Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ronnie improved
Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: February 27, 2006 15:48

Just heard two tracks from Buenos Aires, MR, TD, and in fact, first time on this tour I must say and I'm so pleased: Ronnies guitar playing on Rambler is better than before on this tour, and on TD it isn't so chaotic as before. Hope he will improve his guitar playing further until the Stones tour Europe next summer.

Re: Ronnie improved
Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 27, 2006 19:29

Ronnie has been great all the time on this tour. You can tell from Mick's smile. And it hs been there all the time. And rom Keith's great grin at times, when he is walking over to his buddy. In Boston first show or now, great all the way. Sure we have ups and downs all of us but do we need to keep a list? Like is there a Mr Perfect out there somewhere?

PS. You all know what my opinion is on this kind of theads. Just forget it. It's done and dealt with. Case closed. End of discusson. Comprende? OK? I don't want another "is Ronnie good or bad" discussion. We had them all in 100's over the konths, and they bring nothing. Take them to the bar or wherever but forget it.

Bjornulf

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: February 27, 2006 19:34

RIGHT ON!
ronnie looks great...+ and they could not sound better....long live the greatest rock and roll band in the world....
please come back to philly!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: February 27, 2006 20:12

Thanks, Bjornulf. I agree! He has been on fire since the Licks tour.

Best,

JR

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: February 27, 2006 21:24

It's just like 1975 all over again! LOL

Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: February 27, 2006 21:29

i watched the dvd from MSG 1-20/ top notch all the way loved it , sway...etc....good stuff!

Posted by: JamesBurton ()
Date: February 27, 2006 22:03

<< You can tell from Mick's smile. And it hs been there all the time. >>

Well, that is far from accurate, Bjornulf. Did you attend or see footage from any of the concerts early in the tour. The relationship was as cold as ice, particularly in Albany when Ronnie was having technical problems and Mick gave him one of the coldest stares I have seen to date. And if Mick was so supportive, how come Ronnie wasn't included on 1/3 of ABB and not included in the creative process? And the best I can tell, Look What the Cat Dragged In was a slighting shot at Woody. Mick is only supportive when he gets his way!

"You look like a leper dressed as Sergeant Pepper"

Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: February 27, 2006 22:12

Isn't anyone listening. Case closed.

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: February 27, 2006 23:22

Oh God...since Brian...The Glimmertwins have mostly excluded the others from the creative process...it is a long standing complaint by Brian, MT, Bill Wyman. Its not like Ron was singled out for ABB. Hell for much of B2B Mick and Keith excluded each other! This album's creation was about Mick and Keith facing each other and dealing with the fact of Charlie's possible mortality. Christ, Keith was absent for a lot of GHS and IORR... no one talks about that being a shut out.

You are the first and only poster I have read so far JamesBirton, that places "Look What the Cat Dragged In, " into the "get ronnie" material. Another poster on another thread pointed out the obvious, if the freindship between Mick and Ron is done, then why in the Hell did Jo call MJ of all people to help when she felt RW was finally out of control. AND HE RESPONDED.

Posted by: Keith The Beast ()
Date: February 27, 2006 23:30

Ronnie was fantastic on the Argentina show I went to. people were applauding him like hell midway through his solo on YCAGWYW! It was honestly on of the best I've seen him do. And he made great solos also on Worried About You and Start Me Up.

"Too many roads lead to nowhere
But how they twist and they turn
And a dead end and a dusty old strip mall
Where your tires are all shredded and burned"

- Driving Too Fast

Posted by: otonneau ()
Date: February 27, 2006 23:32

This thread is amazing. I disagree but cannot say it, orders from the boss. Have a good day, enjoy one way discussions!

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: February 27, 2006 23:40

Jagger is suporting Ronnie all the way..and he deserves it!!!

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: February 28, 2006 00:49

x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-12-06 07:34 by Beelyboy.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: February 28, 2006 10:29

It is always the same thing. If we give a review in musical matters, we critizise a person lest the music is from a computer. I find it a little boring to say nothing but "the Stones are the greatest band on earth and in the heavens" and so. Here we have an extraordinary forum with many interesting contributions in musical matters. So it must be possible to say that there is a decline or a improvement concerning a member of the band. And it must be possible to say e.g. that Mick Taylor is a great guitarist with essential contributions to the history of the band. And it must be possible to say that Ronnie isn't in his best shape for the moment or that his guitar playing in Argentina was better than before during this tour.

Posted by: kees ()
Date: February 28, 2006 11:14

What a bullshit to state that 'Ronnie is great all the way'. A kid with only one year of guitar lessons can see he play is 'mediocre' at the best. Did you listen to his 'solo' during WAY in MSG Jan. 2006? Not as @#$%& up as in the Budokan in 2003 but still....
And I get a bit unconfortable when the organizer of this forum is telling us not to discuss this subject anymore.
What is strange about following the technical abilities from one of the two guitar players from the Stones in a critical way?

Posted by: shedooby ()
Date: February 28, 2006 11:31

kees Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What a bullshit to state that 'Ronnie is great all
> the way'. A kid with only one year of guitar
> lessons can see he play is 'mediocre' at the best.
> Did you listen to his 'solo' during WAY in MSG
> Jan. 2006? Not as @#$%& up as in the Budokan in
> 2003 but still....
> And I get a bit unconfortable when the organizer
> of this forum is telling us not to discuss this
> subject anymore.
> What is strange about following the technical
> abilities from one of the two guitar players from
> the Stones in a critical way?
>

I fully agree, anyone should be able to place one's worries about someone's playing.
FE solo's on she's so cold and shattered in San Francisco are bad excuses for solo's, he just managed to keep his fingers on (some) strings, too bad

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: February 28, 2006 12:17

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Date: February 28, 2006 19:58

x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-12-05 21:55 by Beelyboy.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: February 28, 2006 20:05

How come if it's a Ronnie positive post, Bv responds. If it's a Taylor positive post, Bv flips?

Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: February 28, 2006 20:34

kees Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What a bullshit to state that 'Ronnie is great all
> the way'. A kid with only one year of guitar
> lessons can see he play is 'mediocre' at the best.
> Did you listen to his 'solo' during WAY in MSG
> Jan. 2006? Not as @#$%& up as in the Budokan in
> 2003 but still....
> And I get a bit unconfortable when the organizer
> of this forum is telling us not to discuss this
> subject anymore.
> What is strange about following the technical
> abilities from one of the two guitar players from
> the Stones in a critical way?
>
i was at that show...and it was very good......ron was great......what is it w/ you people ?? i really dont get it...it really is over the top........i consider myself a pretty fair person but these post are to much.......btw i think BV does a pretty good job at moderating this forum..he let open G back...which was in my opinion VERY big....
i will give a update after RCMH...on the 14th of March!!

Posted by: livewithme ()
Date: February 28, 2006 20:35

I hope that Biggest Mistake was not another veiled shot at Ronnie!

Date: February 28, 2006 20:49

x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-12-05 21:55 by Beelyboy.

Posted by: JbirdOU ()
Date: February 28, 2006 20:53

I dont know about improved, but Ronnie on the Licks Tour finally got equal attention in the band. I thought the whole tour he got to shine. Its all been done, lets move on. Smoke if you got em, Ronnie

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1398
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home