Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Guitar effects
Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: March 16, 2006 14:36

Hi,

I've got some questions about Keith and Ronnie's guitar effects. I know Keith used the original MXR Phase 90 with the script logo in 1981. Does he still use it on Shattered nowadays?

Also, I wonder about distortion, overdrive, fuzz, whatever.. do they just use the built in distortion or do they have seperate effects for that too?

And what kind of delay pedals do they use?

I'm specifically wondering about the '81/'82 tour. It sounds like they both had some kind of flanger thing going the whole show.
Yeah I'm a pain in the butt but just tell me!! Thanks!!

Re: Guitar effects
Posted by: farawayeyes2 ()
Date: March 16, 2006 15:36

hi reptile
well the phase keith used to play from the late 70 is the mxr phase 100, not the 90.
don't think he does right now on this tour, anyway i remember a shattered version from some years ago (maybe 97-98) in wich keith used a phaser. About the distortion, i think keith always used the amp's one, earlier with the ampegs, later with the mesas and now with his fender twins. No distorion pedals as far as i know (exept the famous fuzz while recording satisfaction). the delay sound you can hear on undercover, er, tattoo you is given by the mxr digital delay wich both keith and ronnie used that period (on the 81-82 tour too.) The "liquid" sound you hear on fool to cry, coming down again is keith using his phaser with a wah-wah pedal. that's all i know about it smiling smiley

Posted by: fiftyamp ()
Date: March 16, 2006 20:00

Keith and Ron both use alot of Fulltone Pedals right now. Hand made by Mike Fuller in CA, they rock. Can't live without my 69 Fuzz. Pricey, but worth it.
www.fulltone.com

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: March 16, 2006 22:50

Hey Reptile,

Maybe this link offers some help: [www.popschoolmaastricht.nl] (in dutch...) On the left are some other guitar articles that might interest you.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 16, 2006 22:56

You people (especially Mathijs and with sssoul) know so unbelievable much about guitars and amps. Ive played guitar for 16 years, yet I don't know what you are talking about, I'm not familiar with the terms.
Anyway, Ive got an old big Music Man amp. I take the "1st"-volume button on 8-9, and the main-volume-button on 3 or 4 (depends on how loud you want to play). This way you'll get a really raw sound, and when you hit the strings hard, it's almost a fuzz-sound. This is the way to get R&R sound. Those fuzz-pedals(or fuzz in the amp) sound awful.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1249
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home