for your email.

Given the nature of your request it has been forwarded to our Correspondence Department for further investigation. However, this sometimes requires assistance from third parties, such as promoters and venues and may take a little longer to look into.

We are grateful for your co-operation, as every effort is made to reach a satisfactory outcome for you. We will contact you with a response as soon as possible.

Customer (Paul Strachowski) - 22/06/2006 10:01 PM
Hello,

I was told by whomsoever I spoke to that somebody from Ticketmaster would
call me the same day to discuss the point I had raised. I received no such
call.

Please do call me tomorrow Friday 23rd June

Thank you

Paul

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ticketmaster Customer Support" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Wednesday, June 21, 2006 11:31 PM
draw your... [Incident:060621-000836]

Customer (Paul Strachowski) - 21/06/2006 11:31 PM
I spoke to customer services earlier today (Wednesday 21st June) to draw your attention to what I suspect is a major oversight on Ticketmaster's behalf regarding ticket delivery options for OVERSEAS purchasers - specifically for the two Rolling Stones Twickenham shows on 20th and 22nd August respectively. There is an option for OVERSEAS purchasers to select ticket delivery (for a £4.95 charge) for the other three Rolling Stones concerts; namely Glasgow 25th August, Sheffield 27th, and Cardiff 29th. But this option is NOT available for either of the two Twickenham shows.

PLEASE BE AWARE this is causing a lot of overseas customers a lot of grief and upset, not to mention confusion. It is strongly suggested you make this option available at the point of purchase for Twickenham tickets, as by not doing so you are additionally excluding considerable numbers of would-be ticket purchasers.

I should greatly appreciate a phone call from you to discuss this. I personally am not implicated in this scenario, as I am a UK resident and bought all my tickets through the AMEX presale. But I am taking the opportunity of representing considerable numbers of overseas would-be ticket purchasers who have to date beern unable to buy tickets for the two Twickenham Stones shows due to the ommission of this "delivery option" specifically for overseas buyers.

Thank you

=======================================================================

Really and truly, what Ticketmaster deserve here is to have a heavyweight journalist from perhaps an entertainments or music publication, or from the ents/music section of national newspaper, start taking them to task over this continuing fiasco and demanding serious answers to serious questions. Or alternatively, to be contacted by a television journalist from a "consumer affairs" type of programme doing the same. Either way, as a company and as the principal retailer of tickets for all manner of events within the UK, they do not deserve to be let off the hook. Their "customer support" service is appalling, unless you are of the opinion that their written response to me after more than TWO weeks, such as you have read in this post, constitutes "acceptable" service. If you do, then I for one think you need your head examined.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-07-07 13:23 by paulywaul.

Date: July 7, 2006 15:05

>> But I can't make either show. So my money is gone <<

some venues accept letters of authorization from the purchaser that let someone else pick the tickets up at will-call.
if you look in the TM UK "help" section you'll find it ...

- Keith

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1477
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home