Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

What would have happen if Bill left when Mick Taylor did?
Posted by: kienan ()
Date: March 7, 2006 23:47

Would the Stones have fall apart like they did after the '81/82 tour? Mick Taylor has been quoted as saying that was under the impression that Bill Wyman was on the verge of leaving when he left. I think Keith may have joined the Faces since he and Ronnie were already working together. Mick would have started up his solo career. Charlie would have toured with his jazz band. What do you think? Could they have survived two members leaving at once? Yes they would have. They have made it with out Wyman and Taylor. Just thinking out loud.

Re: What would have happen if Bill left when Mick Taylor did?
Posted by: real rock ()
Date: March 7, 2006 23:51

I think that we are all glad that he din't do that to the stones (-;

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: March 7, 2006 23:55

Kienan both poses the question and then answers it. I think this thread should now be closed.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 8, 2006 00:15

If Bill and Taylor left at the same time, it would be Ronnie Wood and Ronnie Lane doing their job.
Bill Wyman would have done a lot of more solowork, after his try on "Monkey Grip" (I can't understand why almost all song titles on this album is pervert).
And if he went much lower, and lost all self-respect, he could have joined in on keyboards in Wings. Ferrante would have used this as an example how the Rolling Stones, always wanted to be in the Beatles.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 8, 2006 00:27

They'd have had to hire two people instead of just one ?

Date: March 8, 2006 00:40

StonesTod! Yes I asked then answer my own question. It was a hypothetical one at that. Just seeking some creative input. A what if theory. Anyway, thanks for reading and replying.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: March 8, 2006 04:26

x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-12-08 01:50 by Beelyboy.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: March 8, 2006 04:57

Hypothetical, not rhetorical, eh? Okay - then let me answer with an hysterical, not logical answer: The band would have died then and there!

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: March 8, 2006 11:39

They would have snuck the tip of a human finger into the Pad Thai at Bill's "Sticky Fingers" restaurant and then sued the sh*t out of him. He would have lost all of his money and property in the lawsuit so he would have had to rejoin the Stones to bring in some fresh cash. As punishment he would have to do a solo bass only version of "In Another Land" right after Keith's 2 songs at every Stones show forever and ever. After the song was over Jagger would come out in the spotlight laughing his ass off and yell, "WELL ALRIGHT !! Billy's pure crap tonight, ain't he"...Charlie would do a quick drum roll and Keith would hit an E chord once....

Date: March 8, 2006 16:36

It just hit me. This is exactly what would have happened. They would have gone ahead and "Borrowed" Ronnie from the Faces as they did but then one day while they were trying out bass players Brian Jones would have walked in and confessed that his death was staged and that he'd actually been down in Africa hanging out with Jim Morrison (who's still down there to this very day playing in a blues band in Stonetown, Zanzibar) working on some Rock Opera's and getting healthy by going veggie and using Jane Fonda's workout video's almost daily. Ronnie would have been moved over to Bass in an instant. Brian would have been welcomed back with open arms and put back on guitar and wizard of all instruments.Black and Blue (renamed "Black and Blue and Back") would have been a triple album with "Cherry Oh Baby" getting tossed out right away. One disc would be the album as we know it now (with a few more outtakes thrown in including the super long version of "Slave"), one disc would be experimental and one disc would be bluesy - Hailed as the Stones Masterpiece they would tour the globe with Led Zeppelin as their opening act.This is what would have happened, Don't ask me how I know but I just know.....

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 8, 2006 17:04

Taylor would have single-handedly kept Wyman's reaturant in business.winking smiley

BTW, kienan, what have you done to StonesTod?

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: March 8, 2006 17:20

if Bill left when Taylor left, then maybe Taylor could have rejoined on bass.

Date: March 8, 2006 19:30

But what would happen when Brian came back? See, that's the twister.....

Date: March 8, 2006 19:33

Then Stu would return in time for Jimmy Miller's new turn at the board.

Date: March 8, 2006 19:47

Yeah , We NEED Jimmy Miller back - he was the BEST !!!

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: March 8, 2006 19:50

The Rolling (Over in their Graves) Stones?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1896
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home