Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Barcelona update ?
Posted by: andy js ()
Date: April 22, 2006 20:37

has there been any news regarding the picking up of tickets lately?

are we non Spanish idiots going to have to queue at the stadium on the day of the gig to pick em up in person ? if so. would arriving late be better than early ?

also. me and my friend are travelling over from the UK for the show, and we're staying on the Avinyo. if anyone can tell us where we should be heading for beers and good food please let me know

cheers!

Re: Barcelona update ?
Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: April 22, 2006 22:49

you didn't hear the show was cancelled?

Posted by: Cosmique ()
Date: April 22, 2006 23:17

I think most people already have their tickets, so the queue won't be very long.

Besides, if you arrived in Spain at least 2 days before the concert, you could pick your tickets at any ATM from La Caixa. Remember to carry with you the credit card you used to buy them, you will need it.

Date: April 23, 2006 00:02

Cosmique. cheers for the reply

i thought the rule for us non Spanish ticket buyers was that we could ONLY pick up the tickets from the venue on the day of the gig ?

Posted by: mariannerl ()
Date: April 23, 2006 00:02

Cosmique Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think most people already have their tickets, so
> the queue won't be very long.
>
> Besides, if you arrived in Spain at least 2 days
> before the concert, you could pick your tickets at
> any ATM from La Caixa. Remember to carry with you
> the credit card you used to buy them, you will
> need it.

I thougt thats with spanish credit cards possible only. That's news for me. I am in Barcelona on Friday. So.... that would be no problem.

And who has already tickets? Not people from outside spain who booked trough servicaixa......... not me!!! Sadly.

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: April 23, 2006 00:11

Cosmique, will that ATM thing with LA Caixa work for Vallodolid? I am having real troubles...on 3/10 I paid for two tickets plus courier ( 70 euros for the courier) via La Caixa to Gay and Company at www.gamerco.com. About 1 week later I realized I would not be home secondary to a work contract the whole month of May and I called; they said no probelm I would have my ticket by the end of March. Well that did not happen, and 5 e-mails to the company so far go unanswered. I will be in Porto for the show in 14 June, travelling on the the 15, and will not get into Valldolid until late on the Sunday, 15 June. Will that be too late to use the ATM trick?

BTW what is the drive between Porto and Valldolid Like? I see it is not many miles, but I here that crossing mountains makes it a much longer trip than you would guess.

Posted by: Riffbuk ()
Date: April 23, 2006 00:29

I will arrive to Barcelona on the 24 of may, Any chance for a party before the concert for the IORReans??? BV ??any ideas??

Date: April 23, 2006 00:48

I don't know Barcelona. But some of my friends and me, we will meet at Hardrock Cafe. It's located in central Barcelona. But than........... going out........ no idea of a good club or bar there. Does anybody know?

Date: April 23, 2006 02:13

am i the only person who hates the hard rock cafe ?

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: April 23, 2006 02:26

No you are not.

There are so maney great bars with great ambiance in Barcelona.

I propose to wait for the suggestions of BV or Silbertrain!!!

I will arrive from Lisbon on the 26th!

Date: April 23, 2006 12:36

If you bought your tickets at ServiCaixa (http://www.servicaixa.es or [www.serviticket.com]), you can pick them at any machine from La Caixa. I've just phoned La Caixa and I've been told that it should work with all credit cards, not only with the spanish ones.

So, at least 2 days before the concert, you could go to an ATM from La Caixa. You should choose a machine enabled to deliver tickets. So, look at the upside, it should say "Recogida de entradas" or "Recollida d'entrades". Then you introduce the credit card you used to purchase the tickets, you touch the option to pick tickets and you'll have your tickets printed. That's how it works.

La Caixa has machines all over Spain. This means that you can use a machine in Madrid to pick the tickets for a concert in Barcelona.

Kahoosier, I believe that La Caixa hasn't sold any tickets for Valladolid. If you paid for the courier service, you should receive them at your place. They may take their time to send them, but they will.

The idea of a party sounds GOOD!! smiling smiley When would it be? I might help with the organization!! I don't hate the Hard Rock Cafe... It could be a good start if you wish to be surrounded by tourists or we could think of a more "local" bar. Tell me your preferences!! smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-04-23 12:39 by Cosmique.

Date: April 23, 2006 12:55

Several other threads here - eg. [iorr.org] - clearly says that you cannot get these CONCERT-tickets from any machine IF you have a FOREIGN credit card.

Further threads back here there are horrible stories from the latest U2-concert, where hundreds of non-Spanish fans had to queue for hours in front of the stadium. They couldn't get any tickets from any machines....

I really do hope you're right Cosmique, but I do have a feeling that La Caixa didn't inform you in detail regarding their policy. It seems to be possible to use these machines for foreigners if you want a cinema-ticket, but NOT for concerts like the one we're going to.....

Date: April 23, 2006 13:23

I just checked the caixa site (not easy because i don't speak Spanish, but it's close enough with french to understand the most part). Much to my surprise, but i could be wrong, the site policy doesn't say anymore that foreign credit cards are not available for the pick up process through terminals. So maybe they upgraded their terminals...It would be a good new, considering i'm not enthousiastic about queing in front of the stadium for hours without knowing when the box office is supposed to open.
Please could somebody speaking Spanish check the website and confirm?

Date: April 23, 2006 13:31

The deadlines are different depending on the spectacle. Cinema-tickets can be picked up to 30 minutes before the film starts. Concert-tickets can be picked up to 48 or 24 hours (depending on the venue), before the concert begins. That's written on servicaixa's site.

If it helps, I could call them again, just tell me what to say! smiling smiley

Date: April 23, 2006 14:34

Cosmique Wrote:
>
>
> If it helps, I could call them again, just tell me
> what to say! smiling smiley

Oh yes please! Please ask them if foreign credit cards are accepted now.

Date: April 23, 2006 14:50

I've already asked that. The exact answer was that if the credit card was accepted when purchasing via internet, the tickets can be picked by using a machine from La Caixa. This person had no news about problems regarding foreign cards. But it's important to consider the deadline, the machines will work until 48 hours (or "may be" 24 hours) before the concert.

Now let's talk about the PARTY!!! grinning smiley

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: April 23, 2006 16:05

Hi, I can't get in town until the very day of the concert... I therefore suppose that I can withdraw the tickets only @ the stadium, isn't it?

"got to be worked on
don't have no bark nor bite..."

Date: April 23, 2006 19:15

Cosmique Wrote:
> I've already asked that. The exact answer was that
> if the credit card was accepted when purchasing
> via internet, the tickets can be picked by using a
> machine from La Caixa. This person had no news
> about problems regarding foreign cards. But it's
> important to consider the deadline, the machines
> will work until 48 hours (or "may be" 24 hours)
> before the concert.
>
> Now let's talk about the PARTY!!! grinning smiley

Thank you. Friday afternoon if 24 hours before... but 48 hours no chance... Stupid system.

Date: April 26, 2006 19:33

Bad news guys. A friend of mine from the french board just called serviticket caixa two times, talked with different persons.

1. They confirm that caixa terminals only accept spanish credit cards and that foreign people will have to pick up their tickets at the venue box office.

2. They also say that the venue box office will start delivering tickets only 1:00 before the gates open or the concert begin (that point is not clear).

F**** bad news.

Posted by: country honk ()
Date: April 26, 2006 19:45

The best Barcelona update will be around 22.30 CET with the result of:

Barca vs Milan

I like both teams, but think I'd prefer Barca.

Date: April 26, 2006 20:40

Jumpinjackflash59 Wrote:
> Bad news guys. A friend of mine from the french
> board just called serviticket caixa two times,
> talked with different persons.
>
> 1. They confirm that caixa terminals only accept
> spanish credit cards and that foreign people will
> have to pick up their tickets at the venue box
> office.
>
> 2. They also say that the venue box office will
> start delivering tickets only 1:00 before the
> gates open or the concert begin (that point is not
> clear).
>
> F**** bad news.

I'm sorry to hear that. The person I talked to must have been not well informed sad smiley
Anyway, it wouldn't had been a great solution either, I mean because of the "deadline".

Country honk, you're right!! The match will be amazing! Everybody hopes so! smiling smiley And the traffic is crazy right now!

Força Barça!! smiling smiley

Posted by: country honk ()
Date: April 26, 2006 23:42

Barca won - congratulations - sorry to Milan.....

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: April 27, 2006 10:31

i've always understood, that we could only pick up out tickets from the stadium box-office on concert day.
This is what i understand to be the case- and i've yet to see any evidence to the contrary.

Isn't it about time (only 4 weeks to go!!) that an IORR Barcelona meet-up, started to be planned???

Date: April 27, 2006 10:55

Agree Adrian-L, but perhaps we should wait another couple of weeks. People change their plans all the time.
I think the most important thing for us is to organize ourselves in the queue before the stadium. This should give us the possibility to leave the queue for a drink, some food and a piss-break. It would perhaps also be important for those arriving on the day to receive the latest ticket-news from those who arrive the day before.....

Date: April 27, 2006 11:09

no nervous breakdowns Wrote:
> Agree Adrian-L, but perhaps we should wait another
> couple of weeks. People change their plans all the
> time.
> I think the most important thing for us is to
> organize ourselves in the queue before the
> stadium. This should give us the possibility to
> leave the queue for a drink, some food and a
> piss-break. It would perhaps also be important for
> those arriving on the day to receive the latest
> ticket-news from those who arrive the day
> before.....

Good plan- i'm flying in on friday 26th,
so if there's anyway i can help, just let me know.

Posted by: Sjouke ()
Date: April 27, 2006 11:57

We will arrive on Thursday 25th. Is this actually a holiday in Spain (Ascension Day)?

So, no possibility to pick up tickets in advance, that's quite lousy. Are there many of these La Caixa ticket offices (machines) in Barcelona? Does someone have addresses?

Good places for a drink or restaurants?

sjouke

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: April 27, 2006 13:26

I'll arrive there on the 25th as well, if I get any new info then, I'll post it here. Would be nice to meet all of you for some drinks!

Belgrade-Bucharest-Budapest-Brno

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: April 27, 2006 17:42

andy js Wrote:
> am i the only person who hates the hard rock cafe
> ?

No.

Date: April 27, 2006 17:49

usually a good atmosphere if your near one on show-days (i.e Barcelona 27th May)
but generally, i find them overpriced and the food is, at best, marginaly edible.
...oh and whenever i go near one, it's always poxy Bon Jovi videos, playing.

Posted by: Gangster-of-love ()
Date: April 27, 2006 17:58

Guys, Friday night on the Las ramblas for party will be great. We just need a central meeting point. Any suggestions?
I'll be there at the friday afternonn. Enozgh time to paty!

Keep on rollin'
Gangster

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1357
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home