Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Forth Worth Express 1972 -- Need Info
Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: June 24, 2006 01:33

I'm going thru my boot collection, and stumbled across this. I think I got it from Stonesfan's site, but forgot I had it. It seems to be soundboard, and has decent stereo separation, but there are numerous annoying sound dropouts.

Is this the same as the so-called "Lost Decca Live Album"? The stereo separation is weird, as Keith is on the left channel and MT is on the right.

A nearly complete show is on the CD (no Honky Tonk Women), but is it all the same show?

It isn't nearly as clear as the legendary "Welcome to New York", but it isn't bad at all.

Has this been posted in the "Hot Stuff" buy/trade/share area?

The track list is as follows:

1. Brown Sugar
2. Bitch
3. Rocks Off
4. Gimme Shelter
5. Don't Lie to Me (!!)
6. Love In Vain
7. Sweet Virginia
8. You Can't Always Get What You Want
9. Tumbling Dice
10. Band Introductions
11. Happy
12. All Down the Line
13. Midnight Rambler
14. Bye Bye Johnny
15. Rip This Joint
16. Jumping Jack Flash
17. Street Fighting Man

PS Upon further investigation, this is probably the complete Ft. Worth show from June 24, 1972. Honky Tonk Women was NOT played.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-06-24 01:41 by bassplayer617.

Re: Forth Worth Express 1972 -- Need Info
Date: June 24, 2006 03:48

Yes.I'm pretty sure that it's complete but,there were two shows that day.I think that one is the second show.The first show has Sweet Black Angel and Dead Flowers.
The Unreleased Decca Live Album,on the other hand,has tracks from Fort Worth and also tracks from Boston and Philadelphia.

Re: Forth Worth Express 1972 -- Need Info
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: June 24, 2006 06:49

It can't be complete, because 2 songs from 2nd Fort Worth are not available in SB quality. Happy and ADTL I think.
The box Stones Touring Party from Rattlesnake contains all SB recordings from 72 (apart from Pittsburgh and the upgraded L&G-soundtrack), so if you get that one, you don't have to keep on searching for other 72-SB-CDs.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1490
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home