Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

New Fats Domino album!!!
Posted by: WolfgangG ()
Date: April 9, 2006 10:44

New Fats Domino album "Alive And Kickin'" available now!!

TRACK LISTING:
1. Alive and Kickin'
2. Love You 'Til the Day I Die
3. I'll Be All Right
4. I Spent All My Money Loving You
5. Gimme Some
6. One Step At A Time
7. Home USA
8. Every Night About This Time
9. Four Leaf Clover
10. It Makes No Difference Now
11. This Is My Story
12. You Made Me Know
13. Ain't That A Shame

ORDER NOW at tipitinasfoundation.org

Re: New Fats Domino album!!!
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 9, 2006 10:58

ROCKMAN

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: April 9, 2006 11:25

Fats always managed to make me...happy..Louis Amstrong..also..thanks for this post...sure Iam gonna check it out.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: April 9, 2006 22:06

a friend of mine recently turned me on to Fats Domino. He's awesome!

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: April 9, 2006 22:24

Today, I read that another piano-man is very, very sick.
It's really sad. It's Billy Preston. Bless him.

[www.ejazznews.com]

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: April 9, 2006 22:44

right now Im at work, So I only skimmed the article. I'll read it later today when I have free time. what a bloody shame.

Posted by: LittleHelper ()
Date: April 10, 2006 03:39

"What a price" is such a good song by fats domino. bought some records of him recently. veryyy awesome

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: April 10, 2006 05:08

Fats is GREAT!

More people need to listen to his music. The guy made so many great great records.

Got to see him live on a double bill with Rick Nelson about 20 years ago...the show was taped for a video. I never saw the tape, so I don't know how well they came to capturing it. It was an incredible night...like Mardi Gras...lot of celebs came out for that one...Randy Newman, John Fogarty (singing along, and singing to the lady he was with!) Roger McGuinn, and right in the row in front of me, Jan and Dean...wonderful vibe in the house...one of the best shows ever.

I'm a little worried about what this new material sounds like. That Christmas album he did a few years back had a pretty cheesy sounding piano.

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: April 10, 2006 09:42

The tragedy about Fats Domino is that (most probably) that they did not release a really good live album. Most of them are budget CDs with no information on the recording and/or very bad editing. I really like that 'big band' approach with great horns but it should be represented properly on an album. Live albums are generally beter for such an artist because studio recordings mostly sound too 'clean'. I very much regret that I missed Fats Domino in concert.

There is a good budget DVD which matches my expectations. It's the one with the bonus tracks featuring Ray Charles, Jerry Lee Lewis and, yes, RON WOOD!

Now I do not know any Fats Domino live CD so if you know a good one please let me know.

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: April 10, 2006 09:43

Pardon, wahat I wanted to say was

Now I do not know EVERY Fats Domino live CD so if you know a good one please let me know.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1586
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home