Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Fort Worth '78
Posted by: Bluespeyer ()
Date: June 7, 2006 00:19

Does a complete, above-average-quality video exist of this show?

I have a boot DVD titled Let Me Bleed, which says it was shot in Atlanta '78. But that's clearly an error, 'cause it was definitely shot at Fort Worth. However, the picture is awful, the sound is weak, and the disc contains only five tracks.

Would love to find a better, complete version of this show.

-- Keep on rollin'. Keep on. Keep on. Keep on. --

Re: Fort Worth '78
Posted by: T&A ()
Date: June 7, 2006 00:27

No. what you got is what there is.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: June 7, 2006 00:37

Well, there is a better version. 8 tracks, perfect sound, and OK picture quality.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: June 7, 2006 00:56

T&A Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No. what you got is what there is.

...er...almost

Posted by: bigfrankie ()
Date: June 7, 2006 05:18

Ft Worth 1978 by Jointrip is pretty good.

Don't watch FOur FLicks and then Ft Worth 1978 or or video quality will be a huge let down. But it IS watchable. The audio is very very good. Keef and Ronnie realy "weave" of Whip Comes DOwn and B-O-B.

Mick and Keef and/or Keef and Ronnie singing on one mic is worth the price alone

I got it on Ebay for around $17 and feel it was a good deal. Especially since very little from 1978 is out there.

don't give me that ole one two, one two three four

Posted by: stonefan ()
Date: June 7, 2006 08:23

Erik_Snow Wrote:
> Well, there is a better version. 8 tracks, perfect
> sound, and OK picture quality.

Is there really a version with 8 tracks ?
mine has only 6

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: June 7, 2006 12:32

only the first six songs are available -up to Beast of Burden. By the way, this "awfull" picture quality is consideren "excellent pro-shot" quality in tape trading circles. Compare the quality with the available films of 1969 - 1973 tours and you see why Fort Worth is excellent quality.

Mathijs

Posted by: Steven ()
Date: June 7, 2006 13:37

Be careful who you buy from if they call the JT version excellent. There is a tendency to overrate by some instead of being objective to get your money.

L&G, SFM Frankfurt 73, Gimme Shelter are closer to excellent pro shot, A+ to A. Ft. W. is A- or B+ at best, and many generations old.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: June 7, 2006 13:37

stonefan Wrote:
>
> Is there really a version with 8 tracks ?
> mine has only 6

Okay, 6 then. It's almost 8 !

Date: June 8, 2006 05:06

OK, guys, thanks a lot for the input.

I'm totally aware of the difference in picture quality between official releases -- i.e., Four Flicks, Live at the Max, etc. -- and bootlegs. I was just wondering if the Fort Worth show existed in a quality as good as, say, Ladies & Gentlemen, for instance.

Sounds like the 8 track version is of slightly better quality than the one I have now. I'll look for it on Ebay.

But frankly, I'm dying to see them do Imagination, Far Away Eyes and Tumbling Dice. The Fort Worth versions of these three tunes, I feel, are unrivaled in Stones' history. But I don't think they're included on any of the boots of the show.

Posted by: bigfrankie ()
Date: June 8, 2006 05:12

Hey Blues. The quality of the FT Worth show is nowhere near as good as Ladies and Gentlemen (I am comparing Jointrip to L&G 4 Reel).

I would say Four Flicks is a perfect 10. L&G is probably an 8. Ft Worth a 6. That is using Four Flicks as the benchmark of modern quality etc.

FT WOrth alos has some Jagger interviews and small bits of songs from other shows- but the quality of that part is not all that great.

don't give me that ole one two, one two three four

Date: June 8, 2006 05:27

Thanks bigfrankie. Actually, my version of Forth Worth is closer to a 4, so I'm definitely gonna be on the lookout for the Jointrip version that you and others say is a 6.

It's a profound shame that a better version of the show doesn't exist. Fort Worth '78 is my God. In fact, if I had access to a time machine and could pick only one destination in human history, the '78 Fort Worth show is where I would go.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1485
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home