Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

May 11th 1963 - 1st Early Report of a new band sound
Posted by: stones40 ()
Date: March 5, 2006 03:45

During April 1963 ,Giorgio Gomelsky called Record Mirror journalist Peter Jones to come and see the Rolling Stones at the ' Crawdaddy Club.
Jones is impressed by them and the following week returns with fellow journalist Norman Jopling,who writes an article about them,published in the issue of 11th may 1963.
Jopling's piece is the first ever written article about the Rolling Stones in a music paper.
Jopling writes 'At the Station Hotel',Kew Road the kids throw themselves about to the new 'jungle music ' like they never did in the more restrained days of trad.
And the combo they writhe and twist to is called the 'Rolling Stones' ---
The 'Rolling Stones are destined to be the biggest group in the R&B scene...
Three months ago only fifty people turned up to see the group.Now promotour Gomelsky has to close the doors at an early hour with over 500 fans crowding the hall...
Fact is that,unlike the other R&B groups worthy of the name ,the' Rolling Stones' have a definite visual appeal and a sound which is so hynoctic
that fans are clambering for seats so that they can see them
Nothing has really changed except the numbers attending stadium concerts during th 43 Year reign of the one and only 'Rolling Stones@

Re: May 11th 1963 - 1st Early Report of a new band sound
Posted by: StratoGR ()
Date: March 5, 2006 04:12

I wish I was there.I really wonder if the guys who were in the first appearence of Stones,you know the day with the snow,if anyone remebers being there.

Re: May 11th 1963 - 1st Early Report of a new band sound
Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: March 5, 2006 04:59

44 years and still going strong. Amazing! Only six years until the 50th anniversary/farewell tour.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1953
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home