Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Are The Stones Themselves Immune & Jaded?
Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: May 29, 2006 18:44

And I don't mean to us fans. I wonder how they feel about the show they put on. There is a scene in 4Flix where they are checking out the stage show; the lighting, and the fireworks and stuff. And it seems like that stuff never gets old. When they are watching it with their families they look like regular suburbanites on the 4th July in the Parks. All awestruck. Even when Jagger and Charlie are dealing with Fisher, they have this constant sh*teating grin they are trying to conceal. Like "This is just too fhuckin cool".
In "Being Mick" I think Jagger talks about his gesturing. Like his "whoo whoo" or "How y'all doing?". Or the fact that he goes out of his way ot learn a few words in the language of the country. He doesn't seem to take it lightly.
The whole band does seem to love playing and appreciate the adoration.
It has got to be an incredible buzz to hit that stage.

"...no longer shall you trudge 'cross my peaceful mind."

Re: Are The Stones Themselves Immune & Jaded?
Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: May 29, 2006 18:50

The Stones are corporate, slick and professional. Like a supermarket.

Posted by: Raoul Duke ()
Date: May 29, 2006 19:08

Deleted (less than polite comment taking issue with Nikolai's statement)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-29 19:26 by Raoul Duke.

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: May 29, 2006 19:10

In that same DVD, you'll notice that Mick says he gets sick and tired of touring after the first couple of weeks . . .

Posted by: Raoul Duke ()
Date: May 29, 2006 19:22

nikkibong Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In that same DVD, you'll notice that Mick says he
> gets sick and tired of touring after the first
> couple of weeks . . .

He may say so, but the thing is that as much as their catalog still sells - and with all the material they could release out of the vaults - he could spend the rest of his life sipping cocktails on a beach and not doing a damn thing. The fact that they are still out there touring is quite indicative - in my view - that they have a hard time letting go of the spotlight, the adulation, the thrill, and even of playing music together. Note, in that same documentary, how nervous Ronnie and Keith are before going on stage in Toronto. That's precisely what keeps them going.

Incidentally, that they also operate what is by now a well-oiled money-making machine doesn't take anything away from that. Loving the stage and wanting to make money are not mutually exclusive.

Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: May 29, 2006 20:22

I don't know how to correctly word this. The Rolling Stones are performers, they perform their songs.

A group like The Grateful Dead, they came on stage and PLAYED their songs. Two great groups, that took a completely different approch on how to perform/play live music.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: May 29, 2006 20:50

Immune and jaded? No. Torn & Frayed? a little.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: May 30, 2006 09:19

drbryant Wrote:
> Immune and jaded? No. Torn & Frayed? a little.

Catchphrase of the year.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: mofur ()
Date: May 30, 2006 09:53

Bingo Wrote:
> I don't know how to correctly word this. The
> Rolling Stones are performers, they perform their
> songs.
>
> A group like The Grateful Dead, they came on stage
> and PLAYED their songs. Two great groups, that
> took a completely different approch on how to
> perform/play live music.

WOW...that's a great way to define two such great groups who are both very close to my heart. Though I most say - in fairness - than in some of their numbers - mostly Keef's - the Stones take a´lighter and dare one say it - jazzier - approach. But still nowhere near the offroads and unbeaten tracks the GF venture down in concerts....maybe down to different drugs? *LOL*

Sadly I nevet got around to see the GF...but I've just got this fantastic DVD from a concert in 1980.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1839
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home