Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Anybody Have Any Extra Info On These Rare Jagger Stories
Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: May 15, 2006 07:07

#1 I remember when Mick was living in LA in the very early 70's (Exile on Main St. cover Photo's) Elliot Mintz (Now Manager/Assistant to Dylan, Yoko, and was to Lennon) was doing a radio show and interviewed these 2 girls that had been driving/walking around an LA/Hollywood neighbourhood trying to find Mick's House. They had an idea of the house but no number.After spending hours looking they were ready to give up but needed to use the toilet. They went up to a random house to ask if they could and who should open the door but Mick. He let them in and spent hours talking with them. Mintz also interviewed Jagger around that time but his batteries started going so the tape slowly started speeding up. Anybody have this or remember hearing it ?

#2 During the 1975 Tour, Mick was having dinner in a nice San Francisco restaurant when a DJ came up to the table with a portable recorder and started trying to interview Jagger. Mick was not amused and grabbed the guys glasses threatening to break them if the guy didn't leave. It took a few minutes and Mick was as big a prick as I have ever heard but the guy left. I heard the entire tape of the incident played only once on an LA radio station. Anybody heard/know this one

#3 On a Bootleg Video website (or mailing list - pre computer) they were selling a video of Mick and Keith being interviewed in Jamaica and supposedly Mick was really drunk. (not the in control guy you usually see) anybody ever see this? It must have been around Goats Head Soup - 30 minutes or so.

#4 Is there a bootleg (video or DVD) of the 2 week special of the Stones in America in 1975 on the ABC news show "Good Night America" hosted by Geraldo Rivera? Mick and Bianca were interviewed as well as rehearsals of HTW and ADT-Line in Baton Rouge, LA. Also HTW and ADTL on opening night. I think another Stone was also interviewed. Anybody remember this or own a boot of it?

#5 Jagger's VERY SHORT "walk on" on the old David Letterman show when he was still on NBC? Anybody see it? Anybody own it?

#6 If I'm correct Jagger recorded "Too Many Cooks" with Lennon producing in LA during Lennon's "Lost Weekend" around 1974. How much hanging out with Lennon did Jagger do and are there anymore songs from that period/session?

#7 What's the Story on the boot CD of Jagger singing/playing a bunch of Blues songs with "The Red Devils" (a blues band) Was this EVER suppose to come out officially? (it's damn good)

Re: Anybody Have Any Extra Info On These Rare Jagger Stories
Posted by: Manhattan ()
Date: May 15, 2006 08:12

Well, I don't know the answers to your questions but I do got this pretty amazing clip of Tommy Cruise's sofa jumping on the Oprah Winfrey Show. Does that count? MEZ

and Ay ay baby it hurts

Posted by: TatteredTongue ()
Date: May 15, 2006 09:16

I would do the same thing for #2

Date: May 15, 2006 14:38

Naw man, the Tommy Cruise thing is a nightmare I'd rather forget, no points on that one....

Date: May 15, 2006 15:03

Sh*t, I should have made this a contest. Would have stumped everybody this time.... Come on, someone knows SOMETHING !!!

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: May 15, 2006 15:49

#3 and #6 are particularly interesting questions.
I'd like an answer.

Date: May 15, 2006 22:37

I know Whale, usually there's someone on here that knows all this stuff, I don't get it...

Posted by: KSIE ()
Date: May 15, 2006 22:49

#7 re RED DEVILs:

The Red Devils were a blues band from Texas, playing regularly around L.A., and who had a live album produced by Rick Rubin. I believe Mick had sat-in with them once or twice live. He had decided to use Rubin as producer for his next solo album, and the idea was to do a blues disc, with the Red Devils. The material was recorded, but apparently Jagger didn't like the results and scrapped the release. He and Rubin then put together Wandering Spirit a year later. I remember reading something about the Devils getting approximately $900 apiece for the recording sessions.

P.S. The Red Devils live album (forget the name) is very hot!

Date: May 15, 2006 22:57

Thanks for the info KSIE, well I have the Red Devils boot CD with Jagger and it's excellent. If it came out officially I'm sure it would get great reviews - it really kicks !!!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 15, 2006 23:04

The Red Devils - King King Def American 9-26795-2

ROCKMAN

Date: May 16, 2006 00:10

ROCKMAN, I knew you'd come through with something - you ALWAYS do, good job. I gotta get this one...

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 16, 2006 05:57

KSIE Wrote:

> The Red Devils were a blues band from Texas,
> playing regularly around L.A.,

Maybe so - but Les Butler, the singer/harmonica player, was from Santa Monica California. I grew up with him.
He played at alot of parties, and was known to be a dealer of various illegal substances.
I remember hearing about him jamming with Mick, everyone I knew couldn't believe it.
Sadly, he OD'd on heroin just as he was about to achieve some success.

Posted by: KSIE ()
Date: May 16, 2006 15:49

Hairball,

My mistake, and my apologies. Paul Size the guitar player was from Dallas, but the Red Devils were formed in LA, and would be thus considered an LA band.

Lester Butler was a fantastic harp player, and the King King album displays his huge talent.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1428
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home