Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: New Rock Star series sounds kinda interesting
Posted by: Stones89 ()
Date: March 18, 2006 01:53

Have a read:

Round two of 'Rock Star' goes Supernova
17/03/2006 12:00:00 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(KP International) The next band to follow in the footsteps of the hit TV show 'Rock Star: INXS' is one you've never heard of - because it's a newly-formed band that includes former members of Motley Crue, Metallica and Guns N' Roses, and they're looking for a new lead singer.

Contenders will endure the wrath of reality television in order to win the privilege of becoming the lead singer of the newly-formed band Supernova, and, in so doing, become bandmates with Crue drummer Tommy Lee, Metallica guitarist Jason Newsted and GN'R guitarist Gilby Clarke.

Hundreds of rock star wannabes lined up outside Toronto's famed Horseshoe Tavern on March 13 (in the pouring rain no less) for one of two Canadian auditions being held.

This summer fans can tune in to 'Rock Star: The Series' and follow the path of the next J.D. Fortune, who won the show's inaugural season and now fronts the Australian rock band INXS.

I like the 'supergroup' (if I can call it that) idea. Should be somewhat interesting IMO. Your thoughts?

Re: OT: New Rock Star series sounds kinda interesting
Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: March 18, 2006 18:42

I didn't watch the INXS one (they're ok but I'm not crazy about them, plus I think it's not INXS without Michael H.) but I'd watch this one. Gilby Clarke is an under rated guitarist. He's very stonesy sounding; if I'm remembering right he did a cover of Dead Flowers on a solo album and it sounded pretty good. Too bad they couldn't have gotten Izzy Stradlin as well. Jason Newsted is cool too. He was great in Metallica.

Posted by: stonesfan70 ()
Date: March 18, 2006 21:00

Sorry, you lost me at Tommy Lee. What a clown.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: March 18, 2006 21:05

They could be the next Audioslave!

Posted by: Some Girl ()
Date: March 18, 2006 23:22

...so it's not the Next Van Halen then? Damn.

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: March 19, 2006 00:51

Hey, I liked the INXS one. Michael Hutchence was GREAT but the new J.D. guy actually works (have the new CD "SWITCH" and it's really good). I'm happy for the band getting a second chance. It was super sad when Michael died but that's what happens when you get mixed up with a nut job like Paula Yates. She WAS such a c**t that she doesn't even stay around to raise her daughter - turns her into an orphan.

The new one sounds OK but Tommy Lee will probably leave within the year. He wants to be a frontman so he should just admit it. Van Halen or The Doors would have been more interesting.

Posted by: Stones89 ()
Date: March 19, 2006 01:47

I think that if they had Van Halen then eventually Eddie and the new singer would be fighting for whatever reason. His track record with singers ain't so great! lol Of course, that's all speculation. Just my opinion. smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2241
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home