Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

If Brian Stayed...
Posted by: Jumpin'JackFrash ()
Date: May 14, 2006 05:56

Let's assume that Brian cleaned up his act somewhat and was still alive and kicking with the band today.

We know that Mick Taylor and Ronnie would never have been members, but I'm more interested in what you all think:

- What albums wouldn't have been made?
- Would the albums from Sticky Fingers on have even been conceived?
- How would their sound have been different from how it progressed from mid-1969 on?
- Would their image have changed?

and

- Would they even be together if Brian stayed?

I've always wondered about this

Re: If Brian Stayed...
Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: May 14, 2006 06:38

His personality would have got him kicked out eventually even if his blood was as clean as a alterboy.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 14, 2006 10:50

I can see a "Brian Wilson" thing happening to Brian Jones.
Keep him in the studio, but don't allow him to tour (an occasional surprise appearance maybe).
Thats where Mick Taylor comes in, for all the live shows.

In the meantime, Brian is safe and sound in his comfortable padded studio cubicle,
writing masterpieces and adding elegant guitar and other instruments to the tunes.
It would have been amazing for many reasons.
Brian, Keith, and Mick T., all in the same band!

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: May 14, 2006 11:07

I think he was born to be a kind of genius and die before he was 30.
Some people are meant to.

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: May 14, 2006 11:28

Yeah, I cant see him around. There simple is no "if" with Brian. He was suicidal and genius. A great personality. They didnt want him around and wanted him out already in 1964. He knew that. Three was a crowd. Death was the only way out for him. Dont get me wrong but what would he have been in 1972? In a supergroup with Lennon? Yeah, right. Brian knew that wouldnt happen, he was proud and he crated the Stones, thought he was going to be the leader forever got forced out when Mick took over and couldnt handle that.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: May 14, 2006 11:32

His death is a part of their myth...still full of secrets.
death, drugs and great music - maybe that´s why they always
get new fans. It´s not a cleaned up act like many of the big
groups, the Stones are still a mystery in some ways.

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: May 14, 2006 11:34

The band would be a lot less legendary now. Brian was good but Taylor and Wood gave the band some interessting twists.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: May 14, 2006 13:06

The Stones would have fallen apart in the early 70's, just as the band would have fallen apart in the late 70's if Wood did not enter the Stones. The arivel of the new guitarists rejuvenited the Stones. It gave them fresh wind, fresh ideas, the thrive tp go on. Without Jones and Taylor leaving, we wouldn't have had a ROlling Stones after '71 I believe.

Mathijs

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1495
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home