Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

slide guitar tabs
Posted by: monkey_man ()
Date: June 20, 2006 09:20

i got a bottleneck, a guitar but i can hardly find any tabs on the net. only "no expectations" and "this place is empty".where is "all down the line", "happy", "you got me rocking" and "monkey man"? i love the guys that tab keefs guitar work but ronny/taylor is important,too.i can't do it on my own....due to the lack of musical ability
BERLIN 2006 FOS
p.s. how many fos tickets have been sold so far?

Re: slide guitar tabs
Date: June 20, 2006 12:59

nobody?

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: June 20, 2006 15:19

Tabbing slide is more complicated than regular TAB, so maybe that's why there's not much available. There is a great book with TABs from Exile, and it does have slide parts.

Posted by: keefed ()
Date: June 20, 2006 16:01

Try to find out on your own! Listen to the tracks with headphones, watch live recordings. TABS are useful to check the uncertain points and of course when you feel you are completely lost direction TABS are OK to find out what other people think how the lines and notes are...
But doing it on your own is the best way to improve your musical abilities.

Date: June 20, 2006 20:05

It's not that difficult to work out slide, basically you need to open tune to the key of the song, and use the same old 12-bar trick for most songs, such as Little Red Rooster and I Can't Be Satisfied.

Date: June 20, 2006 20:16

ok.ok........."basically you need to open tune to the key of the song" so i need an open e tuning if the song in E? at the moment, i'm using an open g tuning, because i learned keefs parts. alread realised that it's easy to slide on this.i already managed to find some tabs on my own they are almost exact...if checkt them. sure i'm checking live recordings but i don't know the tuning used by ronnie.
is the exile book still available?
thank you for your help so far!

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: June 20, 2006 20:46

I bought the exile book a few weeks ago an amazon, so yes, it is still available. Open tuning is good to start playing slide, it much less difficult to hit a wrong note. Just remember that you need to hold the slide right above the frets, instead of just behind it what you do normally. Also, it is important to damp the unused strings with either the palm of your right hand, or the other fingers on your left hand, or both. Have fun.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1679
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home