Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Jagger /Richard relation after this???
Posted by: Riffbuk ()
Date: May 15, 2006 17:03

Even if the European tour didnt start as planned, some news says the Jagger is naturally worried about Keith, but also tottaly mad with is behavior before the start of the tour, by climbing a tree, and now, that some news starts to surface with the financial reports about loosing big,big money, will this affect their relation to a degree that was never reached before. I sincerely hope not, but what do you think??

Re: Jagger /Richard relation after this???
Posted by: Doc ()
Date: May 15, 2006 17:06

I can't believe they lose that much money...
Aren't they insured ?

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: May 15, 2006 17:09

It will blow over but I'm sure he's pissed as hell

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: May 15, 2006 17:12

if anything they will make more money...higher demand for tickets..
when fans got a chance to see that, we almost didn't have the rolling stones they will come out because THIS COULD REALLY BE THE LAST TIME! we don't live forever..even keith!

Posted by: keefkid ()
Date: May 15, 2006 17:14

oh they'll lose some money...

[enjoyment.independent.co.uk]

i agree with Harm, i am sure he is pissed but he'll get over it... Mick must know how keef is by now... and really, something could have happened to Mick on holiday, wasnt he hiking in Cambodia or something dammm he could have got bitten by a snake, fel down a mountain, etc etc... accidents will happen...

Posted by: Lumi ()
Date: May 15, 2006 17:17

keefkid Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> i agree with Harm, i am sure he is pissed but
> he'll get over it... Mick must know how keef is by
> now... and really, something could have happened
> to Mick on holiday, wasnt he hiking in Cambodia or
> something dammm he could have got bitten by a
> snake, fel down a mountain, etc etc... accidents
> will happen...

Exactly, accidents happen. Sure he's pissed. Sure he'll forget about it.
And I'm thinking he's been more worried than pissed, to be honest.

Posted by: LolA ()
Date: May 15, 2006 17:37

Pue newspaper bullshit.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 15, 2006 17:39

What about Ronnie, then? It was reported somewhere that the guys were drunk, and that has something to do with the superb idea of climbing the tree. Knowing Ronnie's problems (and fight) with booze, I am sure Jagger are not very happy for that, either.

- Doxa

Date: May 15, 2006 17:42

LolA Wrote:
> Pue newspaper bullshit.

????

if they cancel shows/they will lose money

what is bullshit about that?

Posted by: LolA ()
Date: May 15, 2006 17:52

The speculation that it would ruin Keith and Mick's relationship. I think it takes a very narrow mind to think they would fall out over that when they're already loaded with money anyway. They've done, seen, been through so many things, I would think they know better than to let this ruin it.

Date: May 15, 2006 17:54

ok yea, i agree, that is total b.s.... but it sells papers i guess right??

haaa

Posted by: OILY_DIPSTICK ()
Date: May 15, 2006 17:55

It's not going to be a bed of roses is it, can't see it being terminal though. An uneasy truce I think. So business as usual :-)

Oily.

The stress of waiting for some official news is now starting to get to me.........

Posted by: Raoul Duke ()
Date: May 15, 2006 18:24

The thing is that - at least from an artistic/creative standpoint - Mick is nobody without Keith and Keith is nobody without Mick. Sure, they have occasionally recorded some decent solo songs, but a far cry from the "greatest show on earth" they put on when they are together. I can imagine Mick would be upset, but unless he has decided that his career will just be made up of cameo apperances in sitcoms, singing on movie soundtracks, and regularly appearing on gossip columns detailing his latest conquests from now on, he will just have to suck it up and move on. After all, they know each other damn well and have arguably been through much worse.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: May 15, 2006 18:53

They've been in this sketch for 40 years !

What's new ?

Date: May 15, 2006 18:59

Raoul Duke Wrote:
> The thing is that - at least from an
> artistic/creative standpoint - Mick is nobody
> without Keith and Keith is nobody without Mick.
> Sure, they have occasionally recorded some decent
> solo songs, but a far cry from the "greatest show
> on earth" they put on when they are together. I
> can imagine Mick would be upset, but unless he has
> decided that his career will just be made up of
> cameo apperances in sitcoms, singing on movie
> soundtracks, and regularly appearing on gossip
> columns detailing his latest conquests from now
> on, he will just have to suck it up and move on.
> After all, they know each other damn well and have
> arguably been through much worse.

Exactly, they need each other, and they know it. But the difference is that Mick doesn't bash Keith in public - he has almost never complained about Keith's behaviour, his drug years, etc. He 's been VERY diplomatic, almost supportive. Contrary, it looks like that Keith - like Bill Wyman - does not waste any opportunity to bash Mick, for whatever reason. Keith himself has said that Mick doesn't mind, he has so thick skin, he needs to be kicked in ass, etc. If that is so, perhaps Mick knows how sensitive - a cry baby - Keith really is, and do not to say bad things aboot lil' Keef in public and hurt his feelings...

- Doxa

Posted by: Steven ()
Date: May 15, 2006 19:03

No such thing as bad publicity. Mick will love the increased demand for tix.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: May 15, 2006 19:07

Steven - you make a point. Assuming KR turns out okay, this could be one of the great career moves by the band. And, Charlie will no longer be the recipient of the longest ovation anymore....move over charlie boy....

Date: May 15, 2006 19:39

Steven - that's a good point indeed. Even if the ticket market is doing quite slow at the momeent (people are afraid if the band will play or not), when Keith will be back and in condition that will be a really good boost. Namely, the whole accident will remind people that it the band will not be around forever, and one should not take for granted that one is able to see The Rolling Stones every second or third year. Even here - among hardcores - there has been sort of tireness in the air, because all of these countless tours since 1989 seems to follow one after other, as a result from an automatic unhuman mechanism. But now there is some authenticity and uniqueness in the air... People are reminded how expectional the band and its existence really is.

- Doxa

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 15, 2006 21:24

Richard who?

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: May 15, 2006 21:32

Probably depends how true the coconut tree story is.

Personally, I think it is pure BS that some PR person with quite a creative mind dreamed up because Keith had been in Fiji.

I suspect this is either a health issue (that they don't want the public to know the full details about) or there was a different type of accident that caused the injury. In this case, I think Jagger would be concerned for his health and not mad about it.

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: May 15, 2006 21:35

they're siamese twins.............permanently stuck with each other

Date: May 15, 2006 21:38

My 95 year old aunt fell down the stairs a couple of years ago.Should I have never talked to her again after that stunt?

Re: Jagger /Richards relation after this???
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 15, 2006 21:38

didn't Mick have a bad accident with a gun that could've blown his hand off while making Ned Kelly? pretty freakin frivolous!
and who was it who needed 20 stitches in 75 after crashing through a plate glass window? wtf was he thinking, anyway??
my estimate is that any anger Mick feels toward Keith over this accident is a lot like a parent's anger with a child who's hurt him/herself -
it's a natural (if not lovely) reaction to having the crap scared out of you, but not at all a sign of a lack of caring. au contraire, even.
(but that's just my sense of it, of course - in fact none of us knows what texture their relationship is, accidents or not.)

Keith, be well - all the way, baby, all the way

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-15 21:39 by with sssoul.

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: May 15, 2006 21:47

Following Lola's (as always) perfect logic I introduce the following evidence:

McCartney/Starr - Ringo is suppose to be super pissed that Paul didn't have him play at Live 8. The relationship is supposedly in the freezer (unless I missed a "patch things up" story somewhere)

Roger Waters/David Gilmour - they got together for Live 8 but when Waters decided to tour "Dark Side" in full Gilmour said thanks but no thanks. One of the other Pink Floyd boys is doing some shows with Waters

Robert Plant/Jimmy Page - Page so feed up he does a Zeppelin tour with the Black Crowes instead of Plant - screams are heard coming from a certain 4 star hotel in Morocco

Cortney Love/surviving Nirvana members - do I even have to get into this

Ray Davies (speaking of LOLA/Dave Davis (pre Stroke) - we all know...

Eddie Van Halen/Most Lead Singers worldwide - pure hatred. Eddie coins the phrase "LSD" - Lead Singer Disease. No one laughs....

Jagger/Richards 2008 onward - will make the 80's look like a polite tea party

Posted by: Raoul Duke ()
Date: May 15, 2006 22:01

I'm not buying, but your guess is as good as mine.

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: May 16, 2006 01:49

So Ronnie has once again succumbed to his beast of bottle? Sad sad sad.

Posted by: madmaxx ()
Date: May 16, 2006 01:54

$hit happens they have both been through enough of it to know.

They will be fine they always are.

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: May 16, 2006 01:59

The Ronnie thing is the thing that is on my mind now too, since Keith seems to be ok. WTF is this about him drinking anyway? Is this true?

"...no longer shall you trudge 'cross my peaceful mind."

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: May 16, 2006 01:59

still siamese.............joined at the soul

Posted by: sunnybandyo99 ()
Date: May 16, 2006 05:34

Mick Jagger is worried about Keith Richards as we are.I think he is doing fine.I really want them to perform in India one more time.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 847
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home