Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Last minute advice - fan club tickets sydney
Posted by: Tom Petty ()
Date: March 1, 2006 12:32

This is on tomorrow - i need to buy 8 tickets for my family, and I really want to get the best possible seats - i'm ready to go, but Gazza and others who've seen the stadium gig, where's the best place to aspire to sit? I take it I've not got much control here, but given the choice?

And Gazza I can't find the thread now, but did you say to actually choose "best available" as distinct from "most expensive"?

Any assistance here greatly appreciated, thanks.

Re: Last minute advice - fan club tickets sydney
Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: March 1, 2006 12:46

yer and are the FLOOR seats called Floor in Stadium shows?

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: March 1, 2006 12:57

Choose best available from the price category where the best seats are on the floor.

Date: March 1, 2006 13:04

where exactly are the best seats on the floor - ie how close to the front? Thanks again

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 1, 2006 13:06

I repeat from a previous thread:

IF - in this 70,000 seat stadium they've got floor/pitch seating and they're following the same format as they've done in US shows and all 5 UK shows, then ...

(a) if there are THREE ticket price categories for the gig, I'd select the LOWEST when you make your selection to search for tickets

(b) if there are FOUR ticket price categories for the gig, I'd select the second LOWEST when you make your selection to search for tickets

The "format" I'm referring to is this business of pricing an indeterminate number of front/frontish rows cheaper than rows further back.

I should point out that so doing enabled me to get 1st, 2nd, and 3rd row tickets for all 5 UK shows. I should however also point out that I took an educated guess that because this format had been adopted in the US come ticket sales time; then there was a distinct possibility that they'd also employ it for the UK shows. I was right, but I'm aware that I could just as well all too easily have been wrong.

So if I were you, I should ask some questions, do some research, solicit other folks' opinions, and then make your best guess and take a stab. There's one thing you CANNOT afford to do though, and that is NOT to be there the VERY moment that site selling the tickets goes live. BE THERE !! Those front rows, however they're priced, will move fast. If you ARE there the moment they stazrt selling, and you notice though that you NEVER get offered any FRONTISH rows at all, then another reasonably educated guess would be that they haven't as yet released those rows in any particular block. That being the case, put the coffee on, get the popcorn out, and be prepared to devote the entire day to refreshing the page and searching again and again, because they do indeed DO this. They will hold an entire front block for some reason, and maybe only release it many hours into the presale/sale. This is what happened to me when I was trying to buy tickets for Cardiff. I got 1st row Wembley at about 10 nanoseconds past 09:00 when the sale started, and yet I got 3rd row Cardiff at about 16:00 hrs in the afternoon, having spent EIGHT full hours in front of my laptop.

Perseverance my friend. I should take the day off work !!

Date: March 1, 2006 13:11

Sorry,

just re-read your question. You're not so much asking how to get particular seats at a particular price, but basically where the best seats are ? Is that right ?

<<i need to buy 8 tickets for my family, and I really want to get the best possible seats>>

Personally, I don't think there's anything quite like sitting right in front of the Stones, so the first few rows would have to get my vote !

Date: March 1, 2006 13:12

whats the web address to get the tickets? I'll have a look at the options and tell you whats best. Be quick though i've got to go to work

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: March 1, 2006 13:16

paulywaul

"The "format" I'm referring to is this business of pricing an indeterminate number of front/frontish rows cheaper than rows further back"

Do you have any logical explanation for that ? War marketing ? Trying to confuse people ? Doing an act of God ? Or fresh moneny-broken blood needed on the front row for the camera ?

Date: March 1, 2006 13:31

hi flairville - they havn't got the map of the seating up yet, damn 'em!

Date: March 1, 2006 13:34

Thisis where it should be

[premier.ticketek.com.au]

Date: March 1, 2006 13:35

The Joker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> paulywaul
>
> "The "format" I'm referring to is this business of
> pricing an indeterminate number of front/frontish
> rows cheaper than rows further back"
>
> Do you have any logical explanation for that ? War
> marketing ? Trying to confuse people ? Doing an
> act of God ? Or fresh moneny-broken blood needed
> on the front row for the camera ?
>

No, I haven't. Not at all. I can't imagine really that it's a limp attempt at deterring scalpers or anything like that, because any scalper worth his/her salt will have eagerly been digesting the contents of all the threads on this subject here on IORR, and now be just as wise as the rest of us ?

What I will say though is that I first noticed that this "format" (if you want to call it that) when I myself was buying tickets for three shows in the States last fall. I got my tickets OK, hasten to add they were full price/the most expensive. But in all the subsequent discussions on this board in IORR, loads of people starting mentioning having got better tickets (closer to the front) for $99 than for $454 !! This pattern began to appear at virtually all the shows in the States, or at least a lot of them. So many months later when the UK shows were announced, there was again a bit of a flurry of chatter about this on the board, and that's what got me thinking that they "might" be doing the same thing in the UK. What tipped the scales I suppose, and made me pretty much "certain", was the fact my first request for tickets when the site for Wembley 1 sales went live - resulted in me being offered shit seats for the highest price about three blocks back from the stage. I thought "this is ridiculous. Here I am bang on opening time, and all there is under BEST AVAILABLE is THREE bloody blocks back". So for my second request I just selected the lowest price category of the three that were available, and up came row 1 in the front block ??? What else can I tell ya ?

Date: March 1, 2006 13:40

That ticket site isn't very clear, keep checking it for updates. I don't have a good feeling about the front of stage seats being amongst the cheapest with the way the ticket brackets are divided. Hope i'm wrong. Try calling the venue, they may have a breakdown of the seating area's and prices.

Date: March 1, 2006 13:47

it's too late for that - it all kicks off at 6 am tomorrwo AWST - oh well thanks anyway, fingers crossed! I so want this to be special, in that I am taking some Stones debutants, and really want it to be huge for them as well as me

Date: March 1, 2006 13:53

Well good luck and let us know how you got on - OK ?

Date: March 1, 2006 13:55

If you've got a pre 5/9 code you should be warmly rewarded. If you have a code make sure you copy it before the sale starts so you can instantly paste it into the box without having to waste time typing it. Best of luck.

Date: March 1, 2006 14:07

paulywaul and flairville thanks (yes, I do have a pre5/9 code) and i will most certainly give you the lowdown on how i went.

thanks again guys

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: March 1, 2006 15:06

To get the front rows in UK, you had to select the cheapest price in the range for the pitch (which was £60) and then "pitch seating". Good luck!

Date: March 1, 2006 15:13

is it misguided of me to assume that if I go the most expensive seats FOS with a pre 9/5 code that I should do OK?

that's what I'm tending to think I'll do

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: March 1, 2006 15:56

Stop fretting and just go for it.Take a risk and live dangerously.

Date: March 1, 2006 17:58

Tom Petty Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> is it misguided of me to assume that if I go the
> most expensive seats FOS with a pre 9/5 code that
> I should do OK?
>
> that's what I'm tending to think I'll do

Haven't you taken in what I've been saying ? Haven't you read was Beast said ? And finally, as stargroover has said .... stop fretting and go for it. Once again, good luck !

Posted by: maxx ()
Date: March 1, 2006 22:12

The most expensive seats start from row 11 and backwards.

The reason being that the sound quality is usually better and you should not get a limited view of any of the stage.

Seats in rows 1 - 10 should be cheaper.

Good luck on getting 8 front row tickets together.

Date: March 1, 2006 22:43

Thanks for that, it's the first sensible explanation I've heard of why they price the first few rows cheaper. So .... it might be because of poorer sound, and maybe a very slightly restricted view because of angle/elevation I guess ? Interesting !

Posted by: maxx ()
Date: March 1, 2006 22:59

There are those here who think the Stones do it as a gift to the fans but.

Dont ask me where I saw it or red it as it was years ago.

Mick was bitching big time about the sound quality of live recordings of their shows.

Pullin his hair out as the record company or who ever insisted on recording shows at the front & on the stage.

He said the best place was much further from the stage as the best sound is centre of the audience half way between the mixing desk and stage.

That is why I think they charge higher prices further back.

Of course technology has advanced recording wise but the sound in a stadium is still better further back.

All said and done I still like being FOS standing and none of these stupid seats on the pitch, somehow its more fun to me.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1522
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home