Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The ABKCO remasters
Posted by: Matt ()
Date: June 16, 2006 09:30

I have most of the ABKCO remasters, but I haven't heard them on a SACD player.
I think many of them sounds great on a CD player. Have anyone of you heard them
on a SACD player? What would you say is missing when palyed on a "normal" CD player? Today a SACD player is not very expensive, so I wonder if you think that the benefit in sound is a reason to buy one?
Matt

Re: The ABKCO remasters
Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: June 16, 2006 10:09

The difference in sound quality between the SACD layer and the normal layer is minimal as far as the Stones remasters go.
To truly experience SACD, you need to listen to a 5.1 remixed CD as opposed to the two track stereo. Dark Side of the Moon sounds awesome as well as Brothers In Arms. The Sympathy for the Devil CD single that came out in conjunction with 40 Licks has the song in 5.1 and it's amazing how it sounds.
One SACD that sounds alot better is Oasis What's The Story, which is in 5.1 surround sound. The difference between this layer and the regular CD version is literally night and day.
If you are going to buy an SACD player, perhaps look for a DVD player that can also play SACD and even DVD Audio.

Re: The ABKCO remasters
Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: June 16, 2006 10:14

Im not a fan of how some of their early stuff soudns remastered. I dont like the remastered paint it black or mothers little helper. those sound better more muttled. but from betweeen the buttons on I like the remasters.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1419
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home