Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

and now Gilmour...
Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: May 30, 2006 05:35

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

...Does he look at some of his peers, such as the Rolling Stones, and wonder why they are still so driven by money; endlessly touring and milking their reputations? 'I think it's ridiculous, actually. Mick and Keith should get a life. It's like a strange, sexual compulsion. How much do they need? I think a lot of it is the applause. It's a powerful drug, 50,000 people appearing to adore you. I'm a big Stones fan but they haven't done anything that matches their earlier stuff in years...

Re: and now Gilmour...
Date: May 30, 2006 06:10

He's the one that hasn't been able to write any worthwhile material in years.

Posted by: stoned_in_dc ()
Date: May 30, 2006 06:53

what baloney! after all the mega-tours floyd did... after keeping the band going once roger waters left and milking it for everything it was worth ....fighting against roger waters to control the name pink floyd and milk it....

how much money is enough gilmour indeed!!!!!!!!!! how much is enough! its a great question.. but david gilmour is the last person who should be asking it!.. if it wasn't for having been able to utilize the pink floyd name (a name i think its hard to argue roger waters had far far more right to..) david gilmour would have not made the tens of millions he made all during the 80s and 90s... i can't recall him having problems then and i don't see why he should have them now with someone else doing the same

Posted by: StratoGR ()
Date: May 30, 2006 07:06

When we speak for artists like that the idea of not having made something in these laters years it's ridiculous.They made any of the best albums of all time.Remeber that please.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1605
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home