Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: MADONNA slides through 6 song concert
Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: May 1, 2006 19:50

Madonna performed a half hour 6 song (wow, Princess, don't knock yourself out) concert at the COACHELLA VALLEY music and art festival which is out in the California Desert about an hour from the famous resort town of Palm Springs. Here's the Set list:

HUNG UP / GET TOGETHER / I LOVE NEW YORK / RAY OF LIGHT /LET IT WILL BE / EVERYBODY

I must say, after her very out of breath at the end 3 song performance at LIVE 8 and now this 6 pack of flotsam and jetsam it's time for this late 40's very near has-been to have a private meeting with Jagger and Tina Turner to learn how to do a 2 hour show with out passing out. What she was doing at this festival is also a bit of a surprise considering some of the other acts were MASSIVE ATTACK, SCISSOR SISTERS, and YEAH YEAH YEAHS. She better get into some longer cardiac workouts.... whatever, pathetic as usual....

Re: OT: MADONNA slides through 6 song concert
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 1, 2006 22:14

uh..its a warm up show and a festival...maybe thats normal?

cant see why you seem so annoyed about a show nowhere near you by an artist you dont like, but I'm sure she'll play full length shows when she tours proper.

when the Stones played a 75-minute, 14 song set at the Phoenix club in Toronto in August, did you think that was the length of show they'd do on the upcoming tour?

and she might be a lot of things, but being in poor physical shape sure isnt one of them....

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: May 1, 2006 22:53

Does Madonna really play slide nowadays?

Date: May 1, 2006 23:13

Gazza, number one, when she did her 3 song LIVE 8 Show in London's Hyde Park (LIKE A PRAYER, MUSIC, RAY OF LIGHT - don't remember if that's the correct order)she was so out of breath at the end of that 15 minute performance that you would have thought a group of pirates had chased her from Earl's Court to the Stage at Hyde's Park - it was pretty pathetic for an artist that charges top dollar (usually, not for Live 8 of course). Second, when she did her 4 minute opening number at the Grammy's in LA a few months ago she had to go into the top hospital in Beverly Hills the next morning for emergency hernia surgery (it was in the news for an hour and then it disappeared). It's not about if I like her or not - my girlfriend loves her so EVERY Madonna CD is around here.The deal is if a performer is gonna charge 100's and 100's of dollars for a fancy show the main attraction BETTER be in tip top shape and better not be Lip syncing because then, to me, she's nothing but one big f*cking RIP-OFF.As I said, look to Jagger and Tina Turner to see how it's done.Maybe some of you guys around here will take any scraps that's thrown to you by Classic performers but that's why my last Stones show was 1999 - I don't need to pay $500.00 to hear a "Beach Boys" style Greatest Hits show. I wanna hear those songs and I have the DVD's from 94 / 97 / LICKS and plenty of video from 72 onward. IMO from what I've seen (Rio) Jagger and Watts are playing great. The guitar players are hit and miss, the big problem with me is the set list. I've been seeing them since 69, I don't need to hear JJF one more time..... Back to topic: Madonna better get her ASS in top shape or step aside and stop ripping off the public (for the record she's all right with me, kinda, I thought the "Ray of Light" CD was Brilliant.....)

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 1, 2006 23:40

>Maybe some of you guys around here will take any scraps that's thrown to you by Classic performers but that's why my last Stones show was 1999 - I don't need to pay $500.00 to hear a "Beach Boys" style Greatest Hits show.

uh yeah, after all I'm well known on here for defending the Stones' setlists and ticket prices.... sad smiley

and btw, I refuse to pay more than £100 for a Stones ticket these days. Still managed to get up front for all of the Euro shows I'm going to. refused to pay $450 for the US ones too, and got decent ones for $160. we all have ways and means.

> I wanna hear those songs and I have the DVD's from 94 / 97 / LICKS and plenty of video from 72 onward. IMO from what I've seen (Rio) Jagger and Watts are playing great. The guitar players are hit and miss, the big problem with me is the set list. I've been seeing them since 69, I don't need to hear JJF one more time.....
Back to topic: Madonna better get her ASS in top shape or step aside and stop ripping off the public

doesnt really affect me, personally as ive no intention of going to see her...not sure what your angst is though, if youre not interested either

> (for the record she's all right with me, kinda, I thought the "Ray of Light" CD was Brilliant.....)

yep..thats a terrific album

Date: May 1, 2006 23:55

The deal was this show had been talked about for the last month or 2 cause it doesn't really fit. It's an indie festival, not a giant star/act festival). So there was a big build up (I'm in LA right now - 3 hours away from this place. I used to go to PS all the time when I was younger so I know the area). I just don't like phoney performers. Even Elton John had a bitch fit about her lip syncing. As far as the Festival goes I think the show was a big rip off...6 songs? By playing this kinda show she could have done something really different - major reworking of some of her big songs - a la Dylan. A stipped down show...all kinds of experimentation, instead she does the least possible....cause all it is is the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ (and i don't dig that so I have a hetro bitch fit) Simple as that Gazza mi amigo....

Posted by: Duane in Houston ()
Date: May 2, 2006 01:27

I'm sure that after a few rehearsals she'll be able to lip-sync a full hour or two's worth of material.

Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: May 2, 2006 03:44

like a a virgin ...... fvcked for the very first time........lalalala

Posted by: mttlacroix ()
Date: May 2, 2006 05:39

MicksBrain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The deal was this show had been talked about for
> the last month or 2 cause it doesn't really fit.
> It's an indie festival, not a giant star/act
> festival). So there was a big build up (I'm in LA
> right now - 3 hours away from this place. I used
> to go to PS all the time when I was younger so I
> know the area). I just don't like phoney
> performers. Even Elton John had a bitch fit about
> her lip syncing. As far as the Festival goes I
> think the show was a big rip off...6 songs? By
> playing this kinda show she could have done
> something really different - major reworking of
> some of her big songs - a la Dylan. A stipped down
> show...all kinds of experimentation, instead she
> does the least possible....cause all it is is the
> $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
> $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ (and i don't dig that so I have a
> hetro bitch fit) Simple as that Gazza mi amigo....

yeah but good old elton bitches bout anyone nowadays.

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: May 2, 2006 05:50

open-g Wrote:
> Does Madonna really play slide nowadays?

Thanks, that was the best laugh I had all day!

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: May 2, 2006 07:04

"Like a Virgin is about this guy with a really big dick."

Date: May 2, 2006 08:02

drbryant Wrote:
> "Like a Virgin is about this guy with a really big
> dick."

See what I mean Dr Bryant? The bitch writes a song about me from when we knew each other back in the day and doesn't even credit me. Now you know the real reason I'm pissed off about her....she's SO selfish, just a little mention....but no, can't be bothered to do a little thing like that. Hope that little bitch rots away at her local pub after one too many pints...Phoney disco skank..

Posted by: BornOnTheBayou ()
Date: May 2, 2006 08:16

Duhhh....

Just for your information almost every major touring artist / group does a few "warm up" shows that are less than full concert length...

You're obviously a Madonna-hater, which is fine, just don't pretend to appreciate her music then knock her... just say "I hate Madonna", and here's another thing I can carp about.

"It's just that demon life has got me in it's sway..."

Date: May 2, 2006 22:40

6 songs ain't a warm up - it's the F*ckin' Ed Sullivan show......I just hate RIP OFFS that put Disco albums out when they don't even have the energy to slow dance. I like some of her music but she's a RIP OFF...(shit man, people accept ANYTHING these days)

Posted by: somesmerized ()
Date: May 2, 2006 22:58

Yeah talk about it ! People accept anything these days. As for me I think airline seats are way too @#$%& small ! And I don't know why I should keep that for myself !!! It's a @#$%& disgrace, how can people just take that crap? Have everyone lost their DIGNITY ???

Just kidding...

;0)

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: May 2, 2006 23:03

Micks Brain, did you see an artist named Gnaris Barkley preform? I never heard about him until they started playing one of his songs on the radio latley here in SF. his ablums coming out in like a week. I want to check it ou. they said hes playing at Coachella.

Date: May 2, 2006 23:52

I didn't go to Coachella, but maybe I'll pick it up since this week I gotta get the New Pearl Jam and next week is the new Neil Young and RHCP so I'll be hittin the stores.... gotta get the new Q, Mojo, and uncut too (and all those free Cd's they always glue on - lol)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1243
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home