Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Always optimist, but not now
Posted by: javier ()
Date: May 25, 2006 15:08

It´s better to think about football world cup if you like football. I don´t want to be pesimist, I am optimist with the Stones, when people said that each tour went to be the last tour, I never thought that. Even in the eighties, I was sure: the Stones will return to make tours if they are alive. But I have serious dudes now; if you think this, and if you see and search news about the Stones tour, the results that I find are: Keith Richards has a very bad health now, I think. At Auckland the doctors thought that he was well, but he was strong pains at his head, then doctors looked him carefully and they made him a Surgical operation. Now Keith seems to stand US but... Where? At his house of Hartford? Into a hospital? the Stones know that million of people are expecting news, with tickets in our hands. If Keith is well now, Why there is not definitive dates of the tour? If Keith is not well, it´s logical to think that the Stones don´t want to say anything for now. At last, my opinion is that this is the end of the Stones. I want to be mistaken, my friends.

Re: Always optimist, but not now
Posted by: TeleK ()
Date: May 25, 2006 15:10

buuuuuhh :-)

-----------------------------------------------------
Oh, give me the beat, boys, and free my soul
I wanna get lost in your rock and roll and drift away

Posted by: Tekumseh ()
Date: May 25, 2006 16:07

A Norwegian commercial say: "Life is more fun to those who love football/soccer" and then they play 'All you need is love' by some old English band, I don't remember the name right now.

And that is true. I don't like football, hardly at all. But evertime I turn on my telly, there's football, football and... yeah right; football.
I'm so glad I have so many Stones DVDs to watch. And lately there has been a lot of Stones on the news.

I ment to be fun here, I don't blame you guys who love football. Everybody has their interests and hobbies, and we can't share everything.

Posted by: ROADRUNNER ()
Date: May 28, 2006 03:05

I agree with Javier. I think the Keith's illness is serious; if there is no damage in brain, he can be on stage right now, but if no...
I have ticket for Valladolid, but.. creo que lo tenemos jodido, amigo

Posted by: s-asla ()
Date: May 28, 2006 12:59

Look at the picture from outside the hospital in Auckland. This man is not well!
He will not be in condition to play a 20 - 22 songs set, may be a couple of songs. But after a recovery of at least one year there is a possibility that he'll show up for a singel performance or so. But I'm sad to say, The Rolling Stones have probably played their last concert. I don't think Michael Kohl will plan for another tour with the risk of Keith having a new stroke.

Posted by: uz2bstoned ()
Date: May 28, 2006 13:06

Stroke? I don't think you are an optimist

Posted by: Tekumseh ()
Date: May 28, 2006 13:26

I have problems seing Keith's had a stroke, though I've heard the roumor.

On the pictures he holds his right hand down all the time, and he liftes his left hand to wave to the press. But on one picture he moves his right arm. And he walks...
When people get stroke in the right side of the brain, hitting the talking-centre, wich includes rythm and music too, you normally can't walk, and get part-paralyced on your right side.

Another thing: When you do such surgery, or having a stroke, you are not allowed to go by airplane in 8 weeks.
That's why I think Keith is still on New Zealand, and that's why we haven't seen any new photos of him. The press thinks he's in USA.

That's probably why the tour will start in beginning og July, 8 or 9 weeks after the operation.

Posted by: uz2bstoned ()
Date: May 28, 2006 13:34

he walked into the hospital and walked out. He did not have a stroke.

Posted by: shidoobee ()
Date: May 28, 2006 13:35

Calm down, now! If the reports about a brain drain are true - he'll be fine and as good as new within 3 months after surgery. He has a strong constitution (Bert lived to be more than 90 and Doris is almost 95) and comes from great stock! That improves his odds. And his heart is very strong - yeay, that's the only positive effect of using heroin for years. It strenghtens the heart. He's in better shape (no overweight, great limbs - did you see him in the fan club DVD?) and he's surrounded by a loving family - which is also a very good factor when it comes to a successfull recovery. And his sense of humour and playfullness is also a great thing in this respect. How do I know this? Just asked my doctor friend, a cancer surgeon who has done research on the survival rate after fatal illness. He says it's all about attitude, heritage and former health. So I'm optimistic. THEY'LL TOUR! Keith's a survivor. Just like Gillian and myself.

Posted by: glimmer twin 81 ()
Date: May 28, 2006 13:43

thats all bullshit
keith richards is doing pretty well
the only problem is that he went jet skiing after his accident and that was no good idea but ´junkies have bad ideas

so cal down and see the stones in july in europe

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: May 28, 2006 14:30

shidoobee Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Calm down, now! If the reports about a brain drain
> are true - he'll be fine and as good as new within
> 3 months after surgery. He has a strong
> constitution (Bert lived to be more than 90 and
> Doris is almost 95)
-----
Doris seems to be 90; and at Dec 4 I believe she will turn 91.
[www.vandaagindemuziek.nl]

Posted by: Aucoin ()
Date: May 28, 2006 15:13

I'm sorry to say but I don't believe in a tour of europe this year. Hope I'm wrong.

Posted by: Bockwuchsd ()
Date: May 28, 2006 15:14

We'll see

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: May 28, 2006 17:31

I'm with shidoobee.

I'm also rather amused by the seemingly common impression that keith is old and fragile. 62 is NOT old...especially if you are lucky enough to have that resilient constitution.
The stunts Keith's pulled over the years and the abuse he's subjected his body to aren't clever...but they do show that he's made of strong stuff.

The '70s were Keith's most dangerous period...when they effectively had to employ somebody to make sure he wasn't dead ! That's when folks ought to have been worried.

Date: May 28, 2006 18:16

Spud, you are so right. And in the 70s, people didn't worry, they just thought his abuse was cool... Anyway, he's so strong. He's so fit and he has a great sense of humour. Everything's very positive for his successfull recovery. I firmly believe we'll see him on stage in July, here in Europe. This Wednesday I had a few drinks too many with Jorn, a Norwagian Stones-fan. He had the same surgery in 2003. 3 weeks after surgery he went to Stockholm and danced his ass off at three Stones shows, with a big smile on his face. We discussed his and Keith's situation on Wednesday, and Jorn is convinced too, that Keith's doing fine, and he even admits that Keith is in better shape than he himself was before surgery.. And those of you who were alarmed at the sight of the photos of Keith leaving hospital... Remember that was just a few days after surgery. In stead of being alarmed that he looked a little pale, we should be impressed he was walking himself - not being wheeled out. So GUYS, guys guys - relax. He'll be as good as new on stage in July, and I'll cheer even louder for him this time around. I hope you join me. LOL everyone!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-28 18:19 by shidoobee.

Re: Keith
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 28, 2006 18:28

>> I hope you join me. LOL everyone! <<

~*YEAH!*~

funny, i just mentioned to someone the other day how out of practice we are at worrying about Keith -
i meant the 70s, when a lot of us did fret. this recent scenario has been quite different from that in several ways,
and real hard to abide, but in any case all we can do is keep generating well-wishes, so ... so that's what i'm doing.

Keith, be well - all the way, baby, all the way

Date: May 28, 2006 18:47

Great! Then we're two. I suspect you are a woman, too? Women are so much more positive than men. We live longer, we have a better way of dealing with pain and we're cooler and more OPTIMISTIC. And we love Keith! Join in the GET WELL KEITH CHOIR. We don't sound like angels, we don't look like angels - but we're your angels! And we want all the best for you!

Date: May 28, 2006 18:57

shidoobee Wrote:
> Calm down, now! If the reports about a brain drain
> are true - he'll be fine and as good as new within
> 3 months after surgery. He has a strong
> constitution (Bert lived to be more than 90 and
> Doris is almost 95)
-----

That may be true but Keith's lifestlye is a little different than his paerents.
62 may not be old but alot of people have left us recently around the same age.

Freddie Garrity
Gene Pitney
Wilson Pickett
Entwistle, John
G Harrison

Posted by: Keith70 ()
Date: May 28, 2006 19:37

I hate football; How I could think to football? I write from Italy, the only country in the world with a mafia-championship... I think only to Keith's health. I don't want believe Keith with a stroke... I hope to see them in Milan, Zurich and Nice...
PS: I hope you understand my bad english...

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 28, 2006 19:41

we do..and its more comprehensible than some of the medical diagnoses in this thread which appear to be based on a still photograph

Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: May 28, 2006 19:51

The difference between a successful man and an unsuccessful man is that the successful man holds on that little bit longer.

Re: Keith
Date: May 28, 2006 19:51

>> We don't sound like angels, we don't look like angels <<

er ... we don't? :E

heya Gazza - good to see your typeface! :E

Date: May 28, 2006 21:51

No, we don't have wings,and we're kinda DIRTY! OK, his Wingless Angels, then.

Re: angels
Date: May 28, 2006 23:10

all the best angels are dirty - look at these two!

- MSG, may 7th 1979, by Richard Aaron

Posted by: Keithforever ()
Date: May 28, 2006 23:50

He will be fine!!@shidoobee + with sssoul....thanks for your posts- good hear from someone who is thinking in a positiv way- you made my daywinking smiley

Date: May 29, 2006 18:57

I have some GREAT shots from this tour that I want to share with you. How does one add photos?

Re: posting photos
Date: May 29, 2006 19:04

>> How does one add photos? <<

1] upload them to someplace like photobucket.com
2] resize them as necessary (use the photobucket "edit" button to get to the option for reducing the size)
3] copy & paste the

Date: May 29, 2006 19:08

jagger50 Wrote:
> The difference between a successful man and an
> unsuccessful man is that the successful man holds
> on that little bit longer.

my wife has been telling me something like that for many years!

Date: May 30, 2006 19:13

Relax Gazza, you're not the only man around who comes too fast! But there are techniques worth learning out there. Ask your wife! All the best - later!

Date: May 30, 2006 19:14

Where did I say I fitted into the "unsuccessful" category?? ;-)

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1389
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home