Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Satisfaction- Get off of my Cloud - Wide Stereo
Posted by: WNY Stones ()
Date: March 10, 2006 21:33

This probably has been posted before. Where can I find the wide stereo versions of these songs on CD. On Satisfaction you can clearly hear the rhythm guitar and piano on one channel. On Get Off Of My Cloud the single note lead line comes through by itself I beleive on the right channel. The stereo versions I have don't have much seperation at all. Are these the only two songs mixed like this?

Re: Satisfaction- Get off of my Cloud - Wide Stereo
Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: March 10, 2006 23:00

You have to get either the Japanese or German version (Hot Rocks 1 & 2), two individual cds. Really just need cd 1, for all the early hits in wide stereo. T

I have the German one, and its fab!...still prefer the mono mixes, though. But cool to have for a change of pace-as I am a completest.

JR

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: March 10, 2006 23:12

The London Hot Rocks as mentioned above also is the only CD that has Play With Fire in stereo, too (I think).

Posted by: Stones89 ()
Date: March 10, 2006 23:12

WNY Stones, do you mean the versions where you can hear exactly every instrument being played? If those are the ones you mean then maybe I'll post them in the Buy/Sell/Trade section.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: March 10, 2006 23:13

The Japanese CD was incredibly overpriced. And the mix is woefully inferior to the straight mono mixes of both those songs.

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: March 11, 2006 00:36

Are stereo mixes of the songs mentioned available on any of the 2002 ABKCO reissues? I have the 2002 US Out Of Our Heads and December's Children and all songs are mono, but I wasn't sure if they are also mono on the compilation albums reissued in 2002.

I also was surprised by disc 1 of Forty Licks how they included the mono versions of Let's Spend The Night Together and, if I remember correctly, Ruby Tuesday, yet they gave us a stereo mix of It's All Over Now. It's a bit confusing as to where to get the stereo mixes of the early songs.

Could anyone make a list of the pre 1967 songs that are usually only found in mono but are available in stereo on some cd? Thanks.

Posted by: WNY Stones ()
Date: March 11, 2006 02:09

Stones89 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> WNY Stones, do you mean the versions where you can
> hear exactly every instrument being played? If
> those are the ones you mean then maybe I'll post
> them in the Buy/Sell/Trade section.

Yes these are the versions Im thinking off. Thanks everone you guys have been alot of help.

Posted by: Stones89 ()
Date: March 11, 2006 03:58

ATTENTION WNY STONES (and anyone else):

Both Satisfaction and Get Off Of My Cloud are now in the Hot Stuff section. Enjoy! smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 724
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home