Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT To CindyC - Riot City Blues
Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: June 29, 2006 07:00

Hey Cindy, I know you're a primal kinda girl. I am in ther US of A and that album has been NOT wanting to be released. Been driving me crazy and I have been bugging the local record stores. Anyway I got it and Man was it worth the wait. if you don't have it yet, go out and buy that motherf..

"...no longer shall you trudge 'cross my peaceful mind."

Re: OT To CindyC - Riot City Blues
Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: June 29, 2006 22:48

ChelseaDrugstore Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
Hey Cindy, I know you're a primal kinda girl. I am in ther US of A and that album has been NOT wanting to be released. Been driving me crazy and I have been bugging the local record stores. Anyway I got it and Man was it worth the wait. if you don't have it yet, go out and buy that motherf..

Hi Chelsea,

Thanks for thinking of me. I plan on getting that soon. I haven't heard it yet, but my friend Philip got a copy a few weeks ago and said it really rocks. I'm looking forward to checking it out. Do they still have that great female vocalist on there? I think her name is Denise? She's great.

I hope they do a tour for it, I've never seen them live. A few months back someone on here said they sucked live, but I'd like to judge for myself. Have you heard of a tour?

Whatcha doing in the states?

Posted by: JuanTCB ()
Date: June 29, 2006 23:40

I saw them in 2000 on the XTRMINATOR tour, I think - it was the album with Swastika Eyes - that tour. They were decent but I probably didn't get the most I could have out of the show because I wasn't that familiar with their catalogue yet.

Mani from the Roses was a blast to watch, though, and Bobby is a really good frontman. Gonna check 'em out again when they tour, for sure.

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: June 30, 2006 04:10

I think they're good live. What amazes me about them is that they are able to pull all that dub/tracked kind of stuff off live. Without using prerecorded tracks. Mani is always great. Bobby is by far the focal point. he has gottne a LOT more interesting. When I last saw them they had the 3rd guitarrist. I can never rememebr his name. The guy from My Bloody Valenmtine. he is incredible. But now they are back to just Innes and Young again. Which is totally cool IMO. they both play tons of other instruments now. there is a lot of madolin and abnjo on the lbum. "Country Girl" is such a cool hit single. Bobby knows always how to spin the lines. The real typical rock'n roll key-syaings. "What can a poor boy do...?" Denise is not with them. She was only around for the "other" rock'n roll album "Give out but..." This one is very much like that one.
Both are some of the "stonesiest" music recorded this side of the real thing.

"...no longer shall you trudge 'cross my peaceful mind."

Posted by: JuanTCB ()
Date: June 30, 2006 08:01

Right, Chelsea - Kevin Shields from My Bloody Valentine.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1662
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home