Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Biggest Mistake - Release Date?
Date: June 5, 2006 00:34

When is it to be released in the UK? I thought it was June 2nd, but my record shop didn't have it. Any news?

Re: Biggest Mistake - Release Date?
Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: June 5, 2006 00:46

No release date for the next 3 weeks, it won't be out there this month.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: June 5, 2006 01:01

What about the tour?Wrong choice anyway..and it sure is now!!

Posted by: Tekumseh ()
Date: June 5, 2006 02:39

Released in Scandinavia 31th of May.
I just ordered it from cdon.com.

Posted by: nick ()
Date: June 5, 2006 03:40

georgelicks Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No release date for the next 3 weeks, it won't be
> out there this month.

The June 2nd release is now for June 23rd. This is the link that had it for June 2nd originally:

[www.virginmusic.de]

Now I have not seen this BUT there may be another version of it with Rough Justice from the Super Bowl making all 3 Super Bowl tracks available across 2 CD singles. That may be the one for the UK or it may be a promo. Someone on this board had seen an eBay auction with a question mark where the 3rd track was.

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: June 5, 2006 15:00

Does it have to be Biggest Mistake? Most folks in this forum don't seem to be happy with it, Mick J? And the Stones non-hardcorers who would lift the single to a top position didn't buy Steets Of Love. To me there's no need for another (weak) slow song.
But: Rough Justice on the other side wasn't such "experimental" to cause more interest (and higher sales figures) while other rockers find a lot of sympathy here: Look What The Cat or She Saw Me Coming.
Nowadays there seems to be amore prominent member of the Stones to choose the next single: Why not a Keith Richards song? It isn't the first release of a new album. Happy did very well. I think that This Place Is Empty has a wonderful melody. Would that have been the very first single (and a hit) - if Mick had sung it?!

Posted by: jumpinjackgreg ()
Date: June 5, 2006 15:57

Neither of the Keith songs can be a single b/c you can't understand what he's saying.
She Saw Me Coming is the best choice for the 4th single by far.

Posted by: iom ()
Date: June 5, 2006 18:17

A german mailorder (glitterhouse.com) sells/lists an 7" vinyl picture disc with Rough Justice (Superbowl) as b-side.

W.

Posted by: jumpinjackgreg ()
Date: June 5, 2006 20:45

Rough Justice at the superbowl wasn't that good. It's a great song, and I've heard it live twice and it's sounded great, but at the superbowl it wasn't. I think that song is mostly the reason for reviews that weren't that good.

Date: June 5, 2006 20:54

They have done better on Rough Justice than the Superbowl version but,they've done worse too.The main problem at the Superbowl was the sound mix & I assume that these live tracks for the cd singles will be sourced from the soundboard.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: June 5, 2006 21:31

I have the promo of Biggest Mistake, the version of Rough Justice on this one is the studioversion.

The promo contains:

Radioedit 3.31
Albumversion 4.06
Instrumental 4.06
Rough Justice 3.13

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: RollingStonesFan ()
Date: June 5, 2006 21:34

On the German website of virgin it is written that the new single will be released on June 23st. Look here:
[www.virginmusic.de]

Posted by: nick ()
Date: June 6, 2006 07:59

This website is expecting the UK release around August 21st

[www.sirendisc.com]

Posted by: the juf ()
Date: June 6, 2006 08:22

26th June in the Netherlands(source: Virgin/EMI the Netherlands)
2 track
3 track
7 inch

www.fortylicksfanclub.com

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: June 6, 2006 08:29

x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-12-09 03:09 by Beelyboy.

Posted by: drake ()
Date: June 6, 2006 08:38

Amen Beelyboy. Thats one of the most repeatable tracks on the record. Very catchy, great melodies and would work on pop radio. Bside of Under the Radar for the other stations and you got a winner.

-Drake

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: June 6, 2006 09:08

One thing I wanna know about the single: I have seen to different artworks. One of them had 3 or 4 versions of BM plus RJ I think. The other one was BM in a radio edit with SMU and Satisfaction from the Superbowl 2006. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the first I mentioned is the promo no? And the latter is the actual single.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: June 6, 2006 09:57

JumpingKentFlash Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> One thing I wanna know about the single: I have seen to different artworks. One of them had 3 or 4 versions of BM plus RJ I think. The other one was BM in a radio edit with SMU and Satisfaction from the Superbowl 2006. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the first I mentioned is the promo no? And the latter is the actual single.

Correct, the three versions of BM plus RJ are on the promo disc.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1379
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home