Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
DONT STOP
Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: June 17, 2006 11:31

I was just listening to this song and thinking I hope they bring it back. I dont know what the chances are, maybe.

Re: DONT STOP
Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: June 17, 2006 11:33

Good song, yes. It's like a souvenir from the Licks tour. Brings back good memories. That's the power of a good song. It brings back memories.

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: June 17, 2006 11:44

Yes, absolutely. And this song worked really great in Europe, got the audience going.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 17, 2006 11:44

Lurv it....that intro just coils around ya...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: gregsmart79 ()
Date: June 17, 2006 13:26

I posted similar question a short while into the ABB tour, and it got quite a mixed reaction. People seem to either love it or hate it. I thought it was a great song, especially live. It's a shame that it will probably never be played live again.

Date: June 17, 2006 13:43

It's not a bad song and it worked live but,I don't think they should start recycling songs that were played often on recent tours.They're doing enough of that as it is.They need to make the shows at least a little different.I would rather see them bring back Mixed Emotions (it's been almost 16 years) or even try Keys To Your Love a few times.The biggest priority should be some more ABB songs or album tracks they haven't done in a while or ones they've never done.

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: June 17, 2006 13:45

Don't Stop is a very good song - a latter day classic. (Sounds great live, too) I'm with the Thief on Mixed Emotions as well - it's a miniwarhorse in its own right that has been unfairly ignored!

Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: June 17, 2006 14:57

I like they way the show the making of it on 40(420) flicks....sounds very cool...

Posted by: Tekumseh ()
Date: June 17, 2006 15:55

A great song, heard it twice in Stockholm 03, and I sure would like to hear it live again!!!

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: June 17, 2006 16:05

terrible song. awful song. please don't ever play it again song!

Posted by: yeager ()
Date: June 17, 2006 16:18

andy js Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> terrible song. awful song. please don't ever play
> it again song!

false.
Both - studio and four flicks version are great "move on" songs, lifting
the spirits.
What esse do you want from rocksongs?!

"when I travel coast to coast
you' re the hook I miss the most
feel on, baby"

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: June 17, 2006 16:48

WRONG. both versions are shit!

Posted by: yeager ()
Date: June 17, 2006 16:54

andy js Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> WRONG. both versions are shit!

Aaaaawrhight! I can live with that. And dance to both versions smiling smiley
and you not...

"when I travel coast to coast
you' re the hook I miss the most
feel on, baby"

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: June 17, 2006 17:47

It was really good in 2002/03, but I don't know if they should do it again. It was the hit on that tour...it's too early for a comeback.
Very nice summer memories comes back by that one.

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: June 17, 2006 18:32

it makes me smile every time I hear it. Brings back good memories of the stadium gigs in 2002/2003, particularly summer 2003.

Posted by: Tekumseh ()
Date: June 17, 2006 18:44

I even have it as my ringing tone on my cellular phone.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-06-17 22:43 by Tekumseh.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: June 17, 2006 18:59

A very instant rock song which a crowd can go into without having heard it before. Agree that it brings back good souvenirs from 2003. The issue is that it has Mick playing guitar on it ( allowing him to make a rest ). Thus playing it would prevent us from Rain Fall Down. Which is an instant rock song too, in the same vein.

Date: June 17, 2006 19:32

since the set lists are pretty short, it might not be such a great idea to bring back dont stop, but maybe they could give Rain Fall down a break, I like it but theyve played it every single night since probably some time back inlast September. THey could do dont stop plus a new song from ABB. Dont stop could have an added meaning this summer, because they did stop for a while, so It could be saying "were back" kind of thing I dunno, i was just thinking that.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: June 17, 2006 19:37

ABB + "Don't Stop" - "Neo-Con" = A Better Bang

Date: June 17, 2006 19:42

Neo Con eh? I like that one, but I dont think they'll play ever play it. It would be to devisive. Plus, to not play it in the US and then to play it in Europe would be in bad taste. If they played it, they should have played it here, that would take guts. Just playing it in Europe would be kind of cheap IMO>

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-06-17 19:43 by ryanpow.

Date: June 17, 2006 19:43

Ryanpow, feel free to substitute SOL for Neo. How'd you like the CD's?

Date: June 17, 2006 19:47

well I really like the "HITS" disc. I like their stlye of playing, how their songs end in kind of an extended jam. theres really an emphasis on PLAYING Im planning on listening to disc 2 today. Ive been on a road trip and hoped to listen to it while driving, but I couldnt get the CD onto my IPOD, so I couldnt. I just got back from my trip so so im gunna play it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-06-17 19:48 by ryanpow.

Date: June 17, 2006 19:50

It's probalby better than Disc 1. Really good players and well-written songs, IMHO. Enjoy! Let me know if U ever need anything else.

SK

Date: June 17, 2006 19:51

will do, and yeah, good lyrics on thier songs.

Date: June 17, 2006 19:54

Several of the guys played on the original "Spooky" by the Classics IV. I'm outta here! Be cool.

Posted by: Jumpin'JackFrash ()
Date: June 17, 2006 20:00

I really like the fact that Don't Stop came out at the time it did - right at the 40th anniversary of the boys. A lot of people came out saying that they didn't like it, or that it was too much of a leftover from the time when Mick was writing Goddess In The Doorway.

Looking back on the song now, even as I'm listening to it, I see how appropriate it is as a "modern-day" Stones tune. It's even more appropriate now considering what they've been through and how we seem to think that things seem uncertain.

This song wipes that doubt away for me at least - they won't stop, and we won't stop either

GOOD SONG!

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: June 17, 2006 20:15

I love it, they must play it in Europe now with Forty Licks selling better than the current new album.

Date: June 17, 2006 23:27

Yeah.Maybe they should pull up the 2003 set lists for each city or country and repeat them verbatim - song for song.Great idea.

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: June 17, 2006 23:33

That would be great indeed.

Date: June 17, 2006 23:38

I wasn't being serious.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1462
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home