Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

O.T. Depeche Mode
Posted by: stones_serb ()
Date: June 2, 2006 21:34

Is anybody else into this band?

I have become their fan a year ago and in about three weeks I will see them in concert for the first time.

Of course they don't have much in common with The Stones but just as The Rolling Stones they are a very creative and long-living unit.

Re: O.T. Depeche Mode
Posted by: Koen ()
Date: June 2, 2006 21:58

Go rinse your mouth with Danube water.

Posted by: Some Girl ()
Date: June 2, 2006 21:59

That guy needs to put a shirt on on stage... seriously.

Posted by: harlito1969 ()
Date: June 2, 2006 22:01

I have been a fan since 1986 - have a good time at the show. I got into them from the music they use to play at clubs. I finally got to see them in concert in 1988 and was blown away by the energy that was going on between the stage and the crowd. As far as their music goes they have NEVER LET ME DOWN.

Date: June 2, 2006 22:03

Some Girl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That guy needs to put a shirt on on stage...
> seriously.

The tattoos?

Posted by: shedooby ()
Date: June 2, 2006 22:14

whaaaa, that's one of the worst depressive, heartless, ' whitemusic' bands of the 80's ... sorry bro, I would use such cd's as frisbee's

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: June 2, 2006 22:15

yes. they're a great band

Date: June 2, 2006 22:21

depressive? heartless? Or good music to listen to while you're f*cking?

Date: June 2, 2006 22:23

depressive? heartless? Or good music to listen to while you're having sex?

Posted by: shedooby ()
Date: June 2, 2006 22:29

well, anyone has the right to have sex they want but my big friend turns into fresh cooked spaghetti with this kind of music....cannot argue about taste though

Date: June 2, 2006 22:36

I guess we'll leave that up to the taste testers!

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: June 2, 2006 22:45

I used to work with Dave Gahn's brother, Phil. An utter wan*er! He was going to be my manager at what point. Thank god he was'nt.

I actually think Depeche Mode are okay

Date: June 2, 2006 23:06

I used to think that they were just one of those horrible eighties synth pop bands until I heard Violator.That record made me realise how horribly wrong I had been.

They got such a unique sound on that album,it's almost as rich as as classic Pink Floyd's sound

Date: June 2, 2006 23:37

That was what they were being called back in '89 - "the new Floyd". I am not too familiar with Pink Floyd but I guess that's correct.

Stones_serb, drop me a line:

harlito2003@hotmail.com

Date: June 3, 2006 00:17

pretty good music. you have to be in a certain mood though.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: June 3, 2006 01:21

I think they were one of those bands, which gained more credibility as they went along. If something like Just Can't Get Enough was there only hit, I don't think we'd be discussing them now.

I'm not huge on any sort of 80's electronic synthiser kind of music, but I love New Order. Now they're a FAR superior band!

Posted by: stoned_in_dc ()
Date: June 3, 2006 05:34

new order/joy division may be the most influential band of the past 25 years....

Date: June 3, 2006 15:04

I like Joy Division a lot but I still haven't listened to any New Order album.I love Blue Monday though.

Posted by: winter ()
Date: June 3, 2006 21:10

i just saw them for the first time 2 weeks ago and they were great! although i'm not a big 'synth band' fan (i like only kraftwerk of the non-guitar bands), DM have some great guitar lines in most songs. gahan is in good shape, he's engaging and rowdy, not cold/distant. i was VERY impressed at his frontman abilities, and the band had great sound and visuals. take a piss break when marty gore sings his 2 or 3 songs.

the shows have been kicking off with the opener of their new cd and the last encore has been a stunning version of 'never let me down'. if you want a facsimile preview, rent the dvd 'a night in paris' from the 2001 tour.

you're gonna see a very satisfying show.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1029
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home