Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

TONIGHT ONLY - Mixing Party
Posted by: drake ()
Date: March 26, 2006 23:03

I cant believe how long its been since I posted on here. I do appologize for being so late on delivering the Atlanta recording but tonight I'm heading down to my studio tonight around 8pm. Anyone who would enjoy being there is welcome to come on down. Hit me up if you need directions... 502-609-9317 Its at 717 W. Market Street in Louisville, KY. Its between 7th and 8th street on the left. Any parkinglot around it is free, so come on down and bring some brews or party favors of any kind. btw, ONNYA, I havent smoked the chron in over 2 months to avoid any problems with piss testing. On the plus side I can think of a million other entertaining substances which only leave residues for 2-3 days... smiling smiley

Re: TONIGHT ONLY - Mixing Party
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: March 27, 2006 00:01

the feds now have the address for illegal activities tonite. drake - keep the Mars bars hidden, please....

Date: March 27, 2006 00:25

nah man its cool. i know the feds pretty well now. since they raid me on a regular basis i get to schedule the raid. usually i try to have some beers ready for when they're done with the interogation.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: March 27, 2006 00:33

r u telling us the narcs can be bought? who'd a thunk....

Posted by: davido ()
Date: March 27, 2006 04:40

Good stuff! I'm looking forward
to a decent mix of Mr. Pitiful!
How does it sound?

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 27, 2006 04:41

Wish I could join ya, my friend! Can't wait for the Atlanta boot. Watch out for the bad guys! Be cool!

Scotty

Date: March 27, 2006 20:11

Its about 75% complete. Its already been mixed its just a matter of taking out some incredibly loud screaming/claps/shouts/talking in parts. My section was incredibly lively. I wont butcher the recording but the least I can do is adjust the levels so that the noise doesnt go louder than the music. Its detail work but its worth it. Mere hours/days away, depending on whether I get in there tonight, which is likely.

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: March 27, 2006 20:27

Thanks, Drake! I am really looking forward to this, especially since I was cheated out of going to this show for work reasons!

I was at the Atlanta Record Show over the weekend and there was a pretty good sounding boot floating around...but I'm holding out for the Original Drake Master! It sounds like (and judging from the set-list) this is one of the hottest shows on the tour!

Ross

Date: March 27, 2006 20:35

Do you have a copy of this other good sounding boot? I will definately be releasing mine but I cant tell you how awesome it would sound to combine the two if the other one is decent and recorded on digital equipment. If its analogue it wont sync up. Tapes dont holdup on the time signature. OOOOOooooohhhhh... better yet.... I can mix the two sources together and make a 5.1 surround sound version of this show! (This would a project for a later day, I'd just like to pursue it once I've released my recording.)

Date: March 27, 2006 20:51

Damn, I didn't buy it yesterday, but I'm pretty sure I can track it down. I will see what I can do. I got cards from some of the dealers so I should be able to come up with it.

They are pretty good about getting local shows at this convention, they already had the Prince and the Ray Davies shows from last week!

When I find it I will send you a copy.

Ross

Posted by: crossfire ()
Date: March 27, 2006 21:41

Drake-

Would love to grab a copy of the Atlanta gig from you sometime. Sorry I can't make the mixing event. I'll definitely stop down there at some point during the week- you're there mostly after 9pm??

Thanks...

Date: March 27, 2006 21:55

Ross, can you let me know when one of these will be happening again? I'll buy ya a beer! Thanks!

Scotty

Date: March 27, 2006 22:00

They happen every other month at the Marriott Northwest in Smyrna near I-75 and Windy Hill. The next one will likely be the last Sunday in May. I will keep you posted!

Ross

Date: March 27, 2006 22:07

Thanks, Ross. Do you have my e-mail address?

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: March 27, 2006 23:15

drake Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I cant believe how long its been since I posted on
> here. I do appologize for being so late on
> delivering the Atlanta recording but tonight I'm
> heading down to my studio tonight around 8pm.
> Anyone who would enjoy being there is welcome to
> come on down. Hit me up if you need directions...
> 502-609-9317 Its at 717 W. Market Street in
> Louisville, KY. Its between 7th and 8th street on
> the left. Any parkinglot around it is free, so
> come on down and bring some brews or party favors
> of any kind. btw, ONNYA, I havent smoked the
> chron in over 2 months to avoid any problems with
> piss testing. On the plus side I can think of a
> million other entertaining substances which only
> leave residues for 2-3 days...

Cool. I can't make it tonight, but I'll be on the lookout for the torrent.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1762
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home