Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

keith's endorses an amp?
Posted by: nankerphlege ()
Date: April 26, 2006 23:53

Have you guys heard of this amp? It costs an arm and a leg but it sounds great. I didn't know Keith had endorsed an amp. I have never heard of an official Keith guitar or amp? Perhaps I am wrong. Does keith ever play this live or what about on stage? I know I haven't seen it.

[www.louisamps.com]

Go Dawgs!

Re: keith's endorses an amp?
Posted by: open-g ()
Date: April 27, 2006 00:00

Well thats News to me too.
How did you come across the link?
I haven't heard of louis amps before - so, thank you.

Posted by: farawayeyes2 ()
Date: April 27, 2006 00:12

sorry guyz for the stupid question but i can't see that amp in keith pics on the site! What's the connection with keef, apart the pics? seems he doesn't have so much to do with it..! Did they do it for him?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-04-27 00:17 by farawayeyes2.

Date: April 27, 2006 00:24

Yes, he built an amp for Keith. follow and read the pdf review
[www.louisamps.com]

Posted by: farawayeyes2 ()
Date: April 27, 2006 00:27

thanks didn't read it...that's cool!

Date: April 27, 2006 00:47

So how much is an arm and a leg worth, today?
I haven't seen any prices for those amps - but it must be big bucks, no doubt.
Those Hubert Sumlin mp3 clips are really worth listening. what a great sounding amp.

nice read
"get a table ready, Keith Richads is coming" hehe

Date: April 27, 2006 18:32

An arm and a leg try about a grand a piece ...over $2000 grand for the amp. I think I crapped in my pants when I heard this. I emailed them and one of the techs phoned me back (Left a message I was in dispose). Very courteous from the message but I was thinking maybe several hundred but not over $2000 grand. Maybe he would cut some one a deal but I still can't afford.

Open-G, I don't know how I found it. I think I was just Googling Keith and sumbled across it!!!

Go Dawgs!

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: April 27, 2006 19:31

First, Keith doesn't endorse these amps. The founder of the company built a low watt Fender Twin copy, gave it to Keith and Keith used it on the (terrible) Les Paul and Friends CD. The amp doesn't bear Keith's name, it's named the "KR model". Musicians like Keith recieve free gear all the time, as the manufacturer of course hopes he will play it in public, boosting sale.

Second, these amps do not cost that much. A boutique amp (meaning hand built with the best components) all start around $2000. For the build quality and sound, this isn't that high, especially since these kind of amps sound so much better than PCB based factory build amps. Aso, $2000 is still far less than original Fender's from the '50's. But all hand built Fender clones (Victoria, Carr, Cornford, Fargen and many more) start around $2000. If you want you can pay much more for an amp: Matchless build amps starting from $3000, Fuchs start with $3000, and a handmade Dumble amp starts at around $10.000.

The thing is: if you play a handbuild amp once, you will never go back to factory made PCB based amps. The same goes for example for Custom Shop Gibson's: if you once played a Custom Shop Les Paul, you will never touch a regular production model again. No matter what the price is of that hand made instrument.

Mathijs

Date: April 29, 2006 08:49

Hey Mathijs,

I understand your point and your right. You go with the good stuff and it's hard to go back.. I am just a poor college student who spent all his money going around the US following our boys and I am hoping to figure out a way to go to Europe provided Keith is okay. The price is why I will never touch a custom Gibson, Howver I did pick up a Greco Zemaitis (similar to some of ronnie's faces models) and had to put it down after strumming a chord. It was awesome.

I spoke with the owner about these amps and he was very helpful and knowledgeable and it was excellent to hear his view on these amps and the custom amp market. IT seems like they sound great. If Keith formally endorsed an amp, I would buy it.

Go Dawgs!

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: April 30, 2006 01:02

Well, you say you want to follow the Stones to Europe. If you don't do that you save roughly the amount of money needed for a Custom Shop Gibson '58 Les Paul.

Now you understand why I don't go to any Stones show. I think they have becomne a terrible band, and I'd rather spend the money on the more expensive equipment.

Mathijs

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1431
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home