Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Jagger TV project
Posted by: Monkeylad ()
Date: April 22, 2006 03:17

I haven't seen this posted yet. Apologies to all if it has been covered in another thread:

April 20, 2006, 10:45 AM ET

Nellie Andreeva, The Hollywood Reporter

Mick Jagger is in negotiations to appear in an-as-yet-untitled ABC comedy pilot from Rob Burnett and Jon Beckerman, according to sources. The Donal Logue-starring project, from Touchstone Television, revolves around a group of blue-collar guys in New York who decide to rob a celebrity (Jagger).

Originally, the project was shopped around with the cheeky title "I Want to Rob Jeff Goldblum," but Goldblum, who has his own pilot at NBC, was never attached. After the script was picked up to pilot in December, Burnett and Beckerman zeroed in on the Rolling Stones frontman as the celebrity at the center of the show.

Jagger would only appear in a few scenes, and his name is not expected to be in the title of the single-camera project, sources say. But he is crucial to the plot line as the target of the planned robbery and is mentioned numerous times in the scenes that already have been filmed.

DVDs with the taped pilot sans Jagger's scenes already have started floating around. If the pilot is picked up to series, Jagger would continue to appear as the plot to rob him develops.

With the deal for the Burnett/Beckerman project, Jagger is poised to join another British rock star, Elton John, in the ABC/Touchstone comedy fold this season. John executive produces the single-camera half-hour pilot "Him and Us."

Earlier this week, Jagger and the Rolling Stones wrapped the spring leg of their world tour supporting the 2005 Virgin album "A Bigger Bang," which covered North and South America, Japan, China, Australia and New Zealand. The European portion of the tour begins next month.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1560
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home