Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Sydney - Sensational
Posted by: RoddyD ()
Date: April 12, 2006 04:31

Flew in for the show yesterday from Perth.

Sat about 15 rows back, Keith's side (though he seemed to spend most of his time over on "Ronnie's" side).

What can I say? THEY ARE the best rock and rock'n'roll band in the world. They do it all, and do it all so bloody well!

JJF was great, though is took about 30secs for the band to 'find their way into it' - Charlie was a little too fast to start with.

For me the highlights musically were Angie (Keith's finger-picking just beautiful), a ferocious It's Only Rock N Roll, Dead Flowers, dare I say it after 'slagging off the crooning Keith' - This Place is Empty, Rough Justice, Paint it Black, SYMPATHY was majestic, Brown Sugar and a song that I really dont like on record, Start me Up.

Ronnie's solo in Tumbling Dice was awful, but his slide in This Place is Empty was stunning.

Where was Bobby Keys?

The moving stage took most people around me by surprise, and from all, their collective jaws dropped!!!

Get off my Cloud was played a little quick for my liking (as was Tumbling Dice in truth) but the crowd around me (a real mix of ages 5yo girl with mum and dad, to teens, to middle and old age fans) really got into it.

Oh No Not You Again was a shambling mess - JUST GREAT!!!

Satisfaction? YES! And Mick absolutley nailed it and worked the whole crowd during that song (as did Keith).

You Cant Always Get What you Want? Ronnie buggered up the solo a little, and Mick lost the lyrics in one part, but nevertheless a super version.

All in all, I wish I was going to Melbourne, they are the state of the art band.

The overall stage was a little understated...the lighting great, videos fantastic and pyrothechnics terrific. But ultimately, musically, AWESOME.

No one will or can replace them. Imagine U2 in ANOTHER 20-30 years?? Nup...

Rod
Perth

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-04-12 04:33 by RoddyD.

Re: Sydney - Sensational
Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: April 12, 2006 05:07

glad to hear it! can't wait for europe!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-04-12 05:07 by nikkibong.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: April 12, 2006 10:05

The only they will be replaced by is themselves as 80-85 years-olds.

Thank you, Roddy, for a lively & alive report!

Posted by: Dannyboy ()
Date: April 12, 2006 14:34

Good report Roddy, I agree.... a pretty fine show and back to Sydney with no grief at all. I had a really terrific night last night and it sounds like you did too

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1734
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home