Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keith The Beast...
Posted by: CowgirlInTheSand ()
Date: May 14, 2006 07:38

Talk to me about Exile on Main Street. The mix, the lyrics, the overall feel and sound of it all, the countrified blues influence. I wanna know what you feel about this album.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-14 08:23 by CowgirlInTheSand.

Re: OT: Keith The Beast...
Posted by: JuanTCB ()
Date: May 14, 2006 08:06

Listening to it right now, actually.

The sum is greater than the parts.

Just Wanna See His Face might be the best song on there.

Yes, I'm drunk.

Re: OT: Keith The Beast...
Posted by: CowgirlInTheSand ()
Date: May 14, 2006 08:17

I have to say Lovin Cup is the best song on there and one of my personal faves for various reasons. I'm likin' the drunk country twang sound goin' on through most of this all roughly mixed in with some raw blues.

I'm asking myself if this is the best studio released compilation from the Stones.

And Hey! I'm buzzed too! smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-14 08:22 by CowgirlInTheSand.

Re: Keith The Beast...
Posted by: JuanTCB ()
Date: May 14, 2006 08:28

Cowgirl, I think you may be right - there are some better albums (Sticky, Bleed), but they don't have the panache of Exile.

I'm really digging Mick's gruff vocals and Keith's high harmonies tonight - hard to believe Coconut Man once had that kind of range, eh?

Posted by: Rock'NRollAngel ()
Date: May 15, 2006 04:26

I'm on an Exile high right now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-15 04:33 by Rock'NRollAngel.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: May 15, 2006 04:36

The original version of Lovin' Cup (aka "the drunk version" or Gimme Little Drink - intended for Let it Bleed) is better than the Exile version, IMO. Lovin' 'em both, though. I agree - best song on the album. Loved seeing/hearing it on the Licks tour.

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: May 15, 2006 05:33

There is something magical abut Loving Cup. (But then there's magic in the whole album too). When I hear the verses with Jagger singign and Keith harmonizing, over the rolling piano and the capoed accoustic I always feel like I am in the sunny gardens of Nellcote in 72. I can go through like a whole day, the feeling, the temperatures and the lighting in that song. When the bridge with the distant horns comes it is evening, inside, "by the fire" of course.
I know this sounds hoaky but that is what I feel during a part of Exile.
Turd on the Run e.g. reminds me of a very British affair in Victorian India. A bunch of British Lieutenants watching a cricket match and getting inmto a huge fight in the stands. They fight each other with big croquet mallots.
You asked...

"...no longer shall you trudge 'cross my peaceful mind."

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 934
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home