Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
TicketMaster - Twickenham Switch.
Posted by: phd ()
Date: April 4, 2006 19:14

Just received an email from TicketMaster.Co.UK asking me if I agree or not to switch from Wembley to Twickenham. Delay to answer is Friday, 5th of May.

Re: TicketMaster - Twickenham Switch.
Posted by: Harm ()
Date: April 4, 2006 19:18

Me too. Unfortunately I can't have a partial refund. Yes or no. I can understand it would be a mess otherwise though.

Date: April 4, 2006 21:11

is anyone asking the question how you fit two sold out concerts at a 90.000 seater stadium into one that holds 70.000 when all four sides are in place?

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: April 4, 2006 21:20

All Wembley tickets were not put on sale.
The 90,000 capacity for Wembley is for football. For a concert with floor seating it would hold 70-75,000. Twickenham will hold 55,000.

Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: April 4, 2006 21:23

Harm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Me too. Unfortunately I can't have a partial
> refund. Yes or no. I can understand it would be a
> mess otherwise though.

Me too. My brother wants to go to Wembley, not Twicks. So it's a black market job then. But he will accept face value. Minus the charge of course. Lucky him.

Date: April 4, 2006 21:33

erikjjf Wrote:
> All Wembley tickets were not put on sale.
> The 90,000 capacity for Wembley is for football.
> For a concert with floor seating it would hold
> 70-75,000. Twickenham will hold 55,000.

Thus we have to admit The Stones knew way before the tickets went on sale that Wembley will not be finished on time.

Date: April 4, 2006 21:35

phd Wrote:
> Thus we have to admit The Stones knew way before the tickets went on sale that Wembley will not be finished on time.

Correct. They had Twicks booked all along, as a backup.

Date: April 4, 2006 21:38

Well, to be honest, Erijjf, it was more than a backup, as they knew they were to play at Twick.

Posted by: OILY_DIPSTICK ()
Date: April 4, 2006 21:39

No indication in the mail of the pitch layout wrt Wembley.
So, we need to decide without this information.
What a bunch of jokers, people need a statement of a guarantee of a like for like seat given the prices.
The usual commercial etiquette goes out of the window when it comes to Ticketmaster and the Stones.
I bet you would get better service if fickin Kingdom Of Leather had to change your fickin sofa.

Ticketmaster, you expect the minimum, and they deliver it, at your cost!!!

Grrrrrrrr, Oily.

Posted by: fiftyamp ()
Date: April 4, 2006 21:41

erikjjf Wrote:
> All Wembley tickets were not put on sale.
> The 90,000 capacity for Wembley is for football.
> For a concert with floor seating it would hold
> 70-75,000. Twickenham will hold 55,000.

How is it possible to have less seating for a concert than a football match, considering the 20k+ seated on the pitch?

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: April 4, 2006 21:57

Yes. Nothing said about the rows and seating. The pitch layout is no doubt slightly different but our rows and seats had better be near as damn it the exact equivalent - or else....

I suppose we won't find out the truth until they decide to dispatch the tickets shortly before the event. There's really no excuse for that now that they know it's definitely Twickers - I already received tickets for Portugal and Nice, for instance.

Date: April 4, 2006 22:04

fiftyamp Wrote:
> How is it possible to have less seating for a concert than a football match, considering the 20k+ seated on the pitch?

The stage blocks out 25-30% of the stadium. Then there are about 8000 floor seats.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: April 4, 2006 22:29

>> Thus we have to admit The Stones knew way before the tickets went on sale that Wembley will not be finished on time. <<

just curious: why do we have to admit that? certainly they knew Wembley MIGHT not be finished on time -
as did everybody buying tickets to gigs in an unbuilt venue. so good for the promoters for having a back-up plan for the same dates.
the lack of clarity about the seating charts is rather unnerving, of course ... but the pitch seating can't be *that* different, can it?
have some popcorn.

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: April 4, 2006 22:46

of course they knew it might not get done, hence the smart contingency plan...the Stones even wrote about the possibility in verse many years ago:

"...in the sweet ol' country where I come from...nothing ever gets done" - be a fitting song for them to play at Twickers in August, no?

Date: April 4, 2006 23:48

Well, in fact we bought The Stones at Twick when at the time of cashing out for Wembley. I don't care as I will attend The Stones in London. But I would have loved to see them in Wembley, which might never happen.....It's a little tricky dicky and "unfair" from promoters. But let's rock in London w

Posted by: CSD ()
Date: April 5, 2006 00:04

Ticketmaster are only offering tiered seats for Twickenham and there is a seating chart which shows pitch seating in a similar layout to Wembley, so let's hope for those of us who had pitch seats will be allocated the same or similar positions.

Posted by: kaskatanas ()
Date: April 5, 2006 00:21

question....... I´ve buy tickets for day 20 in 3 differents times..... could I be able of keep some of them and got refund by the others???

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 5, 2006 00:34

phd Wrote:
> Just received an email from TicketMaster.Co.UK
> asking me if I agree or not to switch from Wembley
> to Twickenham. Delay to answer is Friday, 5th of
> May.

did you have pitch tickets or grandstand tickets?

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: April 5, 2006 06:45

kaskatanas Wrote:
> question....... I´ve buy tickets for day 20 in 3
> differents times..... could I be able of keep
> some of them and got refund by the others???

I also have extra tickets for Wembley that I was worried about having to sell, but now I can get rid of 'em. I think that I will be able to return my C4's and keep my A1's because they have different order numbers.

Date: April 5, 2006 07:15

Twickenham:

Wembley:

Posted by: Ged Rambler ()
Date: April 5, 2006 08:52

The pitch layout above looks identical - in which case I still expect to be in A2,Row2 - if not,somebody had better have some good answers.

Date: April 5, 2006 09:46

Thanks. Yes, identical on the print.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: April 5, 2006 09:53

jagger50 Wrote:
> Harm Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Me too. Unfortunately I can't have a partial
> > refund. Yes or no. I can understand it would
> be a
> > mess otherwise though.
>
>
> Me too. My brother wants to go to Wembley, not
> Twicks. So it's a black market job then. But he
> will accept face value. Minus the charge of
> course. Lucky him.

I'll just ask for a refund (only two tickets) and buy a new one myself. I don't think you'll get rid of your ticket on the black market at face value.

PS: where the stage? North or south?

Date: April 5, 2006 10:05

would any of you UK-dwellers be able, willing and big enough to phone TM and ask them whether/how the change in venue will affect the pitch seating?
i know i know - but *not* asking doesn't help. i'd be hugely grateful - so would a bunch of other people i'm sure.

- Keith

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: April 5, 2006 10:33

with sssoul Wrote:
> would any of you UK-dwellers be able, willing and
> big enough to phone TM and ask them whether/how
> the change in venue will affect the pitch seating?
>
> i know i know - but *not* asking doesn't help.
> i'd be hugely grateful - so would a bunch of other
> people i'm sure.
>
> "Music, to me, is the joy, right?"
> - Keith

Callin Beast of Burden, come in Beast of Burden ............

Can you do this for among others Ms with sssoul, you, I, and innumerable others no doubt ? I would, but I'm out 'ere an' you're thar - so to say ! But I'd say, given the seating plan comparison on page 1 of this thread that the conclusion we're all drawing is probably the right one; namely that pitch seating between the two venues is identical. Looks that way from the two plans for sure, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask ?

Date: April 5, 2006 12:34

it really would be extremely gallant if someone in the UK could phone and then let us know what they say ...
meanwhile maybe someone knows which way the seat numbers run at Twickenham?

- Keith

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: April 5, 2006 13:51

Beast of Burden to the rescue here - though only very nominally, sorry to say. I've called three different Ticketmaster numbers and tried every option and I doubt if it will surprise anyone to know that it's just not possible to speak to a real live human being! The customer service number says they "cannot take calls at the moment" - but you can ask a question (wow!), which I did. And I just got back a recorded message saying nothing more than what we already know. I can't find any other Ticketmaster numbers anywhere on their website (or on the web) and none of the outlets listed have numbers either. So I'm stumped for now, at least...

I checked my tix from Twickenham last time - I had A4 Row D Seats 13 + 14 (and what's more, they were £75 - so they are actually CHEAPER this time!!). I can't be certain because I don't know how many seats there are in a row, but looking at the seating chart I would guess that seat 1 was at the B-stage. Since the seats are not fixed it could be different this time - though I guess the numbering has to be the same as what it would have been at Wembley.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-04-05 13:56 by Beast.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: April 5, 2006 13:55

Just a word of caution it looks like you have to respond to ticketmaster for either yes or no for tickets.

I was under the impression that if you did nothing the tickets would be saved for you anyway asi was not going to bother and only done it out of interest, my only exscuse it was early in the morning if this sounds dumb!.

Date: April 5, 2006 14:02

I got the same feeling as Ocean73. You have to answer and provide your reservation number Or No. But have to answer.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: April 5, 2006 14:06

Keep your ticket and just go and rock! Twicks or Wembley.... who cares?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1272
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home