Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

best luck in getting tickets
Posted by: livewithme ()
Date: March 9, 2006 03:31

By far my best luck with getting tickets was for No Security. I was excited for the chance to see the Stones indoors for the first time. Plus it was opening night of the tour. I decided to try the phone. I wasn't able to do a Rockman plus I have had mixed success with the campout and was still on dial up so internet was out. So anyway tickets went on sale at 10a.m. Sunday morning. I started dialing the first time a few seconds before 10. First time busy. Second time it rang, but kept ringing seemingly forever. For some reason the urge is to hang up thinking something must be wrong and you are missing out on the real chance to get tickets. Someone finallyanswered and put me on hold immediately. After maybe 5 minutes they came on and asked me what I wanted. I said the Stones. They said the computers weren't up yet and put me on hold. After about 5 minutes, the girl came back and said how can I help you. I said give me the two best. She said row 5, seat 3 & 4. She assured me that this was the real row 5 and I said o.k. She said that will be $675. I screamed "are you kidding me" or something to that effect, as I had not heard about the new prices. I hestitated a few seconds, hoping my wife wouldn't kill me for paying so much. The girl broke in to say that if I said I could not afford the price there was a special program to get them for less. She made me say "I can not afford the tickets", and bam the price was now $199 (I think it was $99.50 with the service charge waived).
I did not believe it until I was sitting in row 5, seat 3. When the Stones played I was next to row 3 seat 1. Mick's mike stand was 15 feet away with Ronnie directly in front of us. Like being in my living room!
They started with JJF and we were in heaven for two hours. The B stage was the bummer because when you are in front, it is like, "hey where are you guys going -get back here" but hey can't be too selfish. It was an incredible show, setlist etc. Great reviews still on this site so I wont go on anymore. Anyway I felt like karma had paid off big time with this luck on the show I most wanted to see.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1314
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home