Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT:WILD T and The Spirit
Posted by: Harm ()
Date: March 24, 2006 14:38

Wild T and the spirit will be at the Spirit of 66 in Verviers (Belgium). Saw him in Pepinster opening for Mick Taylor. Blues rock! Great
I'll be there most probably.

Re: OT:WILD T and The Spirit
Posted by: Miss U. ()
Date: March 26, 2006 00:15

Yeah he's great, alot of Hendrix influence there. He's played with Bowie, and he lives in Toronto but originally from Trinidad.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-03-26 00:15 by Miss U..

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: March 26, 2006 00:23

Do not know him!!!Miss...Im in!!

Posted by: Miss U. ()
Date: March 26, 2006 00:27

Then check out

www.wildt.ca

I have his cd "Givin Blood". When I saw him he was doing his own music plus SRV & Hendrix covers.

Tony "Wild T" Springer has hung with the best of them. David Bowie, Jeff Healey, Bon Jovi, Deep Purple, Jay Leno, David Letterman and Arsenio Hall are just some of the musical acts and personalities that have been blown away by Wild T's guitar.

Wild T is originally from Tunapuna, Trinidad. Though one may find similarities to Jimi Hendrix, ironically it was T's first exposure to Steve Howe and classic Yes that inspired him to take up guitar.

Moving to Toronto, Canada, T quickly gained a reputation on the local club circuit. Since then he has recorded two albums (Love Crazy 1991 and Givin' Blood 1995) with his own group, Wild T and the Spirit for Warner Brothers. He has also recorded an album (Black Tie, White Noise) with David Bowie and has appeared with Bowie on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, Late Night with David Letterman and the Arsenio Hall Show.

He has toured with Bon Jovi and Deep Purple throughout North America and has performed thousands of club shows. In '99 he was asked to portray Jimi Hendrix in Daydream Believers - The Monkees Story because of his resemblance and showmanship.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: March 26, 2006 00:35

I always found that''daydream believer '''song very funny and up lifting...Miss U thanks for ya music lesson!!!

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: March 26, 2006 04:10

sounds interesting, thanks for the heads up!

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 26, 2006 04:53

Long live Davy Jones - not only did he sing "Daydream Believer" but he also went to the prom with Marcia Brady! What a guy.

...the shaving razor's cold and it stings....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1866
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home